Leftists discard objectivity.

Hey Harry. I may have been a bit knee-jerk on this one considering the Title of the article and the fact that it was posted by Furry.
The issue is that they aren't just reporting on the freezing point of water. Most news isn't as cut and dried as that. I think the perceived issue is that the news was presented from a white male point of view. So it wasn't so much that the news was incorrect or overtly biased but that it was what was deemed newsworthy by people in that stratum of society and the details that impacted them.
By broadening the points of view they draw from, these News agencies are looking to present a more complete picture.
News isn't about a point of view. It's about facts. Opinion is about a point of view.

The problem with journalism today is two-fold: too many stupid people graduating colleges and universities with the subjective opinion they are really, really smart, and the cancer of advocacy journalism journalists pawning off their woke opinions as factual news. It's not factual news.

Actually leftists inform me that there is right wing bias while the right claims left wing bias. The bias is usually toward whatever serves the owners interests.
That's it's not journalism, it's blogging.

What has that to do with you crying about the announced discarding of "objective" reporting? If you never thought they were unbiased what is your point.
Is it that if they no longer claim to be unbiased you can't rail at them for not being objective?
No, it's that they are bloggers masquerading as journalists.

They do when they report the facts -- who, what, when, where, why.
What facts? Would your read a newspaper that was a simple balance sheet of events? As soon as you ask "why" you are asking a reporter to evaluate an event or provide someone else's evaluation. Any evaluation includes unconscious bias.
Their bias also affects the very facts they report. One white kid shot in a drive-by as opposed to 10 instances of black kids suffering the same. Which do you think gets reported? If you think they all get reported equally, you are deluded.

News isn't about a point of view. It's about facts. Opinion is about a point of view.

The problem with journalism today is two-fold: too many stupid people graduating colleges and universities with the subjective opinion they are really, really smart, and the cancer of advocacy journalism journalists pawning off their woke opinions as factual news. It's not factual news.
News may not be about a point of view but it can't escape being reported from one.

If you never thought they were unbiased what is your point.
Seems to me at times you see clearly, then your bias kicks in and you lash out.
Is it that if they no longer claim to be unbiased you can't rail at them for not being objective?
Almost but not exactly.

When these leftist propaganda rags start talking about bias and objectivity, now you know they can take sycophant people and turn them around to agitate for bias, like they did with you.

Seems to me at times you see clearly, then your bias kicks in and you lash out.

Almost but not exactly.

When these leftist propaganda rags start talking about bias and objectivity, now you know they can take sycophant people and turn them around to agitate for bias, like they did with you.
Sorry, I think you still miss the point.
Where have I agitated for bias?

Back