Legalism

Buzzard

There will be both Sunday worshipers and Sabbath keepers in heaven my friend.....count on it.
well, there will be some ex-1st day people as part of the bride;
That is guaranteed;

2Cor. 11:1
]The Chosen Bride, Espoused to the Promised Son

----- The Corinthians ------
Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly:
and indeed bear with me.

2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy:
for I have espoused you to one husband,
that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ

But they are not the SDA's

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV 2C 10:13 But we will not boast of things without [our] measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you.
... The point is not to judge. I can tell you about the Sabbath, and you can tell me about the Lord's Day (which He said was the Sabbath, by the way) and that's okay. ...
AV Re 14:6-7 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

It is our ministry to warn people of a coming judgment hour is now. And what GOD will use for "the measure of the rule" in that judgment.

Yours in Christ, Michael

e v e

Prologue:
AV Mt 22:35-40 Then one of them, [which was] a lawyer, asked [him a question], tempting him, and saying, 36 Master, which [is] the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

AV Ro 6:12-13 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.

"Give me your definition", When doing works/actions, from the authority of GOD and/or from the authority of man, dictates works/actions that supersedes actions from GOD's Love and/or from GOD's Truth and/or from man's love.

"a hypothetical example of something you'd consider legalism":
AV Mk 7:6-7 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with [their] lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

Source of authority leading to legalism is "teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men" supersedes actions of "they worship me" for Love to GOD, and GOD's Truth in commandments.

Legalism in Prophecy:
Works/actions in Sunday Laws, and the Sunday Law Death decree, as the authority of man, supersedes actions from GOD's "my holy day".

Yours in Christ, Michael
this body itself = sin...

SDAchristian

this body itself = sin...
AV Hb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.

Not Jesus' body.

The GODhead is waiting for the 144,000 to be ready to live before GOD without Jesus' intersession for sin.

There are more discussion points though.

Yours in Christ, Michael

e v e

AV Hb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.

Not Jesus' body.

The GODhead is waiting for the 144,000 to be ready to live before GOD without Jesus' intersession for sin.

There are more discussion points though.

Yours in Christ, Michael
the theme now is the Covenant of God which is for the 144k.

JonHawk

Legalism. What is it? Give me your definition and a hypothetical example of something you'd consider legalism. I'm looking to garner a consensus, so please feel free to agree with someone else's definition/example, or provide your own.

Thanks!
Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says? For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise.

e v e

Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says? For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise.
and romans 8:2...

the law is either His Law and Promise which is to return to Eden (the promised land played out in the OT as a type)
or
the law of sin and death (this world and this flesh)

Romans 8 : 2
By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

JonHawk

and romans 8:2...

the law is either His Law and Promise which is to return to Eden (the promised land played out in the OT as a type)
or
the law of sin and death (this world and this flesh)

Romans 8 : 2
By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.
Because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith.

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Lk 23:40-43 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. 42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Many will ask Jesus for eternal life, but will they have a witness of Jesus, "but this man hath done nothing amiss" ???

AV 1C 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Paul's version for self professed Christians, in communion.

Did Jesus sin/"amiss", in the definition of sin in NT/NC ???
Because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith.
AV Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity{G458 anomia}.

Many will lose salvation because they can not identify sin, that Jesus would have forgiven, when confessed to Jesus, and stopped from 'work'ing them.

Check Question:
AV Mt 6:14-15 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Given someone knows what GOD expects: Can GOD give eternal life for an un-confessed known 'spirit of sin' in sin ???

AV 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

"through faith", In what then ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Is the Decalogue a promise to GOD's people, regardless of covenant ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

Is the Decalogue a promise to GOD's people, regardless of covenant ???
What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.

If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:29

JonHawk

AV 1C 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

AV Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity{G458 anomia}.

Many will lose salvation because they can not identify sin, that Jesus would have forgiven, when confessed to Jesus, and stopped from 'work'ing them.
But whoever practices the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

You know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

SDAchristian

But whoever practices the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
You know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.
AV 1Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
AV 1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
AV 1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

For some here, these verses goes over their understanding of what Jesus is, to all of us.

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

AV 1Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
AV 1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
AV 1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

For some here, these verses goes over their understanding of what Jesus is, to all of us.

Yours in Christ, Michael
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, 1 Peter 3:18

JonHawk

The law does not set aside the covenant established by God and thus do away with the promise in Christ.

no the Decalogue is the covenant
You're as confused as in your former times.

For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.

Formersda

The law does not set aside the covenant established by God and thus do away with the promise in Christ.

For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.
What do you mean for all the promises of God in Him are yes? What does that actually mean?

Formersda

The Law is the covenant the mosaic covenant.

JonHawk

The Law is the covenant the mosaic covenant.
Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward, 6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are...(Heb 3)