Judgment

I feel sorry for you dberrie2020....Your works arn't good enough, righteous enough and you'll be going to hell.

I guess I will have to apologize to you, Crow--I didn't realize God had endowed you with the power to make final final judgments over mankind. How does it feel to have that kind of power?

I guess I will have to apologize to you, Crow--I didn't realize God had endowed you with the power to make final final judgments over mankind. How does it feel to have that kind of power?
It's not me making that "judgement". Works won't save you. How do I know? I read the bible.

Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

So dberrie2020.....your works won't save you. I'm not judging you...the bible is.

I was wondering--were you thinking that precludes all of mankind being judged according to their works?

John 5:24 is a reference to being judged unto condemnation--not being judged at all:

John 5:24---King James Version
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

"come into judgment" means being condemned.

How can one claim those in John5:24 aren't judged--when the scriptures testify, just 4 verses later:

John 5:28-29---King James Version
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

So--is that a reference to Christians?

Is this?

2 Corinthians 5:10---King James Version (KJV)
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1 Peter 1:16-17---King James Version (KJV)

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Romans 2:5-11----King James Version (KJV)
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Matthew 16:27---King James Version

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

BTW--the verses above reflect LDS theology.

Anyone care to engage this?

Anyone care to engage this?

Not really, since YOU refuse to "engage" any of the passages which contradict Mormonism, nor do you engage the CONTEXT of your own proof-texts.

Isn't it great for Mormons that the Bible is SOOOOO big that they can pick the verses they like, and throw the rest in the trash?

It's like a kidnapper ravishing a newspaper and selecting out bits and pieces to create his own ransom message, and throwing the rest of the paper away.

Isn't it great for Mormons that the Bible is SOOOOO big that they can pick the verses they like, ....

Which seems to add up to a big problem for the critics here.

Theo--don't get me wrong--I think you are smart to not engage those scriptures--they aren't friendly to the critics here, IMO.

Which seems to add up to a big problem for the critics here.

Theo--don't get me wrong--I think you are smart to not engage those scriptures--they aren't friendly to the critics here, IMO.

You are very confused...
I understand what you're doing, dberrie... You're trying to posture, and put yourself in a good light and me in a bad light, in case people don't actually read the threads.

But YOU are the one "not engaging the Scriptures", not me.
YOU keep running away from all the "only one god" passages.
YOU keep running away from all the "saved by faith, not by works" passages.
YOU keep running away from all the "marriage ends at death" passages.
YOU keep running away from all the "monogamy" passages.
YOU keep running away from all the "paid ministry" passages.
YOU keep running away from all the "elders need to be married and wise, not immature teenagers" passages.

I've addressed your passgas COUNTLESS times, and have even CREATED THREADS dedicated to your proof-texting. You simply bring up the same refuted proof-texts a million times, so if I don't waste my time repeating myself refuting them every single time, then you get to falsely claim I'm "running away".

You are very confused...
I understand what you're doing, dberrie... You're trying to posture, and put yourself in a good light and me in a bad light, in case people don't actually read the threads.

But YOU are the one "not engaging the Scriptures", not me.
YOU keep running away from all the "only one god" passages.
YOU keep running away from all the "saved by faith, not by works" passages.
YOU keep running away from all the "marriage ends at death" passages.
YOU keep running away from all the "monogamy" passages.
YOU keep running away from all the "paid ministry" passages.
YOU keep running away from all the "elders need to be married and wise, not immature teenagers" passages.

I've addressed your passgas COUNTLESS times, and have even CREATED THREADS dedicated to your proof-texting. You simply bring up the same refuted proof-texts a million times, so if I don't waste my time repeating myself refuting them every single time, then you get to falsely claim I'm "running away".

I really enjoy reading your posts, Theo. It's kind of a comic relief for me.

First--you accuse me of "running away" numerous times--and then cower at the possibility I might do the same. Funny.

Nope. Not going to happen. I have never accused you of any such thing, that I am aware of.

I would like you to address the Biblical quotes, though:

John 5:28-29---King James Version
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

2 Corinthians 5:10---King James Version (KJV)
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1 Peter 1:16-17---King James Version (KJV)

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Romans 2:5-11----King James Version (KJV)
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Matthew 16:27---King James Version

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

That's what one will find being taught in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It's doctrine for them, because it's part of their canonized scriptures.

Back