Legally but not Spiritually

mica

PeanutGallery said:
At the judgment, will we be judged by what God declared in his inspired word, or will we be judged by Christians' uninspired word?

How is that relevant to the point being made? Your point was outrage that Pope Francis didn't quote the Bible or talk about repentance in two or three sentences extracted from a larger interview.
very relevant. that you don't think so is - well, I can't say it is shocking... it's very much what I would expect from a catholic.

jonathan_hili

very relevant. that you don't think so is - well, I can't say it is shocking... it's very much what I would expect from a catholic.
Do you think it's necessary that at least every 3-4 sentences a minister of God has to mention repentance in every public speech he gives?

mica

But he's not speaking about sin. In the two-three sentences we've seen, he's speaking about not treating people with same-sex attraction as if they're monsters and alienating them.
he wasn't? homosexuality is sin. He had a great opportunity to speak to it but he didn't.

he's not someone I'd want for a spiritual leader or a teacher.

Maybe to a particular brand of Christianity that is fundamentalist and unable to apply complexity to religion and the world.
there aren't 'brands' of Christianity. one either is a Christian or they are not. It isn't about religion or being religious or following men of this world.

Not at all. I've even linked some of Francis's sermons where he speaks about sin and the need for repentance. And yet everyone is up in arms because he utters a few sentences and doesn't mention it.

By the way, I didn't notice anything about and repentance from you in this post. For shame as a Christian!
what does he say about repentance? what is the catholic definition of repentance? what is your definition of repentance? I asked you that already but I haven't seen an answer from you about it. did you post it and I missed it?

what in your post do you think should cause me to post about repentance?

jonathan_hili

he wasn't? homosexuality is sin. He had a great opportunity to speak to it but he didn't.

he's not someone I'd want for a spiritual leader or a teacher.
But the specific topic is about how to treat homosexual family members, especially children (it seems), not the general topic of homosexuality. It's like if you were talking about how to transport an atomic bomb from one military base to another, you wouldn't expect an excursus on the ethics of nuclear warfare.
there aren't 'brands' of Christianity. one either is a Christian or they are not. It isn't about religion or being religious or following men of this world.
Christianity as a religion isn't a monolithic thing and Christians don't all approach issues in the same way. There can be many ways that are legitimate.
what does he say about repentance? what is the catholic definition of repentance? what is your definition of repentance? I asked you that already but I haven't seen an answer from you about it. did you post it and I missed it?
I'll quote the CCC: 1431 Interior repentance is a radical reorientation of our whole life, a return, a conversion to God with all our heart, an end of sin, a turning away from evil, with repugnance toward the evil actions we have committed. At the same time it entails the desire and resolution to change one's life, with hope in God's mercy and trust in the help of his grace. This conversion of heart is accompanied by a salutary pain and sadness which the Fathers called animi cruciatus (affliction of spirit) and compunctio cordis (repentance of heart).
what in your post do you think should cause me to post about repentance?
I was being sarcastic.