Lack of Arminians

travelah

I've noticed that there are almost no Arminians posting on the board. There are a couple with an Arminian soteriology but it seems it might be better to rename the board "Calvinism and Heterodox".

/s

ReverendRV

I've noticed that there are almost no Arminians posting on the board. There are a couple with an Arminian soteriology but it seems it might be better to rename the board "Calvinism and Heterodox".

/s
I for one am glad you are here Arminian! Go invite some of your friends...

travelah

I got the similar impression.
When I first joined CARM 20 years ago there was a pretty vibrant and active community of Arminians participating, both classical and Wesleyan. After several years, it began to get ugly and moderation seemed to be fairly one-sided. I know of half a dozen notable theologians who simply had enough of the baiting and left for more edifying engagements. It was a shame but not unexpected.

I'm hoping it is somewhat more civilized. I'm also far more liberal with the ignore function :)

Septextura

When I first joined CARM 20 years ago there was a pretty vibrant and active community of Arminians participating, both classical and Wesleyan. After several years, it began to get ugly and moderation seemed to be fairly one-sided. I know of half a dozen notable theologians who simply had enough of the baiting and left for more edifying engagements. It was a shame but not unexpected.

I'm hoping it is somewhat more civilized. I'm also far more liberal with the ignore function :)

There's plenty of Arminianism posing as New Calvinism these days, so things may not be as black and white as 20 years ago.

TomFL

/s
Just Calvinism and non Calvinism would do

civic

/s
Ditto it’s sad

travelah

The roads to Rome are wide, straight, beautifully paved and inviting.
Referring Protestant dissenters as being Romish is an old and tired canard for most. As an example, there is no prominent Calvinist who could ever be considered more anti-Romish or anti-Pope than Arminius and Wesley; equal to their zeal perhaps but not more so. The problem with the Romish label is that it is just a smear, an ad hominem defense.

That said, both Calvinist and Arminian streams have had those who ventured 'off the plantation' and into apostasy.