King James Version Only refuted

Bible before 1611 KJV 1) Tyndale in 1526
2) Coverdale in 1535
3) Matthews Bible in 1537
4) Taverners Bible in 1539
5) Great Bible in 1540
6) Geneva Bible in 1560
7) Bishops Bible in 1568

Do we have freedom in USA read other Bible versions?
Are you forcing people read KJV Only! Is that legalism?
Show me in your KJV Bible that God or Jesus said "Read KJV only or go to hell"

Which KJV Bible was God's perfectly preserved translation in English? The one in 1611 or one of the revisions in 1613, 1629, 1638, 1644, 1664, 1701, 1744, 1762, 1769, or the last one in 1850? Please specify which one.
What was God's perfectly preserved translation in English before 1611? Please be specific in your answer.
If there was a perfectly preserved translation in English before 1611 why would God need to perfectly preserve a second one if the first one was perfectly preserved? Please give details and sources for these details.
If there was no perfectly preserved translation in English before 1611 why would God leave His people no perfectly preserved Word for 1611 years? Please give details and sources for these details.
Where does the Bible teach that God will perfectly preserve His Word in the form of one seventeenth-century English translation? Please give specific verses with proper exegesis and hermeneutics.

Is/was the Latin Vulgate the "word of God"? Why or why not? (Note: the Latin Vulgate was the standard Bible, by which all else was compared, more universally and for a longer period of time than the KJV has been)
Is/was the Septuagint (LXX) the "word of God"? Why or why not? (Note: despite its obvious imperfections and inclusion of apocryphal books, the KJV translators still called it "the word of God")
Is/was the Geneva Bible, the Great Bible, Matthew's, Tyndale's, etc. the "word of God"? Why or why not?
Which edition (year) of the KJV is uncorrupted? Why do they differ, even occasionally in words? (And if your response has to do with printing problems, why would God inspire a perfect translation only to have it corrupted by the printers? The common people would still be lacking an uncorrupt word of God. And how can we know the printing errors were all found, and all properly fixed?)
Who publishes the uncorrupted KJV? Cambride, Oxford, Kirkbride, Scofield, AMG, Zondervan, one of the Bible Societies, or one of the many other publishers? Why do they differ slightly, even occasionally in words?
If passages like Psalm 12:6-7 and Matt 5:18 are about the KJV, what did these passages mean in 1610? In 1500? In 500 AD? Do these things, in the original context, have anything to do with a 17th century English translation of scripture?
When you encounter an archaic term or phrase in the KJV, or come across a "contradiction", why do you rely on fallible tools (dictionaries, etc) to interpret the infallible?
Suppose you lived in the 10th or 15th century. How would you define "preservation" as it related to God's word, so as to not contradict the KJV-only position?
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THE "BIG 2" QUESTIONS
The KJV came out in 1611. Where was the "final authority", the "preserved word of God" in 1610 and prior? Why does the KJV differ from it, and how was it "final" if the KJV replaced it? Explain.
If scripture is the sole authority for matters of faith and doctrine, then by what authority should anyone accept the doctrine of KJV-onlyism? Since scripture does not teach the doctrine of KJV-onlyism, is it not then an extra-Biblical doctrine? Why should we accept a doctrine needing a second authority, proclaimed by those who argue that there is only one authority for matters of doctrine in the first place?

robycop3

The KJVOs are stumped by "the 2 big questions". I have NEVER seen one give any kind of reasonable answer in some 40 years of campaigning against the KJVO myth.

G Q

The KJVOs are stumped by "the 2 big questions". I have NEVER seen one give any kind of reasonable answer in some 40 years of campaigning against the KJVO myth.
Did your campaign against The King James Bible begin while you were a member of the H.W. Armstrong Church of God (Cult), and is that why you immediately attacked the word "Easter" when you confronted the Baptist Pastor of the Baptist Church that you had since joined? Is this also why you still don't believe in the literal hell? How many other doctrines have you brought into the Baptist Church that you had joined, from the H.W. Armstrong Church of God (Cult)?

