Kierkegaard : of the difference between a genius and an apostle

e v e

Methinks this was not uploaded legally so I shall not click.
It's been on that site for many years..
it's not a complete book. It is a short essay from a book from Kierkegaard.

All his writings are out of copyright. It was written in 1847.

e v e

Here is another copy. This copy from archive.org, a reputable site, shows it together with another excellent text "The present age", which I used to have my college students read in its entirety.

Torin

It's been on that site for many years..
it's not a complete book. It is a short essay from a book from Kierkegaard.

All his writings are out of copyright. It was written in 1847.
Translations may or may not be, though. I'll pass.

e v e

Translations may or may not be, though. I'll pass.
your choice. The edition I just posted is from 1962, 44 years ago. Archive.org is not a bootleg site.

PS the text is there as a borrow. It is not downloadable. To read, a user must be logged in.

e v e

Copyrights for texts published from 1922-1963:
The initial copyrighted term of the work was 28 years from the date of publication. If the copyright was renewed during the 28th year, the copyright was extended for an additional 67-year period.

e v e

That is a great bite sized nugget. Do you have more that you are willing to share?
The text of the original OP, Of the difference between a genius and an apostle, explains why regardless of the degree of genius, a genius has zero in common with an apostle. It explains in detail the differences between the two. Most academics, and many bible scholars will fall into the genius category but fail to make it as apostles. The essay shows why the opinions of a genius should lack weight for a christian.

The other text, in the archive.org book, includes the text entitled, The Present Age.

The Present Age explains modern culture, to a T, and the superficiality of what passes for Christianity in modern times. It gives lots of examples. It explains what a philistine christian is, and what the saints are of the modern age, and in simple English shows the difference of 'this world' and His world. The two realms appear in stark contrast: His Saints and those of the modern world are nothing alike even if people mistake the two superficially. Hint: the saints of the modern age are not listed in scripture either.

While the texts were published in the 1800s they are completely valid today. These essays are short easy reads. There are more excellent points (that I've not mentioned) in both essays but I leave that to you to discover.

Last edited: