Lamb of God?

Theo1689

If there is anyone reading who wants to know how we know the new Jerusalem is the Bride of Christ, ask and we can talk.

Notice that Seth will respond to my posts ALL DAY LONG when it is for him to engage in trash talk.

But once THEOLOGY is the topic, he refuses to engage me.

Sethproton

ROTFLOL!

(yes, Seth... Me! raises had to discuss! o/ o/ o/ )

But I know you're simply playing these games because you know you're refuted, and you can't defend your false claim.
Sure. Rev 21:2 says the New Jerusalem comes down out of Heaven adorned as a bride for her husband. The city is a metaphor for us, His bride

G

guest1

Sure. Rev 21:2 says the New Jerusalem comes down out of Heaven adorned as a bride for her husband. The city is a metaphor for us, His bride
No it’s like a bride adorned not is a bride . Conflating is your game.

Its hilarious to watch you stumble over present tense verse like is and an adverb or adjective “ like “

Theo1689

No games. God is not A spirit. God is spirit.

A distinction without a difference.

"A spirit" means an angel or demon

Wrong again, Seth.
It means FAR more than that:

πνεῦμα, ατος, τό
air in movement, blowing, breathing (even the glowing exhalations of a volcanic crater)
a. wind
b. the breathing out of air, blowing, breath
2. that which animates or gives life to the body, breath, (life-)spirit
3. a part of human personality, spirit
a. when used with σάρξ, the flesh, it denotes the immaterial part
b. as the source and seat of insight, feeling, and will, gener. as the representative part of human inner life
c. spiritual state, state of mind, disposition
4. an independent noncorporeal being, in contrast to a being that can be perceived by the physical senses, spirit
a. God personally:
b. good, or at least not expressly evil spirits or spirit-beings
c. evil spirits
5. God’s being as controlling influence, with focus on association with humans, Spirit, spirit as that which differentiates God fr. everything that is not God, as the divine power that produces all divine existence, as the divine element in which all divine life is carried on, as the bearer of every application of the divine will. All those who belong to God possess or receive this spirit and hence have a share in God’s life. This spirit also serves to distinguish Christians fr. all unbelievers (cp. PGM 4, 1121ff, where the spirit is greeted as one who enters devotees and, in accordance w. God’s will, separates them fr. themselves, i.e. fr. the purely human part of their nature); for this latter aspect s. esp. 6 below.
a. the Spirit of God,
b. the Spirit of Christ, of the Lord (=Christ) etc.
c. Because of its heavenly origin and nature this Spirit is called (the) Holy Spirit
α. w. the art. τὸ πνεῦμα τὸ ἅγιον
β. without the art.
d. abs.
α. w. the art. τὸ πνεῦμα. In this connection the art. is perh. used anaphorically at times,
β. without the art. πνεῦμα
e. The Spirit is more closely defined by a gen. of thing:
f. Of Christ ‘it is written’ in Scripture: (ἐγένετο) ὁ ἔσχατος Ἀδὰμ εἰς πνεῦμα ζῳοποιοῦν 1 Cor 15:45.
g. The (divine) Pneuma stands in contrast to everything that characterizes this age or the finite world gener.
α. in contrast to σάρξ, which is more closely connected w. sin than any other earthly material
β. in contrast to σῶμα
γ. in contrast to γράμμα, which is the characteristic quality of God’s older declaration of the divine will in the law:
δ. in contrast to the wisdom of humans 1 Cor 2:13.
6. the Spirit of God as exhibited in the character or activity of God’s people or selected agents, Spirit, spirit
a. πνεῦμα is accompanied by another noun, which characterizes the working of the Spirit more definitely:
b. Unless frustrated by humans in their natural condition, the Spirit of God produces a spiritual type of conduct
c. The Spirit inspires certain people of God B 12:2; 13:5, above all, in their capacity as proclaimers of a divine revelation
d. The Spirit of God, being one, shows the variety and richness of its life in the different kinds of spiritual gifts which are granted to certain Christians
e. One special type of spiritual gift is represented by ecstatic speaking. Of those who ‘speak in tongues’ that no earthly person can understand:
f. The Spirit leads and directs Christian missionaries in their journeys
7. an activating spirit that is not fr. God, spirit: πν. ἔτερον a different (kind of) spirit
8. an independent transcendent personality, the Spirit, which appears in formulas that became more and more fixed and distinct

Theo1689

So I will conclude that you don't understand the concept of "simile", "AS a bride".
Well, that explains your confusion and your false teaching.

G

guest1

A distinction without a difference.

Wrong again, Seth.
It means FAR more than that:

πνεῦμα, ατος, τό
air in movement, blowing, breathing (even the glowing exhalations of a volcanic crater)
a. wind
b. the breathing out of air, blowing, breath
2. that which animates or gives life to the body, breath, (life-)spirit
a part of human personality, spirit
a. when used with σάρξ, the flesh, it denotes the immaterial part
b. as the source and seat of insight, feeling, and will, gener. as the representative part of human inner life
c. spiritual state, state of mind, disposition
4. an independent noncorporeal being, in contrast to a being that can be perceived by the physical senses, spirit
a. God personally:
b. good, or at least not expressly evil spirits or spirit-beings
c. evil spirits
5. God’s being as controlling influence, with focus on association with humans, Spirit, spirit as that which differentiates God fr. everything that is not God, as the divine power that produces all divine existence, as the divine element in which all divine life is carried on, as the bearer of every application of the divine will. All those who belong to God possess or receive this spirit and hence have a share in God’s life. This spirit also serves to distinguish Christians fr. all unbelievers (cp. PGM 4, 1121ff, where the spirit is greeted as one who enters devotees and, in accordance w. God’s will, separates them fr. themselves, i.e. fr. the purely human part of their nature); for this latter aspect s. esp. 6 below.
a. the Spirit of God,
b. the Spirit of Christ, of the Lord (=Christ) etc.
c. Because of its heavenly origin and nature this Spirit is called (the) Holy Spirit
α. w. the art. τὸ πνεῦμα τὸ ἅγιον
β. without the art.
d. abs.
α. w. the art. τὸ πνεῦμα. In this connection the art. is perh. used anaphorically at times,
β. without the art. πνεῦμα
e. The Spirit is more closely defined by a gen. of thing:
f. Of Christ ‘it is written’ in Scripture: (ἐγένετο) ὁ ἔσχατος Ἀδὰμ εἰς πνεῦμα ζῳοποιοῦν 1 Cor 15:45.
g. The (divine) Pneuma stands in contrast to everything that characterizes this age or the finite world gener.
α. in contrast to σάρξ, which is more closely connected w. sin than any other earthly material
β. in contrast to σῶμα
γ. in contrast to γράμμα, which is the characteristic quality of God’s older declaration of the divine will in the law:
δ. in contrast to the wisdom of humans 1 Cor 2:13.
6. the Spirit of God as exhibited in the character or activity of God’s people or selected agents, Spirit, spirit
a. πνεῦμα is accompanied by another noun, which characterizes the working of the Spirit more definitely:
b. Unless frustrated by humans in their natural condition, the Spirit of God produces a spiritual type of conduct
c. The Spirit inspires certain people of God B 12:2; 13:5, above all, in their capacity as proclaimers of a divine revelation
d. The Spirit of God, being one, shows the variety and richness of its life in the different kinds of spiritual gifts which are granted to certain Christians
e. One special type of spiritual gift is represented by ecstatic speaking. Of those who ‘speak in tongues’ that no earthly person can understand:
f. The Spirit leads and directs Christian missionaries in their journeys
7. an activating spirit that is not fr. God, spirit: πν. ἔτερον a different (kind of) spirit
8. an independent transcendent personality, the Spirit, which appears in formulas that became more and more fixed and distinct
Excellent!

G

guest1

So I will conclude that you don't understand the concept of "simile", "AS a bride".
Well, that explains your confusion and your false teaching.
Nor any other parts of speech especially when it comes to scripture.

