KJVONLYism and Gnosticism - Are there parallels?

logos1560

I have continually posted my foundational belief as the first 3 chapters of 1 Corinthians and have made numerous quotes from those chapters.
None of what is actually stated and taught in the first three chapters of 1 Corinthians teaches your incorrect exclusive only claims for the KJV.

imJRR

The above is 100% irrefutable TRUTH. In order for KJVONLYists to say that anything in the first 3 chapters of Corinthians teaches or even HINTS in any way at all towards KJVONLism, that idea has to be very deliberately and very dishonestly forced onto the text in order to pervert the text to say what they want it to say.

logos1560

What is the biblical statement on inspiration and translation that I am wrong about?

You are wrong and non-scriptural in suggesting that a post-NT translation is inspired when you fail to demonstrate from the Scriptures that they teach what you imply, suggest, or assume. Your claim that the KVJ is inspired is not based on any clear biblical statement. You are reading into verses your own personal, subjective, non-scriptural KJV-only opinions, assumptions, or speculations.

Bob Carabbio

Well, at least you are more honest than most posters here who argues against the ability of God to preserve his word and the presence of God in his word. The NWT is a correction of the KJV.

EDITED

There is no way you can know there are no perfect English translations. You cannot have read them all and you therefore cannot prove that to yourself, much less to me. edited by mod--rule 12 violations

I have in the past presented obvious errors from some of the MV's to people who have posted comments on this thread and they would not agree they were errors. They defended my examples of error as truth. These people are frauds and are not telling the truth. Not a single one of them can show an error from any MV or paraphrase. Now, here you come saying the same thing they are saying and you cannot prove there are errors in any MV either. edited by mod--rule 12 violations

EDITED BY MOD--unfounded accusations
Aww - seems I touched a nerve.

I get a kick out of the AG's "disclaimer" - i.e. that the Bible is God's Word perfectly - in the "original autographs".

Of course, since the "Original Autographs" don't exist (that we know of), that's a safe statement to make.

AND - of course - since the Holy Spirit is still here present to lead into truth, we're covered nicely.

imJRR

From post #97 - JDS, you wrote:

"The NWT is a correction of the KJV."

Howso? How is the NWT "a correction of the KJV"?

Explain that - Explain how that is.

JDS

JDS wrote: "I have continually posted my foundational belief as the first 3 chapters of 1 Corinthians and have made numerous quotes from those chapters."

In terms of your "foundational belief" - That belief has been shown/proven to have less substance to it than cotton candy. Here's why that's true: When it comes to things like actual fact and truth, there is absolutely nothing REAL at all, in terms of evidence, in any of the verses in any of your posts that leads any reasonable person to the belief of KJVONLYism. The belief that there is something real is a total - and I do mean TOTAL - imagination that must be VERY intentionally read into the text in order to force (actually "pervert" is a more accurate word) the text to conform to the belief of KJVONLYism. This very dishonest forcing, this intentional, deliberate perverting of the text inevitably results in KJVONLYism and KJVONLYists having significant parallels to (at least) first century gnosticism. This is irrefutable, and here's the proof of that: The 5 characteristics listed in the original post have already been shown to be 100% true - even by your very own posts, JDS. Again - Thanks for that. More suggested characteristics and parallels have been added since then; and your posts have helped confirm the 100% accuracy and truth of those also. It's all here in this thread for anyone to see. Again - Thanks.
Your irrefutable evidence is not scriptural evidence. In all the time here you have been commenting on these threads you have not even referred to anything that is written in the scriptures that I can remember. The rest of us are speaking about the bible and drawing conclusions from that perspective. You have ignored without comment any arguments I have given from the scriptures. It is one thing to accuse someone of perverting a text of scripture and another to demonstrate how it is being perverted.

I made the comment that Jesus Christ, the son of man and the son of God said point blank that he did not speak his own words but the words he spoke were the words of God. I quoted from John 12. I reasoned that it was possible for our Lord Jesus to do this because he possessed the Spirit of God in his body without measure, according to the testimony of John the Baptist in John 3. I further reasoned that the Spirit made this possible because he, the Spirit, is omnipresent and dwelt in both the Father and the Son at the same time and the words of the Father to the Son was instantaneous because of this fact. No written word was needed. However, they were the words of God the Father and they were words from heaven. Our Lord Jesus quoted OT prophecies but they too were given of the Father.

