Legalism

JonHawk

What do you mean for all the promises of God in Him are yes? What does that actually mean?
It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” (1 Cor 1)

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Ga 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught [it], but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

AV Ro 13:8-10 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

What does Paul know, that many do not ???

Would Paul's corollary, applied to the rest of the Decalogue, to "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind." ??? Would Holy Spirit filled Christians would recognize this ???
no the Decalogue is the covenant
Your scripture support for this statement, Please ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

Prologue:
AV Ga 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught [it], but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

AV Ro 13:8-10 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

What does Paul know, that many do not ???
That there is only one gospel.

Paul, sent by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead— and all the brothers and sisters with me,

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to save us from the present corrupt age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. (Gal 1)

Be saved from this corrupt generation. (Acts 2:40)

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Mk 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; 2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
That there is only one gospel.
AV Hb 4:1-3 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left [us] of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard [it]. 3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

And "faith" still divides, the haves from the have nots in "the" one "gospel".

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

AV Hb 4:1-3 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left [us] of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them,...
Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone.
33 As it is written:

“See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes people to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall....” Rom 9

Now to you who believe, this Stone is marvelous....
For once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; 1 Peter 2

I will praise You,
For You have answered me,
And have become my salvation.
22 The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
23 This was the Lord’s doing;
It is marvelous in our eyes. Ps 118

Last edited:

e v e

Legalism. What is it? Give me your definition and a hypothetical example of something you'd consider legalism. I'm looking to garner a consensus, so please feel free to agree with someone else's definition/example, or provide your own.

Thanks!

He did not create this world and this body. Start there because indeed that represents a legal situation.

JonHawk

Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone.
33 As it is written:

“See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes people to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall....” Rom 9

Now to you who believe, this Stone is marvelous....
For once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; 1 Peter 2

I will praise You,
For You have answered me,
And have become my salvation.
22 The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
23 This was the Lord’s doing;
It is marvelous in our eyes. Ps 118

He did not create this world and this body. Start there because indeed that represents a legal situation.
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation: 16 for by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, Col 1
All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being John 1:1-4

e v e

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation: 16 for by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, Col 1
All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being John 1:1-4
so he created atomic bomb tech and abortion procedures???

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

so he created atomic bomb tech and abortion procedures???
So He granted us newness of life in Christ Jesus.

So just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

e v e

JonHawk said:

So just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
He did not cause that cosmology got corrupted because of adam, and that we live in that cosmology (sin nature, these bodies)..

but yes, He will save His souls from here soon and we will return to Him to His new creation and be saved.

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

did not cause that cosmology got corrupted because of adam, and that we live in that cosmology (sin nature, these bodies)..

but yes, He will save His souls from here soon and we will return to Him to His new creation and be saved.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation; 2 Cor 5

e v e

JonHawk said:

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation; 2 Cor 5
the new creation is when His souls return to Eden, and are Restored to their imperishable original being.

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

the new creation is when His souls return to Eden, and are Restored to their imperishable original being.
It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses...Acts 1

And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him. Acts 5

e v e

JonHawk said:

It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses...Acts 1

And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him. Acts 5
His witnesses are Ishral and Judah, his 144k restored souls raised from the dead too, at the Change, who will return with Him during trib.

as for a time or seasons, I didn't give any dates... His witnesses are in their glorified body. That hasn't happened yet.

JonHawk

Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
witnesses are Ishral and Judah, his 144k restored souls raised from the dead too, at the Change, who will return with Him during trib.

as for a time or seasons, I didn't give any dates... His witnesses are in their glorified body. That hasn't happened yet.
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?

But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols; 1 Cor 8:6-7

JonHawk

e v e said:
so he created atomic bomb tech and abortion procedures??
Please remember GOD created ALL Truth in Love. Then satan mixed lies in, to make it unloving.

Yours in Christ, Michael
You were promised to be joined to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 2 Cor 11

JonHawk

You were promised to be joined to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 2 Cor 11
He did not create this world ,
see prophets.
Let us know how that works out for you Eve.

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible,...Col 1