P.S. Are you aware that we can make direct parallels between the H.W. Armstrong Church of God, the Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons, and Jehovah's Witnesses, where each Masonic Cult basically teach the very same damnable heresies?

robycop3

Did your campaign against The King James Bible begin while you were a member of the H.W. Armstrong Church of God (Cult), and is that why you immediately attacked the word "Easter" when you confronted the Baptist Pastor of the Baptist Church that you had since joined? Is this also why you still don't believe in the literal hell? How many other doctrines have you brought into the Baptist Church that you had joined, from the H.W. Armstrong Church of God (Cult)?

I began working against the false, man-made KJVO myth before I ever heard of the WWCOG. The indy fundy baptist church I joined, & am still a member of, has never embraced the KJVO myth, nor any other man-made doctrine of faith/worship. And OF COURSE I believe in a literal hell. It's unoccupied right now, as the souls of the wicked are in the 'torments' area of hades, & the angels that sinned are in a special place called tartarus. I have long-ago shucked the false doctrines from the WWCOG.

P.S. Are you aware that we can make direct parallels between the H.W. Armstrong Church of God, the Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons, and Jehovah's Witnesses, where each Masonic Cult basically teach the very same damnable heresies?
All are quasi/pseudo-Christian cults, along with all the little cultlets that have branched off from them, such as the Branch Davidians.
But the KJVO myth is man-made & phony as a Ford Corvette.

Beloved Daughter

This is the KJV-Only forum. It has nothing to do with JW's, Freemasons, SDA, and Mormons. There is a JW forum. There is a Freemasonry forum, there is a Mormon forum. There is a SDA forum. Please take your discussion of these to the appropriate forum.

Radioactive

If there is only one bible -- the KJV bible in christiandom, it will never stop false teachers from twisting the scriptures. You will still have different type of Christianity, you will still have cults, you will still have prosperity preachers. It won't make a difference. It's pretty useless and a time waster if we argue which version is the best or the true one.

robycop3

I disagree. This has everything to do with the ferocious attack on The King James Bible, and the agenda doesn't stop there, as Baal bending via the embracement of the aforementioned Occult false prophet groups has already been demonstrated on various Christian Forums. You say that this is a "KJV ONLY forum", but even in this Forum, there has been and still is participation by various cultists, two of which has history of presenting topics here, in times past, of preaching and teaching a false god that can be both male or female, not to mention other cult members. But when a born again Christian tackles and addresses the root of the issue, it appears that you want to subdue freedom of speech. Is that what you really want to do? Are you willing to allow for cultists to bash The King James Bible and never allow for Christians to defend it by addressing the real issues? This exactly why apostasy is flourishing, including and most especially in so-called Christian forums across the Internet. In fact, on one of the boards of which Rick Norris a.k.a. Logos 1560 and @robycop3 participate, and have participated for approximately 20 years between themselves, there is another long time member that goes by the screen name asterisktom a.k.a. Tom Ridge, whom disguises himself as a Baptist to deny the Deity of Jesus Christ, the Trinity of God, as well as the bodily ressurection of Jesus Christ and His physical return, and so forth all the while he bashes The King James Bible in favor of the "Modern Translations" and has been allowed to do so for nearly 15 years under Rick's & Roby's watch, while discerning Christians have been banned. This is why and how they are bringing in the damnable heresies of the Occult into Christian Forums as well as Churches and Denominations, and it can all be traced right back to the Illuminati and their lower ranks of Freemasonry, and I have collected more than enough data to prove this, even to @Matt Slick, including Rick Norris' defending the Satanic Occult better known as Freemasonry on that very same board.

P.S. asterisktom's damnable heresies originate from the Masonic false prophet groups of the S.D.A., JW's, and H.W. Armstrong Church of God.
So go ahead & defend the KJV all ya want. Its goofs & booboos still remain. Its outdated, archaic language still remains. The complete falsehood of the KJVO myth still remains. So, what is there to defend ?

robycop3

I see that you are still "off" concerning the doctrine of hell, but that aside,

No, I'm not. Right now, hell is unoccupied. The sould of the wicked dead have gone to the 'torments' area of hades. The KJV's rendering of hades as 'hell' is another goof in the KJV.