Here is some new material that I have not given you but your grasping it will require you to remember what the words of God says in the KJV in the first chapters of the first epistle to the Corinthians about how the Spirit teaches the mature believer the great truths and deep things of God. You will remember that we are told in chapter 2 that truths are given to us through Spirit chosen words and that we. the believer, has the mind of Christ. This means we can think in the words of Christ. This is the context.

But, if we have the Spirit indwelling our bodies since we believed, why can't we process the words of God from God like Jesus did when he was here on the earth? Why do we need the words written on paper and why do we need to be taught the deep things of God, here a little, there a little, and not just know things because of the spirit? There is a reason for that. It is because of the weakness of our flesh and the manner in which we have received the Spirit. Since we are in 1 Corinthians I will refer to what we are told in chapter 13. It says there we see through a glass darkly, but when the perfect thing is come, which is the eternal state when we are glorified, we will know even as we are known. Meanwhile, those who have imperfect knowledge must have faith in his words. Faith is the requirement of any of us if we will please God, see Heb 11:6 for this information, and in turn, our faith in what God says will and does produce hope in that which he promises. The promises of God are very detailed and since over 6000 years of time has passed and God has dealt with different people in different ways it is easy for the reader to ignore the words that distinguishes the differences and to make wrong applications. If someone changes any of his words or adds to them or takes away some of them, then some of those distinguishing characteristics can be, and often are, lost or eliminated and confusion sets in.

But, back to answering the question why the Spirit does not now teach us as he taught Jesus without written words. It is because Jesus Christ had the Spirit indwelling him without measure. You need to see this stated in scripture.

Jn 3:32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.
33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.
34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

That is not true for us. Here is what God says to and about us relative to the indwelling Spirit.

2 Corinthians 1:22
Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

2 Corinthians 5:5
Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

Ephesians 1:14
Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

What are you speaking of Paul, or of whom are you speaking? Do we know?

Answer:
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

How long is he going to be the earnest of our inheritance? Answer; until the redemption of our bodies, which is the purchased possession of God through the blood of Christ. The redemption of our bodies is the glorification of the bodies and the body, which is the church of Jesus Christ. That is that to which we have been predestined.

While we do not have the fulness of the Spirit now, as did Jesus when he was here, we are commanded to be filled with the Spirit in our service to God, which means completely submitted to his control. This is possible, but rare in believers these days. It is one time being given the Spirit but being filled with him many times.

Ephesians 5:18
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

While we do not have the Spirit without measure now, we do have all the words of God. The words of men will not work for us. They are still the words of God and are necessary because of the principle of faith. The words of God is all we have in the physical. We have no dreams, visions, thundering voices from heaven and if we demonstrate faith it will be in the words of God. It is what we have today. It will be by them that we are judged for reward. This means that we must have the words of God. We cannot have all but 65,000 of them.

The apostles received the NT truths by revelation, Paul said in Eph 3. Then they wrote them in words for us. So far, they are the only Christians to receive these revelations that way, without scripture. That is why they are mysteries. The truths he gives us were not written anywhere else. Therefore, you must have their words to receive these truths. It is that simple. If you can receive this he said this here and other places I could quote.

2 Cor 3:1 Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you?
2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

The message of God is not going to teach us. It takes the words of God. We have them if you will receive them and trust in them.

logos1560

If someone changes any of his words or adds to them or takes away some of them, then some of those distinguishing characteristics can be, and often are, lost or eliminated and confusion sets in.
According to the KJV translators themselves, they added many words for which they had no original-language words of Scripture.

According to the KJV translators themselves, they omitted some words [providing no English rendering for some original-language words of Scripture].

The KJV translators changed the original-language words of God into different words, sometimes even giving non-literal, non-word-for-word dynamic equivalent renderings or paraphrases for them.

Perhaps you fail to apply your own assertion consistently and justly.

imJRR

Your irrefutable evidence is not scriptural evidence.

# This has already been answered multiple times; both on this thread and at least one other. I submit that it is not a good thing that I have to point out that what you write has already been answered multiple times.