Sethproton

So I will conclude that you don't understand the concept of "simile", "AS a bride"
No confusion. No false teaching on my part, but please go ahead and explain the meaning of the metaphor "adorned as a bride"
Note: pic below is computer glitch, nothing to do with the message

Attachments

• 1629304227196.png
    1629304227196.png
    466.4 KB · Views: 2

Theo1689

No confusion.

You are wrong.

No false teaching on my part,

Oh, I forgot... You think you're inerrant and infallible.
(Okay, everyone, let's not burst Seth's bubble... Let's humour him...)

but please go ahead and explain the meaning of the metaphor "adorned as a bride"

Like I said, you've clearly never been taught the concept of "simile".
It's like a metaphor, but a simile never identifies one thing with another, it says it is "similar" (do you see how "similar" is similar to "simile"?) to another, it is "like" another, it is "as" another.

So it means, "adorned LIKE a bride."
So it means, "adorned SIMILARLY to a bride".
It does not say that it "is" a bride.

Song 4:5 Your two breasts are like two fawns,
twins of a gazelle, that graze among the lilies.

Or do you believe the beloved ACTUALLY has two baby deer on her chest?

Btw, you do know that only Super-members can post images, right?
It looks like you WANT to be banned again...

Sethproton

You are wrong.

Oh, I forgot... You think you're inerrant and infallible.
(Okay, everyone, let's not burst Seth's bubble... Let's humour him...)

It's like a metaphor, but a simile never identifies one thing with another, it says it is "similar" (do you see how "similar" is similar to "simile"?) to another, it is "like" another, it is "as" another.

Btw, you do know that only Super-members can post images, right?
It looks like you WANT to be banned again...
You did not explain the meaning of the simile, What does it mean?

Theo1689

Here is the proof of Seth's false accusation against me, and proof that he simply wants to play games, instead of moving productive discussion forward.

Sethproton

I did.
You clearly didn't bother to read my post.
But you brag about not reading others' posts, so that should be no surprise.
No, you went on and on about what a simile is, but you did not explain what this simile means and why it does not mean the city is metaphorically the bride of Christ

Theo1689

No, you went on and on about what a simile is, but you did not explain what this simile means and why it does not mean the city is metaphorically the bride of Christ

Again, you still obviously didn't bother to read my post.
I didn't say it was "metaphorically the bride of Christ".
It's a SIMILE, not a "metaphor".
But simply pointing out is sufficient to refute your false claim that the "new Jerusalem" is the bride of Christ.

But see, I've responded to you FOUR times now about this, and you're STILL playing stupid games. You're clearly not interested in productive discussion.

G

guest1

But simply pointing out is sufficient to refute your false claim that the "new Jerusalem" is the bride of Christ.

But see, I've responded to you FOUR times now about this, and you're STILL playing stupid games. You're clearly not interested in productive discussion.
Diversion and conflating is all he knows. Dr Walter Martin had his type nailed . It’s the nature of the Cults to use Christian lingo and mean something entirely different .

Sethproton

first, a simile is a type of metaphor.
And yes, I was the one who said the city is metaphorically the Bride of Christ, not you.
And you have yet to say what the simile means.

Theo1689

first, a simile is a type of metaphor.

Wrong.
A simile is NOT "a type of metaphor".
Similes and metaphors are DIFFERENT, they are forms of COMPARISON.

And yes, I was the one who said the city is metaphorically the Bride of Christ, not you.

No, Seth... You NENER said, "the city is metphorically the Bride of Christ".
You said that the city IS the Bride of Christ.
Big difference.

And you have yet to say what the simile means.

Nor do I have to.
If I did, you simply argue with it anyway, and I'm not interested in wasting my time.
My purpose here was simply to refute your false claim that the new Jerusalem has the IDENTITY of being the Bride of Christ.
So my purpose is finished here.

Are you now claiming that the New Jerusalem is NOT actually the Bride of Christ, but simply a "metaphor" for the Bride of Christ?