Just one-third of U.S. Catholics agree with their church that Eucharist is body, blood of Christ

balshan

yes, we had another case of it in the local area this past year. the priest was arrested. I don't know much more about it, but then I seldom watch the news these days.

that is not the only way priests destroy lives, they continue to lie to the people and teach against God's word. They're destroying more than lives here on earth, but also for eternity.
It will continue if people do not stand up and remove the cancer.

mica

It will continue if people do not stand up and remove the cancer.
the RCC won't do anything about it until their blind followers rise up against it. i don't see them doing that. too many of the higher ups are involved in it.

they have lost 100s of thousands of followers from the previous well publicized scandals regarding it.

balshan

the RCC won't do anything about it until their blind followers rise up against it. i don't see them doing that. too many of the higher ups are involved in it.

they have lost 100s of thousands of followers from the previous well publicized scandals regarding it.
It turns people away from Jesus as they see it as the world's largest Christian group and that Jesus must condone the evil. It is a shame.

RayneBeau

Yes, this I know, and this I believe.

You know, you are as bad as the fundamentalists. They have a knack for missing the point of a post and zeroing in on some detail and then derailing the thread and making it about that irrelevant detail.

The POINT that I was making was that Baptism saves, that is, the Sacrament of Baptism because Christ has willed it so; Christ is the one working in and through the Sacrament.

The reason I felt I needed to make that point was to refute the fundamentalist notion of superstition and magic water and the idea that we get together, wave a wand, splash some water, say the magic words and viola---the person is saved. Fundamentalists seem to think that Catholics believe that Sacraments are works of magic.; you know-stuff they teach at Hogwarts?

Yeah, no kidding!

Yeah, thanks Einstein!

Evil Vatican II fake Catholic Church theology, fake pope theology and stuff. You know--Catholic theology? The stuff you rejected when you became a Protestant?
Given that the Roman Catholic Church believes that they are the only instrument of sanctifying grace, Pius IX could declare: "By faith it is to be firmly held that outside the Apostolic Roman Church none can achieve salvation. This is the only ark of salvation. He who does not enter into it, will perish in the flood." Strangely, Roman Catholic theologians are quick to add that in rare cases persons might be saved by merely desiring baptism or desiring membership in the Roman Catholic Church.

Hence, falsely believing that they are the "only ark of salvation" the RCC proclaims that it is the instrument which distributes the sanctifying grace of God through seven sacraments.

romishpopishorganist

Given that the Roman Catholic Church believes that they are the only instrument of sanctifying grace, Pius IX could declare: "By faith it is to be firmly held that outside the Apostolic Roman Church none can achieve salvation. This is the only ark of salvation. He who does not enter into it, will perish in the flood." Strangely, Roman Catholic theologians are quick to add that in rare cases persons might be saved by merely desiring baptism or desiring membership in the Roman Catholic Church.

Hence, falsely believing that they are the "only ark of salvation" the RCC proclaims that it is the instrument which distributes the sanctifying grace of God through seven sacraments.
And he is correct.

Protestants are not outside the Church because Protestant baptisms are valid.

Protestants are members of the Church; they are just not perfectly configured and united to the Church.

The Church is the only ark of salvation. The Church, however does exist, albeit imperfectly outside of the visible boundaries of Roman Catholicism. There is only one Church.

romishpopishorganist

Still waiting for a Catholic to explain what happens why the host isn't subject to the natural laws of digestion and excretion once it's eaten.
Catholics do not "eat God" they "receive God."

God enters into the person when they receive Holy Communion. When the visible properties of bread and wine (the accidents) are broken down and consumed by the body, God's presence in communion departs whole and entire.

In other words: we do not eat God. God cannot be eaten. We receive God but do not consume God.

Nondenom40

God enters into the person when they receive Holy Communion. When the visible properties of bread and wine (the accidents) are broken down and consumed by the body, God's presence in communion departs whole and entire.

In other words: we do not eat God. God cannot be eaten. We receive God but do not consume God.
Hmm, yet we are never told that God jumps in and out of us willy nilly as in your communion. Why doesn't his presence remain? Once we are born again He lives in us never to leave us. And yes, if you put something in your mouth and use your teeth to grind it up then swallow it, its eating. Catholics sacrifice god then eat god. Its paganism to the core. Renaming it 'receiving' is just your spin to conceal what youre really doing.

LifeIn

What is presented above is an imperfect understanding of what "No salvation outside the Church" means. Here is a fuller explanation:

Catholic Answers.

