Kamoolah Harris STILL has not resigned from the Senate as of yet. Let that sink in

DeSanto

Doesn't seem to be an uncommon practice, either. Again, the idiocy is trying to make something of it.
How common is it? Have you researched it? What’s the usual protocol for these things? I don’t know, but I don’t think it’s idiotic to ask.

DeSanto

Yes, have you?
No, I haven’t actually. I have no idea what the protocol is. Would you care to direct me to where I could find that information?
There are any number of similar instances to be found where people took their time resigning their office after gaining another one.
Like how many? A lot? I said I was asking sincerely. Like how many senators specifically, elected VP, waited until inauguration time before stepping down.

I mean, I am interested... just not interested enough to spend a lot of time researching it. But if you have spent time researching and happen to have a good link on hand you'd like to share... I would check it out.
But nobody's asking. You're all too busy making idiotic insinuations.
Well, things can get a bit tense around here. Nothing wrong with using a little light humor at Kamala’s expense. I’m sure she can handle it. Anyone that wants to step into those shoes better have some thick skin, right?

Electric Skeptic

No, I haven’t actually. I have no idea what the protocol is. Would you care to direct me to where I could find that information?
You could do a web search, like I did. I googled (funny how that's become a verb - I use it even though I don't actually use Google) "kamala harris not resigned" and the second link was to an NY Times article on the subject (the first link is behind a paywall).

From that article:
- "Joseph R. Biden Jr., did not step down from his Senate seat until five days before the inauguration in January 2009"
- "California’s governor, Gavin Newsom, is taking his time to choose [Harris'] successor, and [Harris] may be needed [in the senate] to cast votes"
- "Ms. Harris also serves on the Senate Judiciary Committee, and 'President Trump continues to make judicial nominations during the lame-duck period, and she would want to participate in the hearings'"
- "Indiana’s official website lists Vice President Mike Pence as its governor until Jan. 9, 2017, the day that its current governor was inaugurated."

Other dates that Presidents-elect and Vice Presidents elect resigned their previous elected positions:
- George W. Bush resigned as governor of Texas in late December 2000
- Bill Clinton stepped down as governor of Arkansas in late December 1992
- Al Gore stepped down as senator in early January 1993.
- George H.W. Bush never resigned from his previous post as vice president to Ronald Reagan before he stepped up to the top job
- Dan Quayle left the Senate in early January 1989.
- Walter Mondale resigned from the Senate in late December 1976.
- Spiro Agnew left his post as governor of Maryland in January 1969.

Note that this thread was started on December 16, which would have been before all of the people listed above resigned from their offices in their respective years.

Like how many? A lot? I said I was asking sincerely. Like how many senators specifically, elected VP, waited until inauguration time before stepping down.
See above.
I mean, I am interested... just not interested enough to spend a lot of time researching it. But if you have spent time researching and happen to have a good link on hand you'd like to share... I would check it out.
See above.
Well, things can get a bit tense around here. Nothing wrong with using a little light humor at Kamala’s expense. I’m sure she can handle it. Anyone that wants to step into those shoes better have some thick skin, right?
Of course they better - but using her non-resignation to support some idiotic conspiracy theory that she knows the election was fraudulent is beyond stupid. And I trust I don't have to mention how moronic and childish calling her "Kamoolah" or "the spreader" is.

DeSanto

You could do a web search, like I did. I googled (funny how that's become a verb - I use it even though I don't actually use Google) "kamala harris not resigned" and the second link was to an NY Times article on the subject (the first link is behind a paywall).

From that article:
- "Joseph R. Biden Jr., did not step down from his Senate seat until five days before the inauguration in January 2009"
- "California’s governor, Gavin Newsom, is taking his time to choose [Harris'] successor, and [Harris] may be needed [in the senate] to cast votes"
- "Ms. Harris also serves on the Senate Judiciary Committee, and 'President Trump continues to make judicial nominations during the lame-duck period, and she would want to participate in the hearings'"
- "Indiana’s official website lists Vice President Mike Pence as its governor until Jan. 9, 2017, the day that its current governor was inaugurated."

Other dates that Presidents-elect and Vice Presidents elect resigned their previous elected positions:
- George W. Bush resigned as governor of Texas in late December 2000
- Bill Clinton stepped down as governor of Arkansas in late December 1992
- Al Gore stepped down as senator in early January 1993.
- George H.W. Bush never resigned from his previous post as vice president to Ronald Reagan before he stepped up to the top job
- Dan Quayle left the Senate in early January 1989.
- Walter Mondale resigned from the Senate in late December 1976.
- Spiro Agnew left his post as governor of Maryland in January 1969.

Note that this thread was started on December 16, which would have been before all of the people listed above resigned from their offices in their respective years.
I was hoping for a link to something regarding policies and procedures for this type of thing. Like what’s the protocol to be followed?

I really can’t read nytimes. They make me sick to my stomach.
See above.

See above.

Of course they better - but using her non-resignation to support some idiotic conspiracy theory that she knows the election was fraudulent is beyond stupid. And I trust I don't have to mention how moronic and childish calling her "Kamoolah" or "the spreader" is.
I’m also interested in understanding what the conspiracy theory is? I don’t know if any theory.

Electric Skeptic

I was hoping for a link to something regarding policies and procedures for this type of thing. Like what’s the protocol to be followed?
There isn't any.
I really can’t read nytimes. They make me sick to my stomach.
How convenient.
I’m also interested in understanding what the conspiracy theory is? I don’t know if any theory.
Then you should read the thread.