Leaving...

Roger Thornhill

Those are good. One of my favorites is from Dan Wallace's grammar. It shows how to identify the kinds of Greek individualizing article.
Froggy, I hope you have not croaked! You like charts and you like Greek. What do you think of Wallace's chart on the types of individualizing article?

They are very important in interpretation of Greek and can almost always help identify who the author identifies with a title when their is more than one choice.

froggy

Froggy, I hope you have not croaked! You like charts and you like Greek. What do you think of Wallace's chart on the types of individualizing article?

They are very important in interpretation of Greek and can almost always help identify who the author identifies with a title when their is more than one choice.
I have decided to leave CARM as well. Good luck with your heresy

rossh

I would take serious issue with this. Anyone can go through your posts at Carm. to quickly discern that you rarely explain your biblical claims or expound upon them in detail when questioned, let alone correct them. And some of your blanket assertions are downright bizarre. You make a far out assertion, and expect people to simply follow your conclusion, even when you are dead wrong. For instance, right at John 1:1b you go wrong. You deny that τὸν Θεόν ("God") here is the Father. This is quite wrong and delusional, yet you are convinced that it is true and are offended when people disagree with you .
so who is perfect ? Remember that God speaks all languages and it is only the RCC that " claims " that Greek is relevant yet they still use Latin, huh ? a pure pagan language to start with.

John 1:
In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 All things came to be through him,
and without him nothing made had being.
4 In him was life,
and the life was the light of mankind.
5 The light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness has not suppressed it...

The word " father " is NOT there !!!!!!!! You miss the word " beginning " which is the emphasis!
This is also written 2000 years ago when 90% of the world did not " read ".. and or had no books ?
Isa 46:
8 Remember this, and stand firm.
Keep it in mind, you rebels.
9 “Remember things that happened
at the beginning, long ago —
that I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.
10 At the beginning I announce the end,
proclaim in advance things not yet done;

and I say that my plan will hold,
I will do everything I please to do.
11 I call a bird of prey from the east,
the man I intended, from a distant country.
I have spoken and will bring it about;
I have made a plan, and I will fulfill it.
12 Listen to me, you stubborn people,
so far from righteousness:
13 I am bringing my justice nearer,
it is not far away;
my salvation will not be delayed,
I will place my salvation in Tziyon
for Isra’el my glory.

Roger Thornhill

I have decided to leave CARM as well. Good luck with your heresy
Well, if you are going to be that way I am going to hit you below the belt with the prime directive.

1 Pr 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

You must be ready always to give an answer and not flee like @Gryllus Maior.