Leaving...

Gryllus Maior

I thought I posted this earlier but apparently it didn't go through. I will no longer participate in this forum. Why?

1) The same subjects, post over and over, ad infinitum ad nauseam.
2) I'm tired of being lectured in Greek by people who don't even have minimal competence in the language.
3) I decided to stay on to correct the multitude of errors presented by said individuals. It does not good, and nobody is really listening who could profit. Somebody else can tilt at that windmill.
4) Most importantly, increased responsibilities in other sectors of life.

The Weekend Papyrus is also on B-Greek and on Facebook, if anybody will miss it.

You’re absolutely right. Trying to interact with him does nothing but further his delusion. He really thinks he’s the most capable person in the world, and he hasn’t completed a single course in Greek or Hebrew and has no relevant education. It’s a waste of time. Anyone who listens to him is already lost. I came back for this week or so, and I’m already regretting it. I’m going with you.

Roger Thornhill

I thought I posted this earlier but apparently it didn't go through. I will no longer participate in this forum. Why?

2) I'm tired of being lectured in Greek by people who don't even have minimal competence in the language.
3) I decided to stay on to correct the multitude of errors presented by said individuals. It does not good, and nobody is really listening who could profit. Somebody else can tilt at that windmill.

The Weekend Papyrus is also on B-Greek and on Facebook, if anybody will miss it.
it went through. It was removed by a moderator. In this version #3 is changed.

The Real John Milton

I would take serious issue with this. Anyone can go through your posts at Carm. to quickly discern that you rarely explain your biblical claims or expound upon them in detail when questioned, let alone correct them. And some of your blanket assertions are downright bizarre. You make a far out assertion, and expect people to simply follow your conclusion, even when you are dead wrong. For instance, right at John 1:1b you go wrong. You deny that τὸν Θεόν ("God") here is the Father. This is quite wrong and delusional, yet you are convinced that it is true and are offended when people disagree with you .

froggy

I would take serious issue with this. Anyone can go through your posts at Carm. to quickly discern that you rarely explain your biblical claims or expound upon them in detail when questioned, let alone correct them. And some of your blanket assertions are downright bizarre. You make a far out assertion, and expect people to simply follow your conclusion, even when you are dead wrong. For instance, right at John 1:1b you go wrong. You deny that τὸν Θεόν ("God") here is the Father. This is quite wrong and delusional, yet you are convinced that it is true and are offended when people disagree with you .
No one with any credibility wants to interact with you. You are disrespectful and quite honestly, a total waste of time.

froggy

I do not blame you. Good luck

The Real John Milton

No one with any credibility wants to interact with you. You are disrespectful and quite honestly, a total waste of time.

You're not going to get "respect" from me if you deny the existence of God (Trapeza) or try telling me that τὸν Θεόν in John 1:1b is not the Father (Gryllus) , etc.

The Real John Milton

Τίνι δὲ ὁμοιώσω τὴν γενεὰν ταύτην; ὁμοία ἐστὶν παιδίοις καθημένοις ἐν ταῖς ἀγοραῖς ἃ προσφωνοῦντα τοῖς ἑτέροις λέγουσιν Ηὐλήσαμεν ὑμῖν καὶ οὐκ ὠρχήσασθε· ἐθρηνήσαμεν καὶ οὐκ ἐκόψασθε·

Roger Thornhill

Τίνι δὲ ὁμοιώσω τὴν γενεὰν ταύτην; ὁμοία ἐστὶν παιδίοις καθημένοις ἐν ταῖς ἀγοραῖς ἃ προσφωνοῦντα τοῖς ἑτέροις λέγουσιν Ηὐλήσαμεν ὑμῖν καὶ οὐκ ὠρχήσασθε· ἐθρηνήσαμεν καὶ οὐκ ἐκόψασθε·
I love that verse.

The Real John Milton

You’re absolutely right. Trying to interact with him does nothing but further his delusion. He really thinks he’s the most capable person in the world, and he hasn’t completed a single course in Greek or Hebrew and has no relevant education. It’s a waste of time. Anyone who listens to him is already lost. I came back for this week or so, and I’m already regretting it. I’m going with you.

I always thought that Hillary Clinton hit a raw nerve when she called losers from the Bible Belt “a basket of deplorables.” 😀 A lot of them are just that — conspiracy loving bums, physically and mentally unfit, barely working ( and/or perpetually on the Dole), even those who have migrated to foreign lands.

The Real John Milton

@froggy he called you a clown. Are you a clown tree frog?
Are you a clown enthusiast by any chance ? 😀 I didn’t know clown frogs existed. All I know is that they are considered to be unclean creatures in the bible [not surprisingly] but beloved in occult circles.

By the way, the only reference to a Trinity of “persons” in the bible involves frogs:
Καὶ εἶδον ἐκ τοῦ στόματος τοῦ δράκοντος καὶ ἐκ τοῦ στόματος τοῦ θηρίου καὶ ἐκ τοῦ στόματος τοῦ ψευδοπροφήτου πνεύματα τρία ἀκάθαρτα ὡς βάτραχοι·