Just to get things started normally -

robycop3

But they didn't go deep enough. In the Old Covenant you could hate someone, you just couldn't murder them.
Right, but we're not under most of the OT law any more, except for worship and behavior toward other people. The parts of the Ten Commandments I referred to atill apply today.
And remember, Jesus said to not be angry at your fellow person WITHOUT CAUSE. He Himself was angry at the merchants in the temple court, and at the acts of the Nicolaitans. if someone tried to harm my family, I'd be quite-angry at that person, or if one tried to invade my home. In each case, I'm not at all above popping some caps.

CharismaticLady

Right, but we're not under most of the OT law any more, except for worship and behavior toward other people. The parts of the Ten Commandments I referred to atill apply today.
And remember, Jesus said to not be angry at your fellow person WITHOUT CAUSE. He Himself was angry at the merchants in the temple court, and at the acts of the Nicolaitans. if someone tried to harm my family, I'd be quite-angry at that person, or if one tried to invade my home. In each case, I'm not at all above popping some caps.

I do look at the Old Testament to see the particulars on what is sin, and what isn't if it is not spelled out under our New Covenant, like remarriage after divorce. Most remarriages today would be forbidden and why I haven't dated anyone or kissed anyone for going on 20 years. For the most part the New Covenant is far deeper and harder for the natural carnal man to keep, whereas a carnal man could still keep 9 out of 10 of the Ten Commandments. Only a Christian can keep the eternal laws of God, which the Old Covenant laws were fashioned after, but not completely, only on the surface. The New Covenant is identical to the eternal laws of God of Love God with all your heat, mind and body, and Love your neighbor as yourself. The Ten Commandments didn't even come close and why they were done away and replaced with the original eternal laws that Satan broke.

robycop3

I do look at the Old Testament to see the particulars on what is sin, and what isn't if it is not spelled out under our New Covenant, like remarriage after divorce. Most remarriages today would be forbidden and why I haven't dated anyone or kissed anyone for going on 20 years. For the most part the New Covenant is far deeper and harder for the natural carnal man to keep, whereas a carnal man could still keep 9 out of 10 of the Ten Commandments. Only a Christian can keep the eternal laws of God, which the Old Covenant laws were fashioned after, but not completely, only on the surface. The New Covenant is identical to the eternal laws of God of Love God with all your heat, mind and body, and Love your neighbor as yourself. The Ten Commandments didn't even come close and why they were done away and replaced with the original eternal laws that Satan broke.
Just remember that if you're divorced thru no fault of your own, especially if your ex had committed adultery while you were married, you can date or even remarry without sinning.

CharismaticLady

Just remember that if you're divorced thru no fault of your own, especially if your ex had committed adultery while you were married, you can date or even remarry without sinning.

I have looked and there is no clause for me being able to remarry. The divorce wasn't legal. He got the divorce and had no cause. So he married another woman and is living in perpetual adultery. I'm staying single as he was a Christian, and another reason why his divorcing me wasn't legal in the eyes of God. Besides he is not dead.

Last edited:

robycop3

I have looked and there is no clause for me being able to remarry. The divorce wasn't legal. He got the divorce and had no cause. So he married another woman and is living in perpetual adultery. I'm staying single as he was a Christian, and another reason why his divorcing me wasn't legal in the eyes of God. Besides he is not dead.
He left you, so you're free. But, you must follow your own beliefs.

CharismaticLady

1 Corinthians 7:39-40
39 A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord. 40 But she is happier if she remains as she is, according to my judgment—and I think I also have the Spirit of God.

Mark 10:11-12
11 So He said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her. 12 And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”

Matthew 19:9
9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.” (There was no cause, so we are still married. I'm not free, and neither is he, no matter what the laws of the land say.)

Make sure you are following the laws of God and not all the man-made loop-holes man has conveniently made for ourselves. However, if your conscience is clear, God will not hold you accountable Philippians 3:16. Only willful sins are sins unto death.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

I'm only speaking of a marriage between two Christians. They are joined together by God. (My ex doesn't believe he has sinned because he refused to actually have sex with her until they were married, even though she was the wife of his best friend and caused two divorces. I never signed the divorce papers or went to court.)

robycop3

I'm only speaking of a marriage between two Christians. They are joined together by God. (My ex doesn't believe he has sinned because he refused to actually have sex with her until they were married, even though she was the wife of his best friend and caused two divorces. I never signed the divorce papers or went to court.)
As I said, you must follow your own beliefs, and, I might add, your conscience. If he was really a Christian, he would not have divorced you if you'd not merited it. Seems he had another woman on his mind, which was his actual reason. You don't hafta answer for his sins; only your own, except that Jesus has taken care of them.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

As I said, you must follow your own beliefs, and, I might add, your conscience. If he was really a Christian, he would not have divorced you if you'd not merited it. Seems he had another woman on his mind, which was his actual reason. You don't hafta answer for his sins; only your own, except that Jesus has taken care of them.
I'm not answering for his sins; I'm just not going to make the same mistake.

I'm curious what your beliefs are based on if not the word of God???

robycop3

I'm not answering for his sins; I'm just not going to make the same mistake.

I'm curious what your beliefs are based on if not the word of God???
If you mean beliefs about divorce/marriage, I believe that actual Christians are quite-unlikely to divorce, but that adultery is always a legitimate ground. So are other un-Christian acts such as stealing, etc. & CERTAINLY physical abuse. I see no prob for the wronged spouse entering into a new relationship. But I can't speak from experience, as I've been married to the same woman for 46 years. But i can't imagine having to pay for someone else's sins, as JESUS has already done that, for all.

