John5:24, as it relates to the Bible, LDS theology and the critic's claims

dberrie2020

Too bad you didn't read the whole thing. Had you done so, rather than just parroting talking points, you would have seen that the previous verses said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life."

The "judgment" there is a reference to "condemnation"--

John 5:24---King James Version
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

IOW--those who have faith in Christ, won't be in this resurrection:

John 5:28-29---King James Version
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

All will be judged according to works--even Christians:

2 Corinthians 5:10---King James Version
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

How are you relating that to John5:24--or John5:28-29? Or the fact even Christians will face the judgment according to what they have done?
Christians will face the judgment according to what they have done.....The judgement will not be about salvation.

1 Cor 3:112 Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials—gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw. 13 But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value. 14If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward. 15 But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames.

Christians will face the judgment according to what they have done.....The judgement will not be about salvation.

1 Cor 3:112 Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials—gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw. 13 But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value. 14If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward. 15 But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames.

Those who inherit eternal life do not suffer a "great loss". They may be saved unto something--but not the kingdom of God.

So--how are you claiming that relates to the testimony all will be judged according to works--and that for life or damnation?

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Those who inherit eternal life do not suffer a "great loss". They may be saved unto something--but not the kingdom of God.
They will receive no crown.....which is a loss.

If a mormon could be saved they would suffer great loss because all they do is to earn credit towards their salvation possibility account.....RATHER...than doing to glorify the Lord of lords and king of Kings.

The mormon motivation is to save their own butts...pure selfishness. Trying to accomplish what Christ Jesus already did for them.

You can be freed from your slavery...You do know that?

Those who are in Christ receive a crown:

1 Peter 5:4---King James Version
4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
Do you know how many crowns there are?

Mormons won't receive a crown....

Do you know how many crowns there are?

There is only one crown of life:

Revelation 2:10---King James Version
10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

And that "life" come to them which meet the conditions put forth here:

There is only one crown of life:

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

And that "life" come to them which meet the conditions put forth here:

OK, you don't know....so I'll help you.
James 1:12 Crown of Life.
2 Tim 4:18 Crown of righteousness.
1 Peter 5:4 Crown of glory.
1 Thess 2:19 Crown of rejoicing.

BTW.....you do know there are two seperate resurrections? I understand you didn't know there were 2 judgements as well as more than one crown.

OK, you don't know....so I'll help you.
James 1:12 Crown of Life.

How is that any different than the scripture I posted?

dberrie2020 said: There is only one crown of life:

BTW.....you do know there are two seperate resurrections?

How is that any different than the testimony of the scripture I posted?

dberrie2020 said: And that "life" come to them which meet the conditions put forth here:

Both of those resurrections are from judgments according to works.

I think you ought to go reread 1 Cor 3 again.

Revelation 21:7---King James Version
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Where is the loss there?

The LDS believe all men will be saved unto something, because of the Resurrection and Atonement, but those who inherit eternal life won't suffer loss. Those who are saved unto a lesser glory might, but not those who inherit eternal life.

Revelation 21:7---King James Version
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Where is the loss there?

The LDS believe all men will be saved unto something, because of the Resurrection and Atonement, but those who inherit eternal life won't suffer loss. Those who are saved unto a lesser glory might, but not those who inherit eternal life.
I asked you to re-read 1 Cor 3 again as a portion of it says.... 15 If it is burned up, he will suffer loss. He himself will be saved,

He will have eternal life as he is saved. As to suffering loss....I already pointed out some crowns that they will not receive which will part of what is lost.

Back