In all the time here you have been commenting on these threads you have not even referred to anything that is written in the scriptures that I can remember.

# This also has already been answered multiple times; both on this thread and at least one other. Again, I submit that it is not a good thing that I have to point out that what you write has already been answered multiple times.

The rest of us are speaking about the bible and drawing conclusions from that perspective.

# Nope - The above statement is definitely not true, and here's why: There is no scriptural argument for KJVONLYism, period. The only thing your posts show (and have ever shown) is you imagine there are; nothing more than that.

You have ignored without comment any arguments I have given from the scriptures.

# LOL! Oh, I've made PLENTY of comments about that. And I haven't just made comments; I've made real, actual refutations that your posts have no answer for. That is the recorded posting history for any and all to see for themselves. Here again, I submit that it is not a good thing that I have to point out that what you write has already been answered multiple times.

It is one thing to accuse someone of perverting a text of scripture and another to demonstrate how it is being perverted.

# Reality: I have not only made the accusation; I have indeed demonstrated the truth of it in my postings; and what I wrote is irrefutable. There is no post by you anywhere that shows or even hints otherwise; and that is because you cannot do so. In order for KJVONLYists to say that anything in the first 3 chapters of Corinthians (or ANY scripture anywhere) teaches or even HINTS in any way at all towards KJVONLism, that idea has to be first imagined and then be very deliberately and very dishonestly forced onto the text in order to pervert the text to say what they want it to say. KJVONLYism is pure gnostic myth, based on imagination and nothing more that is believed by the gullible making a decision that has no real, actual substantiating evidence. Those statement are 100% irrefutable fact, truth and reality, period. Your posts have never and never will show anything otherwise - because you cannot provide real, truthful "evidence" that does not and has never existed.

# The rest of your post was probably great fun to type, but is also completely barren of anything worthwhile. This, also, is not a good thing.

Last edited:

JDS

According to the KJV translators themselves, they added many words for which they had no original-language words of Scripture.

According to the KJV translators themselves, they omitted some words [providing no English rendering for some original-language words of Scripture].

The KJV translators changed the original-language words of God into different words, sometimes even giving non-literal, non-word-for-word dynamic equivalent renderings or paraphrases for them.

Perhaps you fail to apply your own assertion consistently and justly.
So, IOW's you are disagreeing with what I have said? You think that an infinite being, whose thoughts are above our thoughts, he says in Isa 55, as far as the heaven is above the earth, and his ways past finding out, can or will be silly enough to trust us with editing him and presenting his will and ways in scores of different ways and with different words, sometimes amounting to 65,000 less or more words, give or take? Do you think someone with power to give his own Son through death and then raise him from the dead would not be motivated enough to preserve his words in another language if words are the only way he is giving us to learn his way of salvation and to know his will and his ways and to prove him?

You might be able to prove that the KJV is not where God preserved his words in English and I would believe you if you were able to prove it from the scriptures themselves, but it is dead sure you cannot prove your own theology of writing bibles in your own words and as often as you will, optimizing and editing him as you see fit and then claiming that your productions are just as good as his. I am not buying that philosophy.

I think people will spend eternity in the lake of fire for doing that if one can believe what is written.

Re 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

65,000 words less is a take away, no matter how you view math. Below are those who will be outside the holy city.

Re 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city (the holy city).
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Those are not just words to me, they are sobering words to me.

JDS

Attention. I am banning FORUMS from my social media network until 7:00 AM Saturday 7/3/2021.

Just for the fun of it.

Last edited:

imJRR

Attention. I am banning FORUMS from my social media network until 7:00 AM Saturday 7/3/2021.

Just for the fun of it.

With all due respect, JDS...

- Considering the multiple avoidances of your posts to deal with multiple challenges that have been submitted;
- Considering the multiple attempts your posts have made to make something (or someone) other than KJVONLYism the subject;
- Considering the proven false accusations your posts have made toward/about others;
- Considering that your very own posts have helped prove the 100% truth of the original post (and others) about the inherent gnosticism of KJVONLYism;
- Considering the actual refutations that KJVONLYism has received;

I would submit that it is significantly more probable that the real reason isn't really "fun" as the word is used in the normal sense, but is instead a very serious and repeated inability on the part of your posts to adequately respond/answer. You may object and deny this, sure - but the posting history here is what it is, and shows what it shows.

