Just a reminder of how barbaric the insurrection on Jan 6th really was.

Towerwatchman

First of all, I'm assuming what you wrote is the answer to my first question. Let me know if that's not correct.

No one could claim that anything was hidden if Giuliani merely posted his evidence up to his web site, either. If he posts the evidence that is sufficient to make the case that the election was stolen, then it's done, and he has the ability to do that, nothing is stopping him.
Trying the case in a televised open forum is non negotiable

vibise

What is the advantage to having an open televised forum over Giuliani merely presenting all his evidence by himself?

And why does Giuliani have to wait for an open forum before he presents all his evidence?
Judges have asked him to present his evidence for election fraud, and he declined.

I doubt he would be willing to present anything of this sort under oath.

Gus Bovona

You and I aren't negotiating, we're talking about your statement here:
Allow Giuliani to try the case in an open forum televised so the whole nation can see the evidence and how it is debated. Similar to OJ's trail.
in response to which I made the point that nothing is stopping Giuliani from presenting all his evidence right now, so there's nothing to be allowed or disallowed. Giuliani needs no one's permission to present all his evidence. He can get video cameras and present his evidence and post it up to his own web site.

And yet he hasn't (to my knowledge).

Towerwatchman

What's hilarious in your comment is that DuckDuckGo is a search engine that specifically **doesn't** take the users' history into account when presenting results, it's as neutral as it can be, so there's no chance of getting lefty bias in your search results. Or righty bias, for that matter. From DuckDuckGo's info pages:
This is your typical MO. Keep poking away till you find a hole to exploit, pretending you actually give a shit. Amazing how you assumed the above.

vibise

What sort of "trial" do you envision?
Who would be the judge?
Would there be a jury?
What sort of evidence would be admissible?
Could anyone and everyone be called as a witness, including Trump?
Would there be penalties for failing to appear or for perjury?
Who would argue the other side?

Or do you just envision a platform for Rudy to spew his opinions with no requirement for verifiable supporting evidence?

Gus Bovona

This is your typical MO. Keep poking away till you find a hole to exploit, pretending you actually give a shit. Amazing how you assumed the above.
I'll retract anything if you can show me what I misinterpreted and what you meant. I'm just reading what you write and parsing it as best I can. I'm not a mind-reader. Please correct me and I'll retract my mistakes. I'm sure you would do the same if you were in a similar position.

Towerwatchman

I was responding to your claim that CARM posters have been persuaded by evidence, by citing two examples in which the actual evidence is all on one side, but CARM posters maintained their position.
The posters will never change thier positions. If Jesus came down and slapped athiests in the face they will still deny the existence of God.
When I debate on this forum my objective is not my opponent but the thousands of readers.
The objective is not Guluani or his opponent but the millions that will be watching.

BlessedAnomaly

Didn't you see all those barbarians storming the Capitol police barricades? Why weren't the Capitol Hill police armed with automatic weaponry? They need to be protected sufficiently to handle these barbarians.
No. I saw the police pulling the barricades back to allow peaceful protesters to come forward. The police are not running. They are not being attacked here. They are allowing the protesters to enter.

Backup

The posters will never change thier positions. If Jesus came down and slapped athiests in the face they will still deny the existence of God.
When I debate on this forum my objective is not my opponent but the thousands of readers.
The objective is not Guluani or his opponent but the millions that will be watching.
no

the reality is the arguments for Christianity are pretty lame

Towerwatchman

You and I aren't negotiating, we're talking about your statement here:

in response to which I made the point that nothing is stopping Giuliani from presenting all his evidence right now, so there's nothing to be allowed or disallowed. Giuliani needs no one's permission to present all his evidence. He can get video cameras and present his evidence and post it up to his own web site.

And yet he hasn't (to my knowledge).
Stop dancing around the topic. It is not presenting evidence on any forum , but trying a case in a televised open forum, a court of law.

Towerwatchman

POTUS has no real control over gas prices, as shown under Trump.
Inflation is not up significantly.
Deficit went out of control under Trump and previous GOP administrations.
Racial tensions become high when a black POTUS is maligned, and when police mistreatment of blacks is not acknowledged by the RW.
Who says there is no southern border.
International foes were really unhappy when Biden won.
Red States that cut unemployment benefits did not see any real increase in employment.
Yes, vaccine development was sped up due to Trump, but the GOP does not advocate for vaccination without caveats.
Gas is up $1+. Supply and demand dictates the price on an open market. It cost approx 5.50 to pump a barrel through the pipeline. Now it cost approx 13.00 to move the same barrel by rail. Shutting down the pipeline did not stop the flow of oil, but raised the price of oil. Runing the oil by rail raised the carbon footprint by 300%. What good did it serve to shut down the pipeline? OH oil futures shot up.

Potus contributed to the increase of the price of oil.

Towerwatchman

So you think all those peaceful grannies upset about kids with cap guns getting shot by cops had pipe bombs in their purses?

I said I didn’t support AntiFa, or the destruction of property. I’ve also said that most of the people that went to Trump’s whine fest on Jan. 6th weren’t involved in the insurrection.

Right-wingers are so disingenuous.
Have yet to come across a peaceful BLM protestor.

Towerwatchman

It is easy to find the county-level vaccination totals.

So, you say that Harris and Biden disparaged the vaccine as the "Trump vaccine", but Dems are getting vaccinated at high levels, while it is the RW conservatives who are refusing to get vaccinated. Are you saying that RW conservatives are listening to what you claim Biden and Harris said?

I do not get your argument. Why are RW conservatives not getting vaccinated? Who are they listening to?
This country was founded on freedom not on safety. If right-wingers are refusing to be vaccinated because that's their choice, that's fine with me. If they're choosing not to be vaccinated because they are politicizing it, that's wrong.. As to Biden and Harris gaslighting and politicizing the vaccine we can see the results with the Hispanic and black population. fully vaccinated at 14 and 9% respectfully. They're Democrats. Why do they not have faith in their Democratic president?
Why would someone have faith in a president Who during the election what's gaslighting and politicizing the vaccine negatively , and now is saying it's safe to take?

Gondwanaland

I know you're determined to bring in red herrings, but I'm not interested. January 6th was an insurrection and I'm not interested in discussing anything else.
Again, If Jan 6th was an insurrection, the last year of BLM/Antifa was not just an insurrection but a nation-wide rebellion, complete with secession attempts. You don't get to have it both ways.