Last Words of Pope Benedict

How is that any different from the nCCs? The nCCs follow the actual word of scripture when it suits their beliefs, otherwise they follow someone's interpretation, "catechism".

I have tested the nCCs teaching about scripture and their teachings about the CC. I have found them not to be true.
You do not know. Then you institution is no different to over there. You only have your own interpretation of the RC false interpretation of scripture. So you have nothing at all. If you had tested them then you would be able to tell us how praying to the dead is scriptural, how bowing to statues is scriptural, scriptural evidence for the assumption, you would give a much better defence of the real presence other than Jesus said without proving He meant it literal which you haven't. I can go on with more things you cannot defend. Also you would not be blowing in the wind on topics like faith, works and righteousness.

I don't know if this is the entire context or not.

I don't understand why you just don't quote from the CCC.
BECAUSE I asked YOU
As a Catholic do you feel guilty for for the tragedy of Christian disunity?
You replied you needed to see the context
Context has been provided

"How do I resolve the Reformation? Is it faith alone that justifies, or is it faith and good works? Very simple. No tricks.
On this issue I believe Luther was simply right; and this issue is absolutely crucial. As a Catholic I feel guilt for the tragedy of Christian disunity because the church in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries was failing to preach the gospel. "

"The only road to unity is total openness to his will, even if it means admitting that we were wrong."

Last edited:
His disciples, yes; not his wannabe "substitutes"! You know, all those supposedly mediatorial priests who magically summon Christ from heaven with an incantation and change him into a wafer, then parade the wafer around in a monstrance to be idolised.
Oh yes! The blatant idolatry willfully employed by the Roman Catholic Church! Millions of blinded Roman Catholics place a distinct significiance in the Eucharist with regard to their faith and practice. And what's more is that the Roman Catholic Church has placed a very strong emphasis on the Eucharist as it's major means to evangelize non-Roman Catholics. The whole 'hocus-pocus' focus of the RCC Mass is based entirely upon the authenticity of what the RCC calls 'transubstantiation' which in man-made words is the miraculous transformation of bread and wine into the literal body and blood of Jesus Christ, which is only made possible through the powers of a Roman Catholic priest. ?

One of the aspects of the Roman Catholic 'Christ the Eucharistic' really needs to be adressed here, because not only does this Christ appear on the altar in the form of bread and wine, the Roman Catholic Church also teaches and promotes that this presence can be contained and adored in a vessel called a 'monstrance.' Not one single reference to the word monstrance can be found in the Bible. The very idea that God can be contained and displayed in a man-made vessel is a direct contradiction of the Word of God.

It is certain then, that the Eucharistic Christ is the Jesus promoted by the Roman Catholic Chruch. If this teaching is in error, it is obvious there are serious consequences.

God that made the world and all things therin, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands. (Acts 17:24)

Last edited:
His disciples, yes; not his wannabe "substitutes"! You know, all those supposedly mediatorial priests who magically summon Christ from heaven with an incantation and change him into a wafer, then parade the wafer around in a monstrance to be idolised.
Yep! The Jesus of the Holy Bible is no longer in the tomb. He is not confined in any earthly vessel or chamber. Jesus warned His disciples about those who say, see he is here or he is there as if physically present on the earth in a Roman Catholic Church, or inside a Roman Catholic display piece called a 'monstrance,' or inside a Roman Catholic tabernacle on a Roman Catholic altar, or inside a Roman Catholic chalice, or inside any Roman Catholic Church at all. According to the Gospel of God, Jesus is physically present and seated comfortably at the right hand of the Father until His 'Second Coming', and presently through His Spirit, He dwells in the hearts of every true believer. Jesus never said that He would be made any more present than He already is.

spacer.gif

Toward Reuniting the Church
by Peter Kreeft

Born into a strong evangelical Protestant family (Dutch Reformed), I became a Roman Catholic while studying philosophy at Yale.
=============================

and there - in;
is the problem
"philosophy and vain deceit"+

Col.2:8
For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you,
and for them at Laodicea,
and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh;
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit,
after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world,
and not after Christ

Last edited:
The therefore references what Paul had just said in Romans 4.

Romans 4:23- 24, "Now the words, “it was reckoned to him,” were written not for his sake alone, but for ours also. It will be reckoned to us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead, who was handed over to death for our trespasses and was raised for our justification."

