Just the Wine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayneBeau

Since the Roman Catholic Church teaches that the body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ is fully contained in both their consecrated wine and bread, then why doesn't the RCC just wine alone instead of just wafers alone for Roman Catholic communicants to receive at communion time?

Since the Roman Catholic Church teaches that the body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ is fully contained in both their consecrated wine and bread, then why doesn't the RCC just wine alone instead of just wafers alone for Roman Catholic communicants to receive at communion time?
If the communicant wants to receive under the species of wine, he or she can. I suspect under the form of bread is more common because it's more practical.

What did Jesus teach us?

If the communicant wants to receive under the species of wine, he or she can. I suspect under the form of bread is more common because it's more practical.
Next time you 'line up' to receive communion, and it becomes 'your turn' to collect the wafer in your hand or on your awaiting tongue, tell the RCC priest that you want to receive the wine instead instead of the wafer and let us know how the RCC priest accommodates your request.

Reactions: nan
They do offer the wine.
to the Roman Catholic communicants?

I have been to 100s of Masses: I have never seen that.,

And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you,"

I have never seen a communicant drink the wine:
Have you?

They do offer the wine.
I have never seen any RCC priest offer the wine instead of a wafer to anyone - ever - the RCC priests keep the wine for themselves and as typical alcoholics, they drink every last drop of it, swirling their tongues around the rim in search of any trace of wine that could be left, breathing deeply into the chalice in order to inhale every last fume of wine that might have remained.

Reactions: Mik
to the Roman Catholic communicants?

I have been to 100s of Masses: I have never seen that.,

And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you,"

I have never seen a communicant drink the wine:
Have you?
Wine has always been offered at the CC I attend, at least until the virus pandemic.

I have never seen any RCC priest offer the wine instead of a wafer to anyone - ever - the RCC priests keep the wine for themselves and as typical alcoholics, they drink every last drop of it, swirling their tongues around the rim in search of any trace of wine that could be left, breathing deeply into the chalice in order to inhale every last fume of wine that might have remained.
It has been offered at every Mass at the church that I have attended, up until the pandemic anyway.

me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back