So, in regards to your last sentence: Have fun dealing with all that.

Last edited:

logos1560

it is dead sure you cannot prove your own theology of writing bibles in your own words and as often as you will, optimizing and editing him as you see fit and then claiming that your productions are just as good as his. I am not buying that philosophy.
Your statements would condemn your own human KJV-only reasoning that permits one exclusive group of Church of England priests in 1611 to write or make a translation in their own words, optimizing and editing God as they saw fit, and you try to claim that their human production is just as good as what God gave by inspiration to the prophets and apostles. You are in effect buying or advocating the same philosophy that you condemn. You in effect permit the KJV translators to do what you condemn other Bible translators for doing.

You do not accurately answer nor discuss my actual scripturally-based position. Instead you try to create a bogus straw-man distortion and misrepresentation that is not my position.

imJRR

JDS - Just so you know:

The points that have been made here are not going away.

You have explanations that need to be made (like from post #105 above) and multiple challenges and refutations that need to be addressed and dealt with.

RiJoRi

I
JDS - Just so you know:

You have explanations that need to be made (like from post #105 above) and multiple challenges and refutations that need to be addressed and dealt with.
Ignore-ance is bliss?? 😉

--Rich

JDS

JDS - Just so you know:

I

Ignore-ance is bliss?? 😉

--Rich
Your statements would condemn your own human KJV-only reasoning that permits one exclusive group of Church of England priests in 1611 to write or make a translation in their own words, optimizing and editing God as they saw fit, and you try to claim that their human production is just as good as what God gave by inspiration to the prophets and apostles. You are in effect buying or advocating the same philosophy that you condemn. You in effect permit the KJV translators to do what you condemn other Bible translators for doing.

You do not accurately answer nor discuss my actual scripturally-based position. Instead you try to create a bogus straw-man distortion and misrepresentation that is not my position.
Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

It is one thing to add "things," and it is another thing to take away words.

We talked about Psalm 12 in another thread. The context of that psalm is identical with the Revelation. In that psalm we are told the words of the LORD are pure words. Look at the logic here.

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

The pure words of God simply means everyone speaking the same things as God is speaking. In Psa 12 it was the poor and needy and afflicted of Israel who are hearing and believing, and even singing these psalms of deliverance and protection against the man who has dedicated himself to their utter and complete destruction, psalms that were written 3000 years before the actual events of their fulfillment. Other psalms and prophecies tells them, and us, who studies these truths, that in these days of completed prophecy the only place of safety is Jerusalem and the people in the land will all perish.

Zech 13:7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. 8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land (Israel), saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. 9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD (Jehovah) is my God.

Three thousand years is a long time to preserve the words of God, that must be believed to save the people to whom they were written when death is imminent, especially when there is a real devil who has been trying to corrupt those words since they were given. The closer we get to the time for God to deal with the Satanic kingdom and all that is associated with him the more intense his resistance gets. In these very last days of this age of grace, where God has not been imputing their personal sins to them while they live, the religious wing of the Satanic kingdom has been corrupting the scriptures more than ever before. This is the reason for all these MV's with a variation of as many as 65,000 words from one to the other and a philosophy that the message of the scriptures is all that is important, not the words.

2 Tim 3:1 This know also, that in the last days (of this age) perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

2 Tim 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

These are heaped up Greek teachers with different bibles and paraphrases.

I suggest taking a look at the thread I started on the subject of the "Day of the LORD." The time frame of the day of the LORD is the last 3 1/2 years called the great tribulation by the prophets and is the time when God purges all rebels and unbelievers from the earth and establishes his kingdom in righteousness over righteous subjects, who have chosen him. This is the time frame for the fulfillment of prophies like Psalm 12 and the second coming of Christ to the earth. It is a time of the wrath of God, from which his church he has formed in this age is delivered by his coming for us in the clouds. One must be born again to be in this number.