I would like to request that you expound a bit about how and when you took the position against KJVO, including how old you were at the time;

I wasin my early 30;s hadn't been a Christian too long, when some KJVOs physically threatened my now-late dad & me. I'm not a little guy & have been in some fights, so we prepared to teach'em a lesson, but they wisely backed off & left. I then decided to check out the KJVO position for myself, & soon found it to be false. (First indicator was its total lacka Scriptural support.) The more I studied it, the more-evident its falsehood became.(I was led to Jesus by His word as found in the NASV.)

were you ever affiliated with a Christian Church and which Denomination before you joined the H.W. Armstrong Church of God.
I was in a Southern Baptist church before the WWCOG came along, the one I'd been married in.
Who influenced you to being against The King James Bible?
No one. I discovered its goofs & booboos on my own, as I read about them, & researched to see if they were true.

How old were you when you joined the H.W. Armstrong Church of God, and how many years did you attend there, and were you "baptised" into the H.W. Armstrong Church of God?

I was about 35.I was in it about 3 years, never baptized into it. (I'd already been baptized in the SB church I attended earlier.)

What prompted you to leave the H.W. Armstrong Church of God?
One day, I picked up an old, well used NASV & laid it down in a hurry when my phone rang. When I came back, it was open to Rev. 14, & my attention was drawn to V. 10 &11, about the eternalness of hell. I remembered ol' Herbie taught "annihilationism", which I realized was false. I soon discovered many more lies Herbie had taught, so I dropped that false church like a hot potato.
Also, have you been baptised since in the Baptist Church that you decided to attend?
No. One physical baptism after salvation is sufficient.
What prompted for you to continue propagating against The King James Bible, even after joining the Independent Baptist Church?
The KJVO myth is FALSE, phony as a Ford Corvette. Many KJVOs claim it's perfect, but it has PROVEN goofs & booboos, such as "Easter" in Acts 12:4, the several mistranslations of hades as 'hell', which makes the KJV having JESUS in hell for 3 days & nights ! Then, there's the ADDITION of the words "and shalt be" in Rev. 16:5, words that CANNOT be found in Greek in any known ancient manuscript of Revelation. And that's just TWO of the KJV's goofs & booboos. Plus, the KJV is but ONE of many valid English Bible translations, old and new.

Why use an old, archaic version that's not in current English when there are several modern ones available ? Ther KJVO myth is entirely man-made, with NO Scriptuiral support, even in the KJV itself ! Please check out the origins of the current KJVO myth which I've posted in another thread in this sub-forum.

If YOU wish to go on using only the KJV, fine, but now that you know the TRUTH about the KJVO myth, if you try to convince anyone else to believe that myth, you're SPREADING A LIE, & you should know what GOD thinks of liars !

G Q

No, I'm not. Right now, hell is unoccupied. The sould of the wicked dead have gone to the 'torments' area of hades. The KJV's rendering of hades as 'hell' is another goof in the KJV.
This mis-interpretation originated with the R.C.C. and her Occult false prophet groups. All of the Occult false prophet groups agree with your remarks. We'll have to perhaps request a special forum to break down each of the Occult false prophet groups' renderings? What you are teaching here did not originate with the Baptist Church. In fact, it very much closely resembles the R.C.C.'s false teaching of "Purgatory".

I wasin my early 30;s hadn't been a Christian too long, when some KJVOs physically threatened my now-late dad & me. I'm not a little guy & have been in some fights, so we prepared to teach'em a lesson, but they wisely backed off & left. I then decided to check out the KJVO position for myself, & soon found it to be false. (First indicator was its total lacka Scriptural support.) The more I studied it, the more-evident its falsehood became.(I was led to Jesus by His word as found in the NASV.)
I find the phrasing of your accusations to be a bit cheesy. Why would someone threaten you? Was this something that happened in the Southern Baptist Church that you attended? If they were Church members, would you suppose that maybe they had perceived you to be a heretick in need to being kicked out of the Church?

