Just punishment for sin.

Eightcrackers

FWIW, it's always seemed to me that it would be pretty simple to provide a blind person with proof beyond reasonable doubt that colors exist. Give him two pencils, one which writes in red and is labeled "red" in Braille, the other which writes in blue and is labeled "blue," and some blank sheets of paper. The blind person is asked to choose one pencil (he can cover up the Braille labels so others can't tell which one he's using) and draw a simple shape like a triangle with it. When he shows the triangle written with the red pencil, the sighted person always says "that's red," and when he shows the one written with the blue pencil, the sighted person always says "that's blue." How is this possible, unless there is some quality of the writing, aside from its shape, which sighted people call "color"?
I agree completely - it is possible, so it was a bad analogy. A better one would be, if one were transported a thousand years back in time and declared the existence of, say, neutrons to the people of the day, with absolutely no means of demonstrating them.

Said people would be justified in rejecting neutrons even though we know now that they exist.

Komodo

I agree completely - it is possible, so it was a bad analogy. A better one would be, if one were transported a thousand years back in time and declared the existence of, say, neutrons to the people of the day, with absolutely no means of demonstrating them.

Said people would be justified in rejecting neutrons even though we know now that they exist.
Sure. When people say "but it's true! how can you deliberately choose to reject the truth?" before they've gotten around to establishing that "it" was true, or even giving a decent approximation of a strong suggestion of the possibility that it was true, and then absolutely refuse to listen when you explain that you can't just incorporate and act on their certainty... I don't know whether it's some kind of mental block, like a failure to gain a theory of mind, or if they're just trolling.

bigthinker

A poster had commented on another OP

Post in thread 'Good News for Non-Christians' https://forums.carm.org/threads/good-news-for-non-christians.3941/post-259551

Among others.

According to Revelation 21:8 the following people will be handed their hat, and shown the door to the lake of fire, where they will spend their eternity. 20 octillion millennia.... not even a picosecond of eternity. After 500 octillion millennia, you haven't even started eternity. Literally a never ending existence of misery.

Rev 21:8 WEB But for the cowardly, unbelieving, sinners, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their part is in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Essentially, everyone who told God where he could go, and responded with a no to his invitation to come spend their eternity with him.

This is a very simple concept.
People who refuse to worship God want nothing to do with him.
As eternity with God will be a life where we actually want to be with God, and live a lifestyle that honors him, I find myself wondering what you think is taking place.

You clearly resent the idea that your choices will one day be judged by God.

What you appear to trip over constantly is that God has explicitly stated that he is ready, able and willing to wipe out the record of your sin against him.
Literally, wipe the slate clean.
Just come to Jesus, and follow him and as it's written in psalm 103, your sin will be cast as far as the east is from the west.

You'll be welcomed by God with open arms, adopted as a child, and made new, on the inside, where it actually matters, and he'll make sure that you make it to eternity with him.

So.... yes, you will be judged by God for telling him no thanks.
What you fail to grasp is that to welcome you to spend your eternity with him, when you want nothing to do with him would be even worse than you spending your eternity in the lake of fire.

Why?

God's nature is so pure, that we read in Revelation 20, when the great white throne judgment is set, and everyone who refused to place their trust in Jesus comes before God,

Rev 20:11 WEB I saw a great white throne, and him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. There was found no place for them.

Sin cannot enter the presence of God. It's worse than a burning branding iron on the flesh. A searing, unquenchable agony that results in a need to flee from him as quickly as possible and then some! And there's no escape from this.

This is exactly why Jesus came. To pay the penalty for all sin. Except the sin of unbelief. That's unforgivable.

Thus, if you tell God no, he'll honor your request and let you go into eternity separated from him.

Not because he wants to torture you. But because you don't want to know him.

He's got eternity all planned out, and will spend eternity showing the greatness of his love, grace, and magnificence to us.

So, you have to ask yourself this question....

Is winning an argument with God really worth sending yourself to the lake of fire for eternity?

He's given us everything we need to know him and live a life that honors him.

You choose.

There are no excuses. What do you actually want for yourself?
None of this is relevant without evidence that God exists outside of your imagination.