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; 10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Why is this important in the KJV only debate? Because, generally speaking, those who publish these new MV's are taught that words are not important and there is no context to the prophetic words of God and they never learn that Israel are the elect people of Jehovah and he makes promises concerning salvation and their land and intends to keep every one of them. This is what the entire OT is about. The NT scriptures is about the church of Jesus Christ, a completely separate and new entity different from Israel and a heavenly people that is being formed from the side of Jesus Christ from the resurrection until the wrath of God, when the church will be taken out of the world to the Father's house in heaven.

Without understanding this judgement that is reserved for the world there will be less and less fear of God and evil will get worse and worse. One can lay much blame at the feet of the publishers of these new translations and the philosophy that empowers them.

imJRR

JDS - As usual:
- The great majority of your above post doesn't actually deal with the points, challenges, and refutations that have been put to you.
- The argument about how many words have been added/taken away has already been answered multiple times. What is especially telling about that is that all your posts have ever done is run away from the truth that the KJV translators themselves did the very thing you accuse other translations of doing.
- Your accusation of "those who publish these new MV's are taught that words are not important" is one more (silly) accusation that is totally devoid of proof of any kind whatsoever. And I will predict right here and now that there never will be any proof provided, because - as is true for SO MUCH of what's in your posts - You can't produce proof that never has and does not exist.

The only thing the post does is side-tracking - which is just a form of running away.

Understandable, considering the posting history - But still not really a good thing.

Last edited:

glenlogie

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

It is one thing to add "things," and it is another thing to take away words.

We talked about Psalm 12 in another thread. The context of that psalm is identical with the Revelation. In that psalm we are told the words of the LORD are pure words. Look at the logic here.

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

The pure words of God simply means everyone speaking the same things as God is speaking. In Psa 12 it was the poor and needy and afflicted of Israel who are hearing and believing, and even singing these psalms of deliverance and protection against the man who has dedicated himself to their utter and complete destruction, psalms that were written 3000 years before the actual events of their fulfillment. Other psalms and prophecies tells them, and us, who studies these truths, that in these days of completed prophecy the only place of safety is Jerusalem and the people in the land will all perish.

Zech 13:7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. 8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land (Israel), saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. 9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD (Jehovah) is my God.

Three thousand years is a long time to preserve the words of God, that must be believed to save the people to whom they were written when death is imminent, especially when there is a real devil who has been trying to corrupt those words since they were given. The closer we get to the time for God to deal with the Satanic kingdom and all that is associated with him the more intense his resistance gets. In these very last days of this age of grace, where God has not been imputing their personal sins to them while they live, the religious wing of the Satanic kingdom has been corrupting the scriptures more than ever before. This is the reason for all these MV's with a variation of as many as 65,000 words from one to the other and a philosophy that the message of the scriptures is all that is important, not the words.

2 Tim 3:1 This know also, that in the last days (of this age) perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

2 Tim 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

These are heaped up Greek teachers with different bibles and paraphrases.

I suggest taking a look at the thread I started on the subject of the "Day of the LORD." The time frame of the day of the LORD is the last 3 1/2 years called the great tribulation by the prophets and is the time when God purges all rebels and unbelievers from the earth and establishes his kingdom in righteousness over righteous subjects, who have chosen him. This is the time frame for the fulfillment of prophies like Psalm 12 and the second coming of Christ to the earth. It is a time of the wrath of God, from which his church he has formed in this age is delivered by his coming for us in the clouds. One must be born again to be in this number.

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; 10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Why is this important in the KJV only debate? Because, generally speaking, those who publish these new MV's are taught that words are not important and there is no context to the prophetic words of God and they never learn that Israel are the elect people of Jehovah and he makes promises concerning salvation and their land and intends to keep every one of them. This is what the entire OT is about. The NT scriptures is about the church of Jesus Christ, a completely separate and new entity different from Israel and a heavenly people that is being formed from the side of Jesus Christ from the resurrection until the wrath of God, when the church will be taken out of the world to the Father's house in heaven.

Without understanding this judgement that is reserved for the world there will be less and less fear of God and evil will get worse and worse. One can lay much blame at the feet of the publishers of these new translations and the philosophy that empowers them.
A lot of scripture being quoted, but none of it supports KJVOism