Just wondering:

She was given to all as a mother at the foot of the cross.
Nope, she was given to the care of John and John ALONE.
Since she had no children, another man stepped in to care for her.
She did have other children, who were not yet believers, per scripture.

After this Jesus went about in Galilee. He would not go about in Judea, because the Jews were seeking to kill him. 2 Now the Jews' Feast of Booths was at hand. 3 So his brothers said to him, “Leave here and go to Judea, that your disciples also may see the works you are doing. 4 For no one works in secret if he seeks to be known openly. If you do these things, show yourself to the world.” 5 For not even his brothers believed in him.

I believe the "So will the people in Hell" was referring to a comment by the Protestant about us being unable to sin in heaven becasue we have resurrected bodies. The point I was making was that the Resurrection of the dead is not only for people who are in Heaven. EVERYONE, saved or lost receives a resurrected body.

Giving up attachments to sin is never easy.
Can you show us any scripture that says we have 'attachment to sin' after death?

Then there is no help for anyone. Oh, but that's right, with the OSAS idea, well, there is no problem with murder.

Well if one is saved, one would not do murder. That is another reason we know the RCC is not His church, it has murdered many people and harmed many children. If one of those children committed suicide because of how the RC leaders treated them, that is more blood on the hands of the RCC.

Then give us the reason that if Jesus had blood brothers, why was this long running Jewish custom ignored?
What long Jewish custom are you referring to? edit per mod

By the way if John was meant to look after Mary, as I was taught by the nuns, why was he not there when she died. It would appear he palmed her off to someone else. Is that how one looks after their mother. I know that I was at my mother's side as she took her last breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then there is no help for anyone. Oh, but that's right, with the OSAS idea, well, there is no problem with murder.
WRONG!! Thank you Jesus!!!

1 John 1:
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1John 2:
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Where does it mention Mary in this passage?.

Either provide the evidence for this so-called "evidence", retract the statement, or you will have proven to everyone that you are a liar.
The evidence is written in the scriptures, and I mentioned it earlier. If Jesus had blood brothers, they would have taken their mother in to one of their homes and take care of her. That did not happen. Case closed.

The evidence is written in the scriptures, and I mentioned it earlier. If Jesus had blood brothers, they would have taken their mother in to one of their homes and take care of her. That did not happen. Case closed.
There are plenty of reasons why John might have been given the responsibility of taking care of Mary. Perhaps Jesus' siblings were "rascals" that did not yet accept who He was or why He did what He did. Perhaps they were immature in the ways of the world. It is written that James the Just. Jesus' younger half brother, did not believe that Jesus was the son of God until after the resurrection. There is no reason to believe that the other brothers and sisters were any different. For whatever reason, why Jesus chose to put the responsibility of caring for his mother in the hands of John is not in the Scriptures and any speculation is just that; speculation. The case is not closed and never will be until we reach eternity and get the answers face to face.

The case is not closed and never will be until we reach eternity and get the answers face to face.
Yes. The veil will be lifted. We will both be in bad shape when we find out that only 144,000 people, all of them JW's, will be getting into heaven. LOL.

There are plenty of reasons why John might have been given the responsibility of taking care of Mary. Perhaps Jesus' siblings were "rascals" that did not yet accept who He was or why He did what He did. Perhaps they were immature in the ways of the world. It is written that James the Just. Jesus' younger half brother, did not believe that Jesus was the son of God until after the resurrection. There is no reason to believe that the other brothers and sisters were any different. For whatever reason, why Jesus chose to put the responsibility of caring for his mother in the hands of John is not in the Scriptures and any speculation is just that; speculation. The case is not closed and never will be until we reach eternity and get the answers face to face.
This is correct and reasonable. Jesus favored His spiritual family over His blood family. We see this in the 'who is my mother and brothers' passage. It's those that do the will of God. John was that person.

This is correct and reasonable. Jesus favored His spiritual family over His blood family. We see this in the 'who is my mother and brothers' passage. It's those that do the will of God. John was that person.
That's as good an explanation as I have ever seen. I don't agree, but it was very well done and I mean that sincerely.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. That is a solid scripture verse that everyone should listen to.
Well it is RCs who keep throwing those stones. Yes, that is what RCs love to use when the mortal sins of their institution are revealed. Whereas they ignore James 4:17, 1 Cor 5:11, eph 5:11. That is the problem with RCs they pick and choose and misuse scripture to suit themselves, they do this to cover up the evil fruit of their leaders and the institution which exposes that the RCC is the bad tree.

Eph 5:11

Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

John 3:20

For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest

Yep the RCC didn't care about what was happening to children until the Lord had the world expose it.

James 4:17
If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.

I did a pros and con list there are 7 points for Jesus had brothers and sisters. You have a mistranslation and a book of lies. So you have nothing and proved nothing. You made a claim about Jewish tradition not stating what that tradition was. Again nothing. The pros outweigh the cons, so you have nothing.

Yep case for Jesus having real brothers and sinners is successful and the against lost the debate because they produced no evidence to back p their nebulous claims.

Back