CharismaticLady

If you mean beliefs about divorce/marriage, I believe that actual Christians are quite-unlikely to divorce, but that adultery is always a legitimate ground. So are other un-Christian acts such as stealing, etc. & CERTAINLY physical abuse. I see no prob for the wronged spouse entering into a new relationship. But I can't speak from experience, as I've been married to the same woman for 46 years. But i can't imagine having to pay for someone else's sins, as JESUS has already done that, for all.
That makes me happy that you value your marriage. What I have found in the Bible is that divorce was permissible, but seems to be silent on remarriage, especially for women. It appears the laws favored men, even in the New Covenant. When it comes to remarriage, Christians assume too much. I am at the point in my life that I would rather err on the side of holiness than take a chance on trying to pull a fast one against God. It is called an extreme awe (fear) of the Lord.

robycop3

That makes me happy that you value your marriage. What I have found in the Bible is that divorce was permissible, but seems to be silent on remarriage, especially for women. It appears the laws favored men, even in the New Covenant. When it comes to remarriage, Christians assume too much. I am at the point in my life that I would rather err on the side of holiness than take a chance on trying to pull a fast one against God. It is called an extreme awe (fear) of the Lord.
Well, good. You certainly can't go wrong by remaining single, but if you meet some single man to whom you're highly-attracted & he is to you, just remember Paul said it's better to marry than to burn with lust. OF COURSE I won't fault your choices for yourself in such matters.

Mikey1967

So you're saying that if two Christian's divorce and remarry, let's say wrong according to scripture, that if they repent ask forgiveness that they cannot be forgiven? I find it stunning that Christians seem to have made divorce an unforgivable sin...

robycop3

So you're saying that if two Christian's divorce and remarry, let's say wrong according to scripture, that if they repent ask forgiveness that they cannot be forgiven? I find it stunning that Christians seem to have made divorce an unforgivable sin...
Depends on what the cause of divorce was. If one develops interest in another & divorces to pursue a new love (lust) interest, that's definitely wrong.

I know a married music minister at a church who taught piano on the side, who had an affair with a single student of his. (She was of age.) His conscience & faith kicked in, so he confessed his sin to his wife, who forgave him. He went on to CONFESS HIS SIN OPENLY IN CHURCH, stepping down as music minister & moving from the area. His partner in the affair told the pastor of that same church, which she attended also, that the affair was at least as much her fault as his, as she failed to discourage it a bit, & asked the pastor to please pray with her for forgiveness. She soon moved from the area also, but later wrote the pastor that she'd found & married a Christian man to whom she'd confessed her sin, but he didn't mind as she seemed right with God. she thanked the pastor again for praying with her.

Now, I believe Jesus forgave both people here. But, had the MM's wife divorced him, she woulda been right in God's sight to have done so, as it woulda been for adultery, & she woulda been free to marry someone else.

What I DON'T know is if she'd divorced the MM if HE woulda been free to have remarried without committing a sin, whether it woulda been his cohort in adultery or someone else.

CharismaticLady

Well, I know that my husband never repented. So is his marriage to his mistress (the wife of his best friend) perpetual adultery, or do you think as long as they stay true to the partner they have now they are alright in God's eyes? I've even heard one pastor say that as long as they are divorced in the eyes of the land they are free to remarry. Now that pastor certainly does not believe remarriage is an unforgivable sin, but I think that is taking things too far liberally.

God won't be mocked, so if someone, a believer, thinks they can divorce their wife, marry their mistress and plan to ask forgiveness later, I don't believe that is true repentance. I'm not sure God will even grant them repentance. Women do that mind game about abortion - I'll ask forgiveness after the abortion...

Last edited:

Harry Leggs

Well, I know that my husband never repented. So is his marriage to his mistress (the wife of his best friend) perpetual adultery, or do you think as long as they stay true to the partner they have now they are alright in God's eyes? I've even heard one pastor say that as long as they are divorced in the eyes of the land they are free to remarry. Now that pastor certainly does not believe remarriage is an unforgivable sin, but I think that is taking things too far liberally.

God won't be mocked, so if someone, a believer, thinks they can divorce their wife, marry their mistress and plan to ask forgiveness later, I don't believe that is true repentance. I'm not sure God will even grant them repentance. Women do that mind game about abortion - I'll ask forgiveness after the abortion...
A lot too depends if there is children or property involved which always complicates things. If he is out of the will of God then he will probably be punished in some way and you might see it depending on how long separated and location (how far away does he live) and what all else is involved. Does she have kids? Women had conjugal rights in the Old Testament. Celibacy is fine for a lot of people. Sometimes marriage involves celibacy. It is not all that bad. There is a lot of risks out there with STDs and what have you. You know all that. Remarriage is almost like Russian roulette.

Last edited:

rhomphaeam

A: Tongues are PHONY!!
B: No they're not
A: yes they are
B; NO THEY'RE NOT!!
A: YES THEY ARE!!
C: and they're probably DEMONIC
B: NO THEY'RE NOT!!
A: Sure they are!! ALL that "Miraculous stuff" ended when the Bible was published - 1 Cor 13:10
B: Ridiculous!! 1 Cor 13:10 has nothing to do with it!!
A: YES IT DOES!!
etc.

Just to bless you brother! More innocent times. God Bless!