Judgment

dberrie2020

Your ignorance of Christianity is showing. He that endures to the end has been saved. He that doesn't isn't a Christian. And a Christian is walking in the light because he has been saved. Verses that describe a Christian are descriptions of Christians. You don't recognize them.

We have eternal life now as well as in eternity.

John 5
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth him that sent me, hath eternal life, and cometh not into judgment, but hath passed out of death into life.

I was wondering--were you thinking that precludes all of mankind being judged according to their works?

John 5:24 is a reference to being judged unto condemnation--not being judged at all:

John 5:24---King James Version
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

"come into judgment" means being condemned.

How can one claim those in John5:24 aren't judged--when the scriptures testify, just 4 verses later:

John 5:28-29---King James Version
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

So--is that a reference to Christians?

Is this?

2 Corinthians 5:10---King James Version (KJV)
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1 Peter 1:16-17---King James Version (KJV)

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Romans 2:5-11----King James Version (KJV)
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Matthew 16:27---King James Version

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

BTW--the verses above reflect LDS theology.

I was wondering--were you thinking that precludes all of mankind being judged according to their works?

John 5:24 is a reference to being judged unto condemnation--not being judged at all:

John 5:24---King James Version
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

"come into judgment" means being condemned.

How can one claim those in John5:24 aren't judged--when the scriptures testify, just 4 verses later:

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

So--is that a reference to Christians?

Is this?

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

BTW--the verses above reflect LDS theology.
Notice in Hebrews 11 we have two men on the wall of Faith that Mormons teach one went to hell [King David] and one man who disobeyed God thru out his life

Hebrews 11:37 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

Notice in Hebrews 11 we have two men on the wall of Faith that Mormons teach one went to hell [King David] and one man who disobeyed God thru out his life

Hebrews 11:37 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

What has that to do with my question, IE--"I was wondering--were you thinking that precludes all of mankind being judged according to their works?"

It has been shown to you several time there is two judgements.

White throne and Bema seat.

Yet you keep asking the same question over and over again.

Here's a hint for you....If you think your works saves you...when you wake up dead, you'll find out you were not good enough.
You'll be shown you didn't really trust this Jesus you claim to believe in.

You've been warned time and time again...and you keep rejecting the truth.

The judgment involves all men:

So--how does that not include all men?

I'm failing to see your point.

dberrie2020 said: The judgment involves all men:

I'm failing to see your point.

The point is--if all men are judged according to their works--and that for life or damnation--then who is left to judge?

Who are you arguing against?

dberrie2020 said: The judgment involves all men:

The point is--if all men are judged according to their works--and that for life or damnation--then who is left to judge?
Let me say it again...THERE ARE TWO JUDGEMENTS. The White Throne and the Bema seat.

Please learn what the Bema Seat..aka Judgement seat of Christ is, then post your reply.

Until you understand what the Bema Seat is..we can't move on.

Let me say it again...THERE ARE TWO JUDGEMENTS. The White Throne and the Bema seat.

Please learn what the Bema Seat..aka Judgement seat of Christ is, then post your reply.

Until you understand what the Bema Seat is..we can't move on.

And until we realize your claim is mitigated in the testimony of Jesus Christ's witness that all men will be judged according to their works--and that for life or damnation--then one won't be able to conclude your point is moot:

And until we realize your claim is mitigated in the testimony of Jesus Christ's witness that all men will be judged according to their works--and that for life or damnation--then one won't be able to conclude your point is moot:

Why are you being so ignorant? What is the Bema seat? Do you know?

Why are you being so ignorant? What is the Bema seat? Do you know?

I know--regardless of what you believe the Bema seat might be--the testimony of Jesus, found in John5:28-29 ---is a witness that all men will be judged according to works--and that for life or damnation:

If that is true--then all of the claims about Bema seat won't change that--nor will it deliver the theology pawned here by the critics-- out of bondage.

Do you not know where to find the account of the Bema seat?

There are a number of different accounts of the bema seat found in the Biblical NT. Which one are you referring to?

As for me--anything to do with the final judgment is a reference to the bema seat:

John 5:28-29----King James Version (KJV)
29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

There are a number of different accounts of the bema seat found in the Biblical NT. Which one are you referring to?

As for me--anything to do with the final judgment is a reference to the bema seat:
Then why did you not include the White Throne in your list?

Keep in mind those at the bema seat were saved. The white throne, where mormons will go are not saved.

Then why did you not include the White Throne in your list?

Keep in mind those at the bema seat were saved. The white throne, where mormons will go are not saved.

Why repeat a judgment of all men according to works? Wasn't the numerous cites above--good enough?

This testimony tells the story well:

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Why repeat a judgment of all men according to works? Wasn't the numerous cites above--good enough?

This testimony tells the story well:

I feel sorry for you dberrie2020....Your works arn't good enough, righteous enough and you'll be going to hell.

As for me, I put my trust in the works of Christ Jesus. The real Christ Jesus.

Back