Lazarus or Prodigal son

PeanutGallery

Would the following passage reflect physically dead Lazarus or spiritually dead prodigal son?

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Would the following passage reflect physically dead Lazarus or spiritually dead prodigal son?

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
The redeemed.

Prodigal son.

Good one ☝️

Luke 15:24 . . For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is
found.

Luke 15:32 . . for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and
is found.

1) Both those statements indicate the wandering son was reckoned alive while he
remained at home.

2) Apparently he departed with no intention of ever returning; and while gone
deliberately stayed out of touch. I rather suspect the son disowned his family, but as
to why he would do that I don't know.
_

As far as Lazarus goes, he was a close friend of Jesus. So I don't see any correlation between this passage and him.

The prodigal son however....

Yeah. I can see that.
He was living a natural life (dead to the awareness of his father's love for him, and actually broke his father's heart by his request for his inheritance before the father's death). Ephesians 2:1

He got what he thought he wanted and took off, to live a pleasure-filled life. Ephesians 2:2-3

Once he ran out of money, he got stuck in the consequences of his life.

He started remembering the life he had growing up, the life of his father's servants and then asked himself that question...

I wonder if my father would take me as a hired servant. At least then I could eat, and have a place to sleep.

He got up, and went home.

So.... yeah. That works.

Back