Leaving the Roman Catholic Church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there are my family members who are in heaven that I love but I do not talk with them. I will have my opportunity when I get there some day. Again let me remind you of; Our prayers and petitions are to be presented to God for only He is omnipresent and hears all our prayers. Saints do not have that capability.

Philippians 4:6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

2 Samuel 12:23

But now the baby is dead, so why should I refuse to eat? Can I bring the baby back to life? No. Some day I will go to him, but he cannot come back to me.”.

Its the same thing with the saints in heaven.
You do not know what capabilities the saints in heaven have.
“That eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man, what things God hath prepared for them that love him." 1 Cor 2:9

And, what? Who said they were? I do not love Mary and the saints becasue I think from them I receive life, I love them becasue they are my brothers and sisters. They are my family.

No argument. Of course. Who denied this?

What does this have to do with anything? When did I deny the above? When did I suggest otherwise?

And what? When did I suggest that the spirit of mary or any saint was sent forth to my heart?

And....what?

The question, once again, you failed to answer was "Why does abiding in Christ rule you devotion to Mary and the saints?"

Why can't I love Christ, and worship Christ alone, yet love and be devoted to the family of Christ?

Explain to me why everything has to be zero sum and one dimensional in your theology. Where does the Bible teach that Christian living is zero-sum and one dimensional?

You don't even know your own religion romish - actually your responses sound as if you believe you are a religion unto yourself. When you find that the TRUTH has worked you into a corner again, as it always does, you just respond by making inane accusations and remarks one right after another - what a give away those always are - quite laughable actually!

No He doesn't. You have misinterpreted the Exodus passage. He commands against worshiping false gods.

Exodus 20:4-5
You shall not make for yourself an image
in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them;

Humans are creation. Angels are creation. Everything in the heavens, on the earth, or in the seas is creation. If a person worships anything other than God alone; doesn't matter what it is... that person, angel or thing becomes an idol to the person who is worshiping the person, angel or thing.

And what you quoted is telling ALL of creation to worship God only. Reread the passages again, there is NOTHING in those passages that permit you or even give you an excuse to worship humans, angels or anything in the heavens, on the earth, or in the seas. As soon as a person begins exalting anything, other than God, he or she is practicing idolatry, period. It is giving the glory to other things God created, that rightfully belong to God alone. Only He is worthy of our praise, worship and honor. Nothing else.

From verse 57 to 88, of your rc version, the passages you quoted is telling ALL of creation, to praise and worship God, nothing in any of those passages even hint at excusing worship of other things... All the things listed in those passages, were told to worship God.

Daniel 3:57-59 (New Revised Standard Catholic Version)
“Bless the Lord, all you works of the Lord;
sing praise to him and highly exalt him forever.

God created ALL things, which is His work. The verse is telling ALL creation to bless the Lord, and exalt him. Nothing about you praising creation.

Bless the Lord, you heavens;

The above is telling the heavens to praise and exalt the Lord.

Bless the Lord, you angels of the Lord;

The above is telling the angels to worship the Lord.

Last edited:
And what? When did I suggest that the spirit of mary or any saint was sent forth to my heart?
Romish, pay close attention now, to know the answer to your quaint question in which you asked . . . "And what?" Here's what romish, . . . . To the vine it owes its right of place in the vineyard, its life and its fruitfulness." Do you understand "and what" now, romish? Does that have any meaning in Roman Catholicism for you?

The question, once again, you failed to answer was "Why does abiding in Christ rule you devotion to Mary and the saints?"
No, romish, the question was answered when it was first posted, but being the Roman Catholic Church's authoritarian that you think you are, you must have missed it, just like you do everything else.

And so, the Lord Jesus says, "Without Me you can do nothing."
Just for your clarification romish, Christ is talking about Himself there - not about you.

Why can't I love Christ, and worship Christ alone, yet love and be devoted to the family of Christ?
Each day the believer in Christ Jesus, can be pleasing to God romish, only in that which the believer does through the power of Christ dwelling in him. Now, if you have a problem with your sole focus being on HIM alone, then you need to take it up with Him in prayer - you do believe in prayer don't you?

Explain to me why everything has to be zero sum and one dimensional in your theology. Where does the Bible teach that Christian living is zero-sum and one dimensional?
The daily filling of the life-sap of the Holy Spirit romish, is the believers only power to bring forth fruit. The believer lives in Christ Jesus alone and is for each moment dependent on Him alone.

You don't even know your own religion romish - actually your responses sound as if you believe you are a religion unto yourself. When you find that the TRUTH has worked you into a corner again, as it always does, you just respond by making inane accusations and remarks one right after another - what a give away those always are - quite laughable actually!
Why can't I love and worship Christ and be devoted to Mary and the saints? Why is Christian love zero-sum and one dimensional?