As for the topic issue of how many Catholics believe the core teachings, it is well to remember that in many cultures, especially those of European descent, there is a certain cultural pride in claiming the religion of their ancestors. This causes many Americans who don't really believe in the teachings themselves to continue to describe themselves as "Catholics", hence the low numbers of those that do in the Pew statistics. This says more about the positive reputation of the name "Catholic" than it does about what Catholics believe. This is very different from the first three centuries under Roman rule in which the name "Christian" was a name of shame among the wider population. If Pew had done a survey of those Christians, there would be very few who would willingly associate themselves with this shameful (as seen by the world) religion unless they really did believe in that religion with all their heart. We see examples of such people in the many martyrs who answered the "poll question" in the affirmative, knowing that such an answer would cost them their lives. If people today were faced with a situation where claiming you were a Catholic was a death sentence, I think you would see 100% agreement with Church teaching among those whose self-identified as Catholics.

Last edited:

Mysterium Fidei

And he is correct.

Protestants are not outside the Church because Protestant baptisms are valid.
Questionable, at best. This is why Protestants converts used to receive a conditional baptism after their abjuration of error.
Protestants are members of the Church; they are just not perfectly configured and united to the Church.

The Church is the only ark of salvation. The Church, however does exist, albeit imperfectly outside of the visible boundaries of Roman Catholicism. There is only one Church.
This is heresy, as I have proven in another thread. Non-Catholics are NOT members of Church and non-Catholic sects are NOT part of the Catholic Church.

This is the novel, heretical new ecclesiology of the Conciliar Church, created at Vatican II. This heresy has been condemned numerous times in the history of the Church by multiple popes.

It is impossible to be a "partial" Catholic, or for a non-Catholic sect to be in "partial communion" with the Catholic Church.

balshan

More RCC bunkum. They receive God and do not eat God. LOL

balshan

Questionable, at best. This is why Protestants converts used to receive a conditional baptism after their abjuration of error.

This is heresy, as I have proven in another thread. Non-Catholics are NOT members of Church and non-Catholic sects are NOT part of the Catholic Church.

This is the novel, heretical new ecclesiology of the Conciliar Church, created at Vatican II. This heresy has been condemned numerous times in the history of the Church by multiple popes.

It is impossible to be a "partial" Catholic, or for a non-Catholic sect to be in "partial communion" with the Catholic Church.
No your sect is not part of the Real church. The RCC is the false church led by wolves.

Mike McK

Right. "God", who you believe the priest has turned into a cracker.
God enters into the person when they receive Holy Communion.
[/QUOTE]
How?
When the visible properties of bread and wine (the accidents) are broken down and consumed by the body, God's presence in communion departs whole and entire.
So then, God only stays in you for a couple of hours? That's weird. We Christians believe God indwells us forever.
1. You believe God is turned into a cracker.
2. You eat the cracker.
3. Therefore, by eating the cracker, which you believe to be God, you eat God.

You fail to explain why God is not then subject to the natural laws of digestion and excretion once He is eaten.

romishpopishorganist

Yes, I know. Vatican II is evil, Vatican II is Satanic, Vatican II caused every evil in the Church and every evil known to mankind.

Sir, these boards are not to debate conspiracy theorists, they are to debate Protestants. On these boards, I am not the enemy. Whatever disagreements you and I have on Catholic doctrine and theology, we BOTH agree that Protestantism is wrong.

Transubstantiation – the idea that during Mass, the bread and wine used for Communion become the body and blood of Jesus Christ – is central to the Catholic faith. Indeed, the Catholic Church teaches that “the Eucharist is ‘the source and summit of the Christian life.’”

But a new Pew Research Center survey finds that most self-described Catholics don’t believe this core teaching. In fact, nearly seven-in-ten Catholics (69%) say they personally believe that during Catholic Mass, the bread and wine used in Communion “are symbols of the body and blood of Jesus Christ.” Just one-third of U.S. Catholics (31%) say they believe that “during Catholic Mass, the bread and wine actually become the body and blood of Jesus.”

------------------------------------

There is hope. Most Catholics see through this false teaching........

I think this poll may just show that a majority of Roman Catholic Rank and File just aren't that informed about their own faith's teachings. Around here, RC's have shown lack of knowledge about Catholicism many times.

balshan

I think this poll may just show that a majority of Roman Catholic Rank and File just aren't that informed about their own faith's teachings. Around here, RC's have shown lack of knowledge about Catholicism many times.
Well that shows the poor quality of their leaders, teahers and their leaders/teachers lack of knowledge.

romishpopishorganist

You may be right that the average Roman Catholic either does not know their Faith or does not care about their Faith.

However, the average Protestant is just as ill-informed. Do you know how many church going "Bible believing" Protestants I have met--that cannot tell me why there are Roman Catholics? Do you know how many church going "Bible believing Protestants" I have met who do not know what Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide are?

I once corresponded with a Protestant pastor, a Lutheran ELCA. He posed the question "Why should I become Catholic? And don't tell me 50 reasons why Sola Scriptura is not scriptural." I was taken back by that statement. You see---the pastor's religion was founded upon that. If he did not care that Sola Scriptura isn't scriptural, I saw no reason for him to become Catholic in the first place!

As for "RCC's" showing a "lack of knowledge about Catholicism" who are you or any other poster on this site to tell us anything about what our Church teaches?