I was in a Southern Baptist church before the WWCOG came along, the one I'd been married in.

No one. I discovered its goofs & booboos on my own, as I read about them, & researched to see if they were true.

I was about 35.I was in it about 3 years, never baptized into it. (I'd already been baptized in the SB church I attended earlier.)
You say that no one influenced you against The King James Bible, but yet you say that you "read things about it", so whoever wrote the book or books that you read against The King James Bible did influence you against it, and that book or books, and/or perhaps magazines were written by someone. Do you remember what the titles were, as well as who wrote them?
One day, I picked up an old, well used NASV & laid it down in a hurry when my phone rang. When I came back, it was open to Rev. 14, & my attention was drawn to V. 10 &11, about the eternalness of hell. I remembered ol' Herbie taught "annihilationism", which I realized was false. I soon discovered many more lies Herbie had taught, so I dropped that false church like a hot potato.
First of all, thank you for taking the time to share a bit about your background and experience with the H.W. Armstrong Church of God (Cult). Respectfully, 3 years is a long time to spend in a false prophet group, of which no doubt included many hours of intense indoctrination. Now, I understand that you say that you no longer believe many things that they had taught you, but for the time that you were a member of that cult, did you believe them, as they had taught that Jesus is Michael the Archangel, and did they pursuade you away from beliving the Trinity? When they taught those things, did the fact that they denied the Trinty; taught against the Deity of Jesus Christ; and blaspemously taught that Jesus is Michael the Archangel, that you did consider any of that to be a red flag and to have dropped them like a hot potato before you got started with them? Also, while you were involved, which Bible translation did they use, and from whatever translation, did they teach that The King James Bible had errors, and had to go to the Greek to "correct" The King James Bible to deny the Deity of Jesus Christ, as well as deny the Trinity, and to teach that Jesus is Michael the Archangel, as well as deny Jesus' bodily ressurrection and physical return, along with the denial of the Christian and Biblical Doctrine of hell?

The KJVO myth is FALSE, phony as a Ford Corvette. Many KJVOs claim it's perfect, but it has PROVEN goofs & booboos, such as "Easter" in Acts 12:4, the several mistranslations of hades as 'hell', which makes the KJV having JESUS in hell for 3 days & nights ! Then, there's the ADDITION of the words "and shalt be" in Rev. 16:5, words that CANNOT be found in Greek in any known ancient manuscript of Revelation. And that's just TWO of the KJV's goofs & booboos. Plus, the KJV is but ONE of many valid English Bible translations, old and new.

Why use an old, archaic version that's not in current English when there are several modern ones available ? Ther KJVO myth is entirely man-made, with NO Scriptuiral support, even in the KJV itself ! Please check out the origins of the current KJVO myth which I've posted in another thread in this sub-forum.

If YOU wish to go on using only the KJV, fine, but now that you know the TRUTH about the KJVO myth, if you try to convince anyone else to believe that myth, you're SPREADING A LIE, & you should know what GOD thinks of liars !
Again, the R.C.C. and the Occult false prophet groups agree with you, as they have a rich history of slandering Orthodox Christianity, as well as The King James Bible.

robycop3

Can YOU successfully defend the KJVO myth ? Of course not ! The fact that it has no Scriptural support automatically renders it false, & you simply cannot get around that. And the KJV's goofs & booboos are proven. Also, you cannot prove newer versions aren't at least as valid as the KJV, especially as they have fewer goofs & mistranslations. The KJVOs' attempted justifications for their myth is as silly as that of the "Flat-earthers" trying to justify theirs.

One thing ole Herbie & his gang didn't try to teach me is the lie that Jesus is Michael. That would've alerted me earlier that they were apostate.

But plainly, paradise is not heaven, & Jesus told the thief on the cross that they were going to paradise. That's the place where the souls of the righteous dead are right now. And the souls of the wicked dead are in the 'torments' area of hades right now; the actual hell, the lake of fire isn't occupied now. We know of paradise & 'torments' from Jesus' own words & the parable of the rich man & the beggar Lazarus.