Just punishment for sin.

SteveB

That's nice. I'm supposed to care what Deuteronomy 32:17 says? Tell Deuteronomy 32:17 to post evidence.

Alas, I didnt ask if there was a difference between YHVH and the gods of men. Read the actual words I posted.

Nope. Try again. I've never heard any lies of demons, regarding anything. And you already know this.
So why make such an obvious false claim?
You are the evidence.

Mr Laurier

Demons lie to those whom they seek to deceive.
Your rejection of Jesus is evidence that they're lying to you.
And?
Not even close. My rejection of Jesus is a fantasy you made up to avoid dealing with reality. No need for any demons to lie to me. No demon has ever lied to me.
So again, how am I evidence that any gods are demons?

SteveB

Not interested in your preaching.
Of course not.
Ironically you're on a Christian forum which is dedicated to preaching the cross of Jesus, repentance and faith in Jesus.

So, I disagree. If what you said was actually true, you wouldn't be on this forum.

Nouveau

Of course not.
Ironically you're on a Christian forum which is dedicated to preaching the cross of Jesus, repentance and faith in Jesus.

So, I disagree. If what you said was actually true, you wouldn't be on this forum.
This forum is for discussion, not preaching. We're here for discussion.

Algor

This forum is for discussion, not preaching. We're here for discussion.
Even if we were here for preaching, one would still have to establish that we were here for SteveB’s preaching in particular.

Seems unlikely, so.....

Electric Skeptic

Of course not.
This sub-forum is not dedicated to anything about preaching, and if you truly wanted to actually communicate with atheists, you wouldn't do it.
Then you're wrong again.

SteveB

This sub-forum is not dedicated to anything about preaching, and if you truly wanted to actually communicate with atheists, you wouldn't do it.
🤣🤣🤣🤦🏾‍♂️
Uh-huh. Ok....
I've yet to see anything that would actually bear out this opinion.

Biblical christianity is not, nor has it ever been a philosophical construct which is debated.
YHVH explicitly stated:

1Co 1:21 WEB For seeing that in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom didn’t know God, it was God’s good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save those who believe.

You're not going to know YHVH is real and knowable any other way than through Jesus Christ.

Then you're wrong again.
And yet you're not actually able to demonstrate that.

SteveB

Of course it is.

I don't have to. You're inventing things - it's you who need to demonstrate them.
Well then, since you lack any evidence, I'd say that you have nothing but your opinions.

As I recall, one poster said something about getting a cup of coffee for a buck fifty. So, your opinions and a buck fifty will get me a cup of joe down the street.

Electric Skeptic

YHVH has fact. Considering that he's the one who created everything, sees our thoughts and imaginations, and intentions, knows exactly what our motives are, his is not JUST an opinion.
Considering that y ou can't even demonstrate that he exists, we are still on your opinion.
So, I'll stick with His facts.
Just as soon as you can demonstrate he exists, you'll have something more than opinion.
As stated, I'll stick with his facts.
Thanks for sharing your opinion.

SteveB

Considering that y ou can't even demonstrate that he exists, we are still on your opinion.
Considering that he's demonstrated himself as real by sustaining the existence of the Jewish/Hebrew community for 3500 years, and brought them back into their ancestral lands after an 1837 year exile, when it's clear that there are 1.3 billion muslims who seek to destroy them, and have repeatedly failed. As well as every single civilization that has tried to destroy them has been destroyed and no longer exists....

Just as soon as you can demonstrate he exists, you'll have something more than opinion.
So, your problem here then is that you want someone else to give you an argument, using words to tell you that YHVH exists, so you can know without ever actually acting on those words, so you can ignore learning for yourself, through experience with him?

Ironically, dozens of Jesus followers have been doing this with you since you showed up on this forum.

MarkUK said a long time ago that he didn't actually want to meet YHVH or make his acquaintance, personally. He just wanted to know if God was real.

