Legal authorization and consent form for abortions

BMS

Not confused at all. Once again your fabled mind-reading powers let you down. Disagreeing with you on a subject does not equal being confused. It is merely pointing out your own bewildered disconnect with reality.
Most certainly confused as detailed. The man is male with XY chromosomes and male anatomy and male reproductive organs. So a man cant be a woman. If you call a man a woman just because he identifies as one then you dont know what a woman is and so we cant debate with you.

Temujin

On the contrary you are free to post your baseless feelings, my point is you cant debae with them. Let me repeat. I know what the abortion laws are around the world, and I know you like the UK ones.
I am arguing those laws including the UK are wrong.
Now, the human being IS killed in pro-choice abortion and so fae all you have presented in support of that is that you dont consider the human being in the womb viable enough, that it cant be called a person, and that most laws are in line with that, albeit they are based on more subjective criteria.
Not at all.convincing.
You are entitled to your own opinion. You are entitled not to be convinced by the moral, medical and social reasons given by authorities justifying abortion legislation. You are entitled to your opinion that the objective evidence doesn't exist and that your personal feelings are more important than the personal feelings of other people. You are even entitled to think that a pregnant woman is less important or worthy than the embryo within her that no one is even aware exists yet. None of these entitlements give your opinions or feelings or thoughts any validity, relevance, moral significance or credibility; all of which they lack.

Temujin

Most certainly confused as detailed. The man is male with XY chromosomes and male anatomy and male reproductive organs. So a man cant be a woman. If you call a man a woman just because he identifies as one then you dont know what a woman is and so we cant debate with you.
Irrelevant to this thread. Try to keep up.

BMS

You are entitled to your own opinion. You are entitled not to be convinced by the moral, medical and social reasons given by authorities justifying abortion legislation. You are entitled to your opinion that the objective evidence doesn't exist and that your personal feelings are more important than the personal feelings of other people. You are even entitled to think that a pregnant woman is less important or worthy than the embryo within her that no one is even aware exists yet. None of these entitlements give your opinions or feelings or thoughts any validity, relevance, moral significance or credibility; all of which they lack.
Everyone has their own opinions but some of them like yours are dangerous fanatasy

BMS

Irrelevant to this thread. Try to keep up.
Irrelevant to the thread. Its the mother who gestates the offspring in the womb. The mother is a woman not a man. As you think a man can be a woman if he identifies himself as one, as you do, then anything you say about abortion is suspect, which it is.

Temujin

Irrelevant to the thread. Its the mother who gestates the offspring in the womb. The mother is a woman not a man. As you think a man can be a woman if he identifies himself as one, as you do, then anything you say about abortion is suspect, which it is.
For the purpose of the thread, the gender of the pregnant person is completely irrelevant. For an abortion to take place, you first need a pregnant person their gender, or your opinion about their gender is irrelevant. All that counts is that there is a pregnancy in place and a potential abortion to be discussed.

BMS

For the purpose of the thread, the gender of the pregnant person is completely irrelevant. For an abortion to take place, you first need a pregnant person their gender, or your opinion about their gender is irrelevant. All that counts is that there is a pregnancy in place and a potential abortion to be discussed.
Depends what you mean by pregnant.

BMS

Depends whatnyou.mean by person.

BMS

The mother is a woman. The woman has XX chromosomes and female anatomy and female genitalia. A 12 year old can grasp this reality.

Temujin

Depends what you mean by pregnant.
If you don't know, there are a number of accessible pamphlets and books that can explain it in non-technical language. Many just use diagrams, so you should be able to manage.

Temujin

The mother is a woman. The woman has XX chromosomes and female anatomy and female genitalia. A 12 year old can grasp this reality.
A 12 year old could grasp the reality that it is completely irrelevant to this thread. Not you though, seemingly.

BMS

I have explained what I mean by person. I am content to use the definition you gave yourself, a human being regarded as an individual.
Yes and your explanation is faulty, hence your argument here is built on shifting sand

BMS

In your subjective, and in my view faulty, opinion. That's all you have, your opinion.
Only opinion about the use of a word, the human being in the womb suffers because you dont like attributing the word 'person' to it

Temujin

Only opinion about the use of a word, the human being in the womb suffers because you dont like attributing the word 'person' to it
Actually, there is debate about if it does suffer. Certainly not in the case of early abortion which is of course preferable for a great many reasons. In any event, any theoretical suffering is moot when compared with the actual suffering of the actual person bearing it.

I should add that my opinion, just like yours, has no weight whatsoever. Greater minds than yours and mine have pondered this issue, and in the case of the UK, settled it 60 years ago. You attributing the status quo to my opinion is greatly exaggerating my power and influence.

BMS

Actually, there is debate about if it does suffer.
But irrelevant, and not the point put to you. Your tap dancing doesnt work

Greater minds than yours and mine have pondered this issue, and in the case of the UK, settled it 60 years ago.
And we saw Lord Steel and the politcians at the time never intended or envisaged what we have now, such as 'my body my choice' that you support.

But yes greater minds than yours i will accept. What I don't accept is no repeated evidence presented to you has any effect on your blind ideology.

Temujin

But irrelevant, and not the point put to you. Your tap dancing doesnt work
Exactly the point put to me, unless you mean a different pint, put several posts ago, that has already been vaporised several times.

And we saw Lord Steel and the politcians at the time never intended or envisaged what we have now, such as 'my body my choice' that you support.
This article is over 14 years old. Are you really that desperate?

But yes greater minds than yours i will accept.
But not yours?
Arrogance much?
What I don't accept is no repeated evidence presented to you has any effect on your blind ideology.
Well as there has been no evidence, let alone repeated evidence, your hypothesis is untested. Let's try it out. Try posting some evidence that isn't just your opinion. An official source stating that the unborn human is a person perhaps. Or maybe a statute declaring that even if a woman meets the legal criteria for an abortion, the decision of whether she undergoes the procedure or not will be forced on her without a choice.

BMS

Exactly the point put to me, unless you mean a different pint, put several posts ago, that has already been vaporised several times.
How? The point put to you was that the human being in the womb is the human being in the womb whether I call it a person or you don't. The difference therefore is your use of the word person. As to when the human being can feel pain, and therefore whether it suffers is a subsequent point you have just made, hence your tap dancing. As to your subsequent point, Most of the research I have seen says the baby or foetus can feel pain at 20 weeks, which doesn't help your defence of the UK abortion up to 24 weeks. So what is the point of your tap dancing?

This article is over 14 years old. Are you really that desperate?
You are desperate... unless you have any statements to the contrary from him. Lets see them Temujin seeing as you keep spouting these claims.

Arrogance much?
On the contrary, you got caught out. You cited those who made the 1967 law and when I quoted what they have subsequently said to undermine your claims, you dont like it