Paul also says:

Romans 5:20- 6:11, "But law came in, with the result that the trespass multiplied; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, just as sin exercised dominion in death, so grace might also exercise dominion through justification leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What then are we to say? Should we continue in sin in order that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin go on living in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? Therefore we have been buried with him by baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. We know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be destroyed, and we might no longer be enslaved to sin. For whoever has died is freed from sin. But if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. The death he died, he died to sin, once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus."

Reckoned as righteousness means that sins are forgiven and we are made right with God by faith. The first step of faith is baptism.

CCC
977 Our Lord tied the forgiveness of sins to faith and Baptism: "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation. He who believes and is baptized will be saved."519 Baptism is the first and chief sacrament of forgiveness of sins because it unites us with Christ, who died for our sins and rose for our justification, so that "we too might walk in newness of life."520
Still waiting
QUESTION---> Which statement is true?
"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith"
or

"Therefore, since we have NOT been justified by faith"

Yes, it seems like Roman Catholic priests have a 'love' affair with their "monstrances."
A testimony given by a RCC priest in India writes:

"On April 28, 2001, we held the novena prayer to St. Jude in the parish church as usual. At about 8:49am, I exposed the Holy Eucharist in the monstrance and we started the adoration. During the adoration I saw 3 dots on the holy Eucharist. I stopped reciting the prayers and as if from some sort of an inner inspiration I just stood looking at the Eucharist. As the novena prayer was over, I gave the faithful Eucharistic benediction. Then I invited the attenion of the Faithful to the monstrance and they testified that hey saw 3 dots on the Eucharist . . .

spacer.gif

Toward Reuniting the Church
by Peter Kreeft

Born into a strong evangelical Protestant family (Dutch Reformed), I became a Roman Catholic while studying philosophy at Yale.
=============================

and there - in;
is the problem
"philosophy and vain deceit"+

Col.2:8
For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you,
and for them at Laodicea,
and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh;
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit,
after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world,
and not after Christ

To understand Kreeft's spirtual journey, it is helpful to examine a number of testimonial statements he made in Ecumenical Jihad. Regarding the role that the Eucharist played in his conversion to Roman Catholicism, he wrote: In my pilgrimage from Dutch Reformed Calvinism to Roman Catholicism, the one Roman Catholic dogma that most drew me in was the Eucharist."
So, basically, it wasn't Jesus Christ who 'drew him in,' to the Roman Catholic Church. It was the RCC dogma on the Eucharist. It's all about what Kreeft believes, not the teachings of God's Word. He also touts that with his conversion to Roman Catholicism that can be used as a evangelistic tool in bring back the "separated brethren" to Roman Catholicism.

To understand Kreeft's spirtual journey, it is helpful to examine a number of testimonial statements he made in Ecumenical Jihad. Regarding the role that the Eucharist played in his conversion to Roman Catholicism, he wrote: In my pilgrimage from Dutch Reformed Calvinism to Roman Catholicism, the one Roman Catholic dogma that most drew me in was the Eucharist."
So, basically, it wasn't Jesus Christ who 'drew him in,' to the Roman Catholic Church. It was the RCC dogma on the Eucharist. It's all about what Kreeft believes, not the teachings of God's Word. He also touts that with his conversion to Roman Catholicism that can be used as a evangelistic tool in bring back the "separated brethren" to Roman Catholicism.
But God's word does teach us that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ.

Yes, it seems like Roman Catholic priests have a 'love' affair with their "monstrances."
A testimony given by a RCC priest in India writes:

"On April 28, 2001, we held the novena prayer to St. Jude in the parish church as usual. At about 8:49am, I exposed the Holy Eucharist in the monstrance and we started the adoration. During the adoration I saw 3 dots on the holy Eucharist. I stopped reciting the prayers and as if from some sort of an inner inspiration I just stood looking at the Eucharist. As the novena prayer was over, I gave the faithful Eucharistic benediction. Then I invited the attenion of the Faithful to the monstrance and they testified that hey saw 3 dots on the Eucharist . . .
The dots were probably mold...

It teaches us it is symbolic, a remembrance. There was no evidence of a literal change at all. All literal changes in scripture provide evidence of said change. It was at a meal full of symbolic food stuffs.
Scripture doesn't teach that it is symbolic.

Back