Legally but not Spiritually

PeanutGallery

The context of peacemakers isn't about preaching the gospel and repentance toward God. It's part of the beatitudes, which are not all about evangelisation but down-to-earth good living. The meek, merciful and pure in heart are all people (along with peacemakers) who reflect God through their virtue, even if they don't know Him in Christ.
Francis, as Vicar of Christ. says God's virtue will allow unrepentant homosexuals into the kingdom, as long as they are legally married?

PeanutGallery

Francis, as Vicar of Christ. says God's virtue will allow unrepentant homosexuals into the kingdom, as long as they are legally married?
Where did he say that? Can you give me a reference please.
1) It was a question
2) Francis offered no conditions for repentance

jonathan_hili

1) It was a question
2) Francis offered no conditions for repentance
Where is Pope Francis saying anything like "God's virtue will allow unrepentant homosexuals into the kingdom of God, as long as they are legally married"?

Firstly, from a Catholic perspective, people aren't "homosexuals" or "heterosexuals", they're human beings with certain sexual inclinations or attractions. Secondly, the Church clearly teaches that nobody who is unrepentant can be saved.

PeanutGallery

Where is Pope Francis saying anything like "God's virtue will allow unrepentant homosexuals into the kingdom of God, as long as they are legally married"?

Firstly, from a Catholic perspective, people aren't "homosexuals" or "heterosexuals", they're human beings with certain sexual inclinations or attractions. Secondly, the Church clearly teaches that nobody who is unrepentant can be saved.
Where does the Pope, Vicar of Christ, state:
John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

1Thess521

However, I'd like to see some clarity from the Vatican so hopefully some will be forthcoming.
you and everyone else

VATICAN CITY, October 24, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) ― Just a few hours ago, a group of young Catholics gathered in St. Peter’s Square in Rome, asking Pope Francis “for clarity on same-sex unions.” In a documentary released earlier this week, the Holy Father had expressed his support for homosexual civil unions.

Led by Alexander Tschugguel, known as the Pachamama dunker, the young people of Austria’s St. Boniface Institute gathered in St. Peter’s Square today with a banner reading, “Holy Father, we ask for clarity on same-sex unions.”

They were joined by a number of Catholics from other countries who knelt in the piazza, silently praying the rosary together.

""We want to believe that the Holy Father sees everything in the light of the teaching of the Church, but it gets harder for us every day. And we as faithful Catholics don't want to talk behind his back.""
-Alexander Tschugguel

And how is the request for clarity dealt with?

VATICAN CITY (ChurchMilitant.com) - The Vatican has imposed a media blackout after fresh revelations that the pope's approval of gay civil unions in a 2019 interview was censored, only to re-emerge unauthorized in the new Francesco film

Last edited:

jonathan_hili

Where does the Pope, Vicar of Christ, state:
John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
I'm sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about, PG. You made a claim about something Pope Francis said and I'm asking where he said that.

jonathan_hili

you and everyone else

VATICAN CITY, October 24, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) ― Just a few hours ago, a group of young Catholics gathered in St. Peter’s Square in Rome, asking Pope Francis “for clarity on same-sex unions.” In a documentary released earlier this week, the Holy Father had expressed his support for homosexual civil unions.

Led by Alexander Tschugguel, known as the Pachamama dunker, the young people of Austria’s St. Boniface Institute gathered in St. Peter’s Square today with a banner reading, “Holy Father, we ask for clarity on same-sex unions.”

They were joined by a number of Catholics from other countries who knelt in the piazza, silently praying the rosary together.

""We want to believe that the Holy Father sees everything in the light of the teaching of the Church, but it gets harder for us every day. And we as faithful Catholics don't want to talk behind his back.""
-Alexander Tschugguel

And how is the request for clarity dealt with?

VATICAN CITY (ChurchMilitant.com) - The Vatican has imposed a media blackout after fresh revelations that the pope's approval of gay civil unions in a 2019 interview was censored, only to re-emerge unauthorized in the new Francesco film
Pope Francis is very sloppy with theological expression, no doubt. It doesn't help that he's often used outside of context. But, as has been said before, even if Francis is calling for legal recognition of civil unions, it's just his private opinion and is not part of Church teaching (which doesn't really occur through snippets in documentary interviews).

PeanutGallery

Pope Francis is very sloppy with theological expression, no doubt. It doesn't help that he's often used outside of context. But, as has been said before, even if Francis is calling for legal recognition of civil unions, it's just his private opinion and is not part of Church teaching (which doesn't really occur through snippets in documentary interviews).
Are you saying that even you do not know where your Pope is coming from in his statement? God is not the author of confusion, neither should your so-called 'Vicar of Christ'.

jonathan_hili

Are you saying that even you do not know where your Pope is coming from in his statement? God is not the author of confusion, neither should your so-called 'Vicar of Christ'.
Well, Pope Francis isn't God. And when he speaks in interviews - especially when segments are taken out of context, edited and then re-stated differently by the media - sometimes he throws out some wowsers! Interestingly, I was reading a piece of writing by Pope Francis today where he said he sometimes got angry when his words were taken and twisted by the media to mean what he didn't mean. That might be all well and good, but in truth, he can make himself clearer.

PeanutGallery

Okay... so are you saying homosexual people should be kicked out by their families? Or that they aren't "children of God" in the general sense of all human beings?
I'm saying that the Pope, as the so-called Vicar of Christ, needs to speak accordingly:

jonathan_hili

I'm saying that the Pope, as the so-called Vicar of Christ, needs to speak accordingly:
He does teach this. However, we're talking about a short (a couple of minute) snippet taken out of an interview.

jonathan_hili

Can you provide the snippet removed from the interview where the Pope stated go and sin no more?
Nope because I haven't seen the original documentary from which the snippet was taken. The film "Francesco" where that snippet is wasn't the original interview - the interview was from a previous year, part of it extracted and then put into the film.

PeanutGallery

Nope because I haven't seen the original documentary from which the snippet was taken. The film "Francesco" where that snippet is wasn't the original interview - the interview was from a previous year, part of it extracted and then put into the film.
No evidence that the Pope stated go and sin no more in the OP?

jonathan_hili

No evidence that the Pope stated go and sin no more in the OP?
Nope, though I think it's a bit unfair to expect him to say that in 2-3 sentences that were picked out by the director to express a particular point. I mean, I can pick out examples of what Jesus said in 2-3 sentences to make a point and not have him say that either.