Lawmakers shouldn't practice medicine...

unbound

He is a chiropractor, not a medical doctor. Fortunately, this amendment did not pass.

“partial-birth” is not a medical term. It’s a political one.

non binary and transwoman are not medical terms either, so no surprise with this. Nonetheless with offspring getting killed in abortion in their thousands, your silly word games have met with the contempt they deserve

So what? What does that have to do with abortion?

I love when abortion supporters get all pedantic when discussion abortion with pro-lifers. "Well, actually, that term you are using is not a medical term."

So? How does that effect the point?

Amazing - no dumbass defenders?

Bueller?
Allow me.

He's not using proper terminology, but she's wrong. You'll have to forgive me for citing the rabid right wing site NPR but he is describing, in layman's terms dilation and extraction:

Two abortion physicians, one in Ohio and one in California, independently developed variations on the method by extracting the fetus intact. The Ohio physician, Martin Haskell, called his method "dilation and extraction," or D&X. It involved dilating the woman's cervix, then pulling the fetus through it feet first until only the head remained inside. Using scissors or another sharp instrument, the head was then punctured, and the skull compressed, so it, too, could fit through the dilated cervix.

As someone who thinks that the availability and non-stigmatisation of reasonably regulated medical abortion is essential for the health and well being of young women, and who has extensive experience with the issue professionally, I think this sort of sneering you are engaging in is apalling and destructive.

Is that "dumbass" enough for you?

Allow me.

He's not using proper terminology, but she's wrong. You'll have to forgive me for citing the rabid right wing site NPR but he is describing, in layman's terms dilation and extraction:

As someone who thinks that the availability and non-stigmatization of reasonably regulated medical abortion is essential for the health and wellbeing of young women,
If by "medical abortion" you mean "abortion medically necessary to save the life of the mother" fine. Outside of those rare cases, what about the child of the woman? Do you care about the wellbeing of her child? Why should we only care about the wellbeing of the woman? Why should we not care about the wellbeing of her child?
and who has extensive experience with the issue professionally, I think this sort of sneering you are engaging in is appalling and destructive.
Why?

If by "medical abortion" you mean "abortion medically necessary to save the life of the mother" fine.

I really don't want to get into how that should be defined. I do think its more than that, although I also think that abortion-as-birth-control is a moral evil. The interaction between public policy, law and medicine is pretty complicated and a public forum like this is a terrible place to talk about that. No offense.

Outside of those rare cases, what about the child of the woman? Do you care about the wellbeing of her child? Why should we only care about the wellbeing of the woman? Why should we not care about the wellbeing of her child?

Of course we should care about the child. But (for instance) how does one care for a baby that has a congenital defect that will make their lives short and brutal? I think there are a variety of valid opinions on that.

Because I think the casual acceptance of abortion and in fact some of the processes of abortion are dehumanising. I'm an atheist, but I think respect for the human form and body is necessary for a healthy, free and open society.

He is a chiropractor, not a medical doctor. Fortunately, this amendment did not pass.

DCM

The DCM stands for Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine.

Funny you play word games and lose at playing word games.

Chiropractic is a sham, like you.
Your claim is what scripture calls, a lie.
I don't know of any NFL teams that don't have at least one DCM

As ignoraties, go, you get an award.

So i listen to my Orthopod friends and the disrespect is not as strong as it used to be.
Our daughter's university track team has a great DCM. Awesome. They have a great medical school. Ofcourse the University doesn't have your hangups. They have also won NCAA national championship. (have you tried out for Special olympics)

On their side, I listen to DCM's gunch about unneccessary surgeries. I know some ortho surgeries are not necessary.

I know from the inside what psychologists say about psychiatrists and vice versa.

Same with DCM vs M.D. and also the stigma vs D.O. has pretty much disappeared.

Your claim is what scripture calls, a lie.
I don't know of any NFL teams that don't have at least one DCM

As ignoraties, go, you get an award.

So i listen to my Orthopod friends and the disrespect is not as strong as it used to be.
Our daughter's university track team has a great DCM. Awesome. They have a great medical school. Ofcourse the University doesn't have your hangups. They have also won NCAA national championship. (have you tried out for Special olympics)

On their side, I listen to DCM's gunch about unneccessary surgeries. I know some ortho surgeries are not necessary.

I know from the inside what psychologists say about psychiatrists and vice versa.

Same with DCM vs M.D. and also the stigma vs D.O. has pretty much disappeared.
Blah, blah, blah.

Defending quack 'med' from Cap'n Foreskin Flayer.

Well the UK will shortly have a vote on decriminalising abortion. This follows the refusal to prosecute a woman who aborted after 24 weeks.
Those who have argued for limits due to sentience or survivability to justify the 24 week limit will no doubt simply abandon them.

This shows they never really meant it in the first place.

Back