Lab-made embryos produced by combining human and monkey cells

inertia

Aye.
Yup.

I wonder if the preponderance of cutting-edge researchers in the field of "interspecies blastocyst complementation" critically thinks through the ethics of their work involving part-human chimeras. I have reason to believe that most published research focuses on discovery. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to wait for permission.

- Assuming resounding success, should researchers or companies be able to ‘own’ part-human chimeras?
- Should there be special requirements for data sharing similar to how people’s genomic information may or may not be shared?
- What are the boundary conditions that distinguish between 'too human-like vs 'other species like?

_____

evoguy313

I wonder if the preponderance of cutting-edge researchers in the field of "interspecies blastocyst complementation" critically thinks through the ethics of their work involving part-human chimeras. I have reason to believe that most published research focuses on discovery. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to wait for permission.

- Assuming resounding success, should researchers or companies be able to ‘own’ part-human chimeras?
- Should there be special requirements for data sharing similar to how people’s genomic information may or may not be shared?
- What are the boundary conditions that distinguish between 'too human-like vs 'other species like?

_____
Don't know.