That is the question I asked. Your response above is just another way of saying "Because I said so."

The daily filling of the life-sap of the Holy Spirit romish, is the believers only power to bring forth fruit. The believer lives in Christ Jesus alone and is for each moment dependent on Him alone.
Again, WHY does that entail that Christian LOVE is ZERO SUM? You have no answer for this.

No, romish, the question was answered when it was first posted, but being the Roman Catholic Church's authoritarian that you think you are, you must have missed it, just like you do everything else.

And so, the Lord Jesus says, "Without Me you can do nothing."
Just for your clarification romish, Christ is talking about Himself there - not about you.
And this has WHAT to do with devotion to Mary and the saints?

Romish, pay close attention now, to know the answer to your quaint question in which you asked . . . "And what?" Here's what romish, . . . . To the vine it owes its right of place in the vineyard, its life and its fruitfulness." Do you understand "and what" now, romish? Does that have any meaning in Roman Catholicism for you?
No, I do not understand what, now.

I agree with you when you speak of Christ alone, salvation through Christ alone, etc.

What you aren't explaining is what that has to do with devotion to Mary and the saints.

No, I do not understand what, now.

I agree with you when you speak of Christ alone, salvation through Christ alone, etc.

What you aren't explaining is what that has to do with devotion to Mary and the saints.
If the Word of God doesn't explain to you Jesus' own words in John 15: 4 saying: "Abide in Me" then you are hopelessly obtuse. Whats to explain romish? Abide in Me is not a call for any devotion to "Mary and the saints."

If the Word of God doesn't explain to you Jesus' own words in John 15: 4 saying: "Abide in Me" then you are hopelessly obtuse. Whats to explain romish? Abide in Me is not a call for any devotion to "Mary and the saints."
Do you not get it?

I am not arguing with Jesus words about "abiding in Me." I have no dispute with that. I agree, I believe it.

What I do not understand, and what you are not explaining is what "Abide in Me" has to do with devotion to the saints and Mary. Why is devotion to the saints in Mary opposed to the statement "Abide in Me?" When did I suggest that we should abide in the saints and Mary?

No He doesn't. You have misinterpreted the Exodus passage. He commands against worshiping false gods.

Dan 3:
57 “Bless the Lord, all you works of the Lord;
58 Bless the Lord, you heavens;
59 Bless the Lord, you angels of the Lord;
60 Bless the Lord, all you waters above the heavens;
61 Bless the Lord, all you powers of the Lord;
62 Bless the Lord, sun and moon;
63 Bless the Lord, stars of heaven;

64 “Bless the Lord, all rain and dew;
65 Bless the Lord, all you winds;
66 Bless the Lord, fire and heat;
67 Bless the Lord, winter cold and summer heat;
68 Bless the Lord, dews and falling snow;
69 Bless the Lord, ice and cold;
70 Bless the Lord, frosts and snows;
71 Bless the Lord, nights and days;
72 Bless the Lord, light and darkness;
73 Bless the Lord, lightnings and clouds;

74 “Let the earth bless the Lord;
let it sing praise to him and highly exalt him forever.
75 Bless the Lord, mountains and hills;
76 Bless the Lord, all that grows in the ground;
77 Bless the Lord, you springs;
78 Bless the Lord, seas and rivers;
79 Bless the Lord, you whales and all that swim in the waters;
80 Bless the Lord, all birds of the air;
81 Bless the Lord, all wild animals and cattle;

82 “Bless the Lord, all people on earth;
83 Bless the Lord, O Israel;
84 Bless the Lord, you priests of the Lord;
85 Bless the Lord, you servants of the Lord;
86 Bless the Lord, spirits and souls of the righteous;
87 Bless the Lord, you who are holy and humble in heart;
Sure God does! But humans, even disciples and Jesus' mother, are not gods in any way, shape or form!

So, you quote this, which is fine...but what about all of those prayers some Catholics direct to Mary, praising her, beseeching her for help and even salvation? Like one of diLiguori's prayers to Mary, where he calls her the only hope for sinners?? Where he shamelessly flatters her? (Come to think of it, he does that in a lot of his prayers to her). Why, once he told her (or he may have been quoting another Catholic theologian), that Jesus' blood will be of no effect to someone unless Mary first recommends him to her Son! What blasphemy! And yet, some on here have actually defended diLiguori and what he wrote! Shameful!

Last edited:
I don't understand:

Why does abiding fellowship in Christ rule out devotion to the saints and Mary? You said devotion is praying to them but according to Gods Word you are guilty of idolatry Phillippian 4:6 ,Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back