So... if that's all you want, then we who follow Jesus can tell you, based on personal experience, YHVH is real and knowable.

If you ever want to make his acquaintance, prior to your death, call on the name of Jesus.

If you don't actually want to know him, then do nothing.
Just keep moseying on your merry way, and when you die, you'll learn how deeply you screwed yourself.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.
No problem.

Electric Skeptic

Considering that he's demonstrated himself as real by sustaining the existence of the Jewish/Hebrew community for 3500 years, and brought them back into their ancestral lands after an 1837 year exile, when it's clear that there are 1.3 billion muslims who seek to destroy them, and have repeatedly failed. As well as every single civilization that has tried to destroy them has been destroyed and no longer exists....
None of which demonstrates the reality of any god.

So, your problem here then is that you want someone else to give you an argument, using words to tell you that YHVH exists, so you can know without ever actually acting on those words, so you can ignore learning for yourself, through experience with him?
....and back to Steve inventing things. Can't say I'm surprised.

If you ever want to make his acquaintance, prior to your death, call on the name of Jesus.
Done it. Many, many times. Got nothing.

If you don't actually want to know him, then do nothing.
Just keep moseying on your merry way, and when you die, you'll learn how deeply you screwed yourself.
Threats will never convince any atheist.

Until you accept that a person can be as intelligent as you, as earnest as you, as genuine as you, as eager to find the truth as you, as open-minded as you and learn all they can about God, Jesus, Christianity and all related topics and still come to a different conclusion to you regarding God's existence, you will never actually communicate with an atheist.

SteveB

None of which demonstrates the reality of any god.
It's not supposed to demonstrate the reality of ANY god.
It's only evidence of YHVH. It's an historical fact. It doesn't require your agreement, permission, assent, etc.....
It simply is.
It's quite alright if you're not interested in believing what is true. The choice is entirely yours.

....and back to Steve inventing things. Can't say I'm surprised.
Nor am I surprised by your whining.
My question is
Are you ever going to grow up and become an adult or is childish whining going to remain your default fallback position?

Done it. Many, many times. Got nothing.
Then you never did it the way the bible describes it.

I have a novel thought for you.

It's said that Edison tried 1000 different ways to come up with a working incandescent light bulb.
He failed every single time, except for the last time.
When asked why he didn't give up, he responded--
I learned 1000 ways how NOT to make a lightbulb.

Since the people described in the bible have had success in meeting YHVH, why don't you just take the time to learn how they succeeded and do what they did.

Because continuing to tell me that you failed, so YHVH can't be real or knowable just tells me that you are a quitter.
The excuses you're giving here won't fly on judgment day.

Threats will never convince any atheist.
That's your problem.
I don't need to convince you. None of us do. All we need to do is to present you with the gospel of Jesus and what you do with it is 100% your own responsibility.
All of us can walk away right now, and according to Ezekiel 33, your blood is on your own shoulers.
When we stand before God and he asks what we did regarding you, we can answer with a clear conscience that we told you about Jesus and he will know.

So, I'm good here!

Until you accept that a person can be as intelligent as you, as earnest as you, as genuine as you, as eager to find the truth as you, as open-minded as you and learn all they can about God, Jesus, Christianity and all related topics and still come to a different conclusion to you regarding God's existence, you will never actually communicate with an atheist.
I never said anything about your intelligence.
I'm sure you actually have a much higher IQ than I do.
The gospel isn't about IQ.
It's about ego.

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. It could be as simple as just never hearing.

Stupidity could very well be extensive knowledge and refusal to do anything with the knowledge you possess.

The foolish people described in the bible are stupid because they rejected the truth.

They preferred deliberate and willful ignorance.

So...

If you actually want to be stupid, that's your choice.

Just say so and we'll put you on ignore and never engage you again.

So, I will again ask you...

Do you actually want to know God and make their acquaintance, or just have someone tell you words that you'll never actually follow through with?

Don't whine, just answer the question.

Thank you.