Lazarus ....!

That's a good question. I would understand like chosen TO BE in Him. Granted to be is not in the text.
Do you understand the other side of this where its difficult to understand how a person who doesn't exist can be in Him ?

I think this is where the disconnect is between both sides.

True. Whatever it is it occurs from the foundation of the world and its God doing the choosing
I am shocked that you as a Calvinist would say that. Election is the bread and butter doctrine for all Calvinists! We had several discussions on election and now you say that?

Chosen. Everyone chosen will be saved. Every single one.
Are you saying that you were saved before creation or when you believed and trusted in Christ as your Lord and Savior ?

Acts 16:31
They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”

No kidding.

We are chosen in Him before the foundation of the world.
Ephesians 1:4
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.

The choosing is for the purpose above would you agree ?

What does that mean to you ?

And lets not forget the purpose above in conjunction with this below

Ephesians 1:13-14
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 1:4
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.

The choosing is for the purpose above would you agree ?

What does that mean to you ?
I would. The disagreement is the basis for God's choice in the first place right?

Back