Joseph Smith hallucinating

The Prophet

In a conference of the Church on 3 June 1831, the Prophet Joseph Smith taught concerning John’s ministry: “John the Revelator was then among the Ten Tribes of Israel who had been led away by Shalmaneser, king of Assyria, to prepare them for their return from their long dispersion” (History of the Church, 1:176).

Sorry John the Beloved didn't live during Shalmaneser, king of Assyria

Shalmaneser V was king of Assyria from 727 to 722 BC. He first appears as governor of Zimirra in Phoenicia in the reign of his father, Tiglath-Pileser III.

:):):)

A great mission was given unto John because of his desire, and he is even now laboring as "a flaming fire and a ministering angel, for those who are heirs of salvation." In the tenth chapter of Revelation we read that John was given a little book by the angel and commanded to eat it up, which he did and he said, "it was in my mouth sweet as honey; and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter." And the angel said by way of interpretation of this act: "Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings." When this mission was given, John was an old man far beyond the allotted years of three score and ten. In answer to a question as to the meaning of this vision of the book, the Prophet Joseph Smith said: it was a mission and an ordinance for John to gather the tribes of Israel. (D. & C. 77:14.) At a conference of the Church, held June, 1831, Joseph Smith said: "that John the Revelator was then among the ten tribes of Israel who had been led away by Shalmaneser, king of Assyria, to prepare them for their return from their long dispersion." (Doc. Hist. of the Church, Vol. 1:176. Essentials in Church History, p. 126.)

Last edited:

Fenuay

In a conference of the Church on 3 June 1831, the Prophet Joseph Smith taught concerning John’s ministry: “John the Revelator was then among the Ten Tribes of Israel who had been led away by Shalmaneser, king of Assyria, to prepare them for their return from their long dispersion” (History of the Church, 1:176).

Sorry John the Beloved didn't live during Shalmaneser, king of Assyria

Shalmaneser V was king of Assyria from 727 to 722 BC. He first appears as governor of Zimirra in Phoenicia in the reign of his father, Tiglath-Pileser III.

:):):)

A great mission was given unto John because of his desire, and he is even now laboring as "a flaming fire and a ministering angel, for those who are heirs of salvation." In the tenth chapter of Revelation we read that John was given a little book by the angel and commanded to eat it up, which he did and he said, "it was in my mouth sweet as honey; and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter." And the angel said by way of interpretation of this act: "Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings." When this mission was given, John was an old man far beyond the allotted years of three score and ten. In answer to a question as to the meaning of this vision of the book, the Prophet Joseph Smith said: it was a mission and an ordinance for John to gather the tribes of Israel. (D. & C. 77:14.) At a conference of the Church, held June, 1831, Joseph Smith said: "that John the Revelator was then among the ten tribes of Israel who had been led away by Shalmaneser, king of Assyria, to prepare them for their return from their long dispersion." (Doc. Hist. of the Church, Vol. 1:176. Essentials in Church History, p. 126.)
No he didn't meet him. He was part of one of the ten tribes that had been led away by the first Shalmaneser when he was alive. There are 5 Shalmanesers. And it doesn't say he met him.