Just the Wine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you cleared that up for me. Thank you. Jesus lied when he said bread/body, wine/blood. I got it.
You initially asked: "How do you derive from that that His body and blood is in the bread and the wine?" (post #47) and I cited 1 Corinthians as to how this can be done. Does Jesus indicate this in the institution narratives? No; or at least, not evidently. However, Paul does. As with all these tensions in scripture, you attempt to harmonise them as best you can.

You initially asked: "How do you derive from that that His body and blood is in the bread and the wine?" (post #47) and I cited 1 Corinthians as to how this can be done. Does Jesus indicate this in the institution narratives? No; or at least, not evidently. However, Paul does. As with all these tensions in scripture, you attempt to harmonise them as best you can.
I will go with what Jesus said. You are assuming Paul was saying something other than what Jesus said. That is harmony for ya!

This is my body ^^^
Yep and did the apostles jump up and bite into Him, no they knew He was being symbolic. Did they cut Him and drain His blood to drink. No it was symbolic.

Just the same way the door is symbolic.

John 10:9

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Yep and did the apostles jump up and bite into Him, no they knew He was being symbolic. Did they cut Him and drain His blood to drink. No it was symbolic.

Just the same way the door is symbolic.

John 10:9

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
and many disciples left Christ because He was the door.... sure balshan, sure ?

You make a joke out of what is a serious matter and show how RCs are so far from God.
once again you have no idea what is being stated.... disciples left Christ in Jn 6 but nobody left over the 'hard saying' of 'I am the door', etc.

once again you have no idea what is being stated.... disciples left Christ in Jn 6 but nobody left over the 'hard saying' of 'I am the door', etc.
hmm... was it against Jewish law to open a door and walk thru it? walking thru a door (opening it first) was an every day thing to do. eating the flesh and blood of another human wasn't.

hmm... was it against Jewish law to open a door and walk thru it? walking thru a door (opening it first) was an every day thing to do. eating the flesh and blood of another human wasn't.
excellent response.

so your misunderstanding puts you in with Jn 6:66 [failing to believe] ... also, eating the flesh [but the accidents remain, so no cannibalism]

so your misunderstanding puts you in with Jn 6:66 [failing to believe] ... also, eating the flesh [but the accidents remain, so no cannibalism]
no, those who thought it was literal didn't trust in Him. those who did trust Him stayed with Him - even tho they didn't yet understand what He meant.

no, those who thought it was literal didn't trust in Him. those who did trust Him stayed with Him - even tho they didn't yet understand what He meant.
This nonsensical conclusion is required to maintain your interpretation that Jesus was not speaking literally. It is not independent confirmation of that interpretation. Your "explanation" is just as specious as your interpretation.

I've read it many times - without any catholic influence.

you should do that. read it over and over again - without the influence of your catholic beliefs.
So you admit Christ is Catholic! Well done good and faithful servant :unsure:

Symbolism is just symbolism. Most rituals were created to bring people closer to understanding the Holy Scriptures. Even believers perceive the world through material things and certain actions. Do not forget that thanks to religion, wine has acquired a mysterious and romantic meaning for everyone. Do some even arrange wine-themed parties or meetings like https://bachelorettepartyhelp.com /?qb-b=tips-for-hosting-a-diy-wine-tasting-bachelorette. I like to study ancient texts and history, but I rarely go to church, so I have never analyzed the rituals in detail. I'm not sure it's important to understand things.
Catholics don't necessarily have to understand things. They are told what to do and what to believe and they just do it. This is completely backwards thinking as far as scripture goes. We are told to read, to understand, to be able to teach. It is very important to know what we believe and why we believe it. If we don't know or understand who Jesus is and what He did how would you know there is a need for salvation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back