Lenny Lego

CrowCross

Just the other day Lenny Lego came home from school and his Grandfather found Lenny sitting in a chair with a puzzled look on his face.
Grand Pa Lego wondering what was wrong with his Grandson came over and sat beside Lenny and asked "Why the perplexed look Lenny?"
In which Lenny replied back with uncertainty, well in school today our science teacher told us that we evolved from a common block ancestor.
Lenny continued with, and that the pictures he showed of extinct LEGO animals proved it. My teacher told us that the similarities of the LEGO animals all but proved we’re all related. He said that because we have the same type of interconnecting blocks which when snapped together form similar feet, bodies and arms prove we are all descendants of an original Lego organism.
Lenny then sat back and after a few seconds looked at his Grand Pa and continued with, and it all seems to make sense to me. Besides the pictures my teacher had models of them all lined up in a row. Each LEGO animal had the same type of feet. Each LEGO animal had the same square blocky head, each LEGO block has the same plug and socket for joining the blocks together... just like us Grand Pa.
Grand Pa Lego then took a deep breath to explain to Lenny the truth behind the evolution of LEGO people when Lenny blurted out with "Grand Pa, where did we come from? Why do we have similar parts? Does this prove we evolved from a common LEGO block?"
In which Grand Pa Lego replied back with, Lenny, we know the history of the first LEGO man. He was created fully formed and complete although Lenny, some will present the argument or a similar argument to us like your science teacher did. The reason why we have such similar body parts is because our Creator used the same style of building blocks. What works for us works for the LEGO cow and the LEGO fish. No matter what is build from the LEGO blocks, they will always be similar. The so-called evolution story is just an attempt to strip our creator of the glory of his work and the magnificent ability to put together his building blocks to serve a useful purpose. Remember LEGO legs should be similar Lenny, whether the building blocks are used for a man, ape, cow, dinosaur, bird, or alligator. The only difference would be the need for a slightly different arrangement of the building blocks to better suite the LEGO animal for their particular environment or lifestyle.
Lenny then smiled as the realization of the truth settled into his block shaped brain. A common creator would use common building blocks when He created life.

Temujin

Just the other day Lenny Lego came home from school and his Grandfather found Lenny sitting in a chair with a puzzled look on his face.
Grand Pa Lego wondering what was wrong with his Grandson came over and sat beside Lenny and asked "Why the perplexed look Lenny?"
In which Lenny replied back with uncertainty, well in school today our science teacher told us that we evolved from a common block ancestor.
Lenny continued with, and that the pictures he showed of extinct LEGO animals proved it. My teacher told us that the similarities of the LEGO animals all but proved we’re all related. He said that because we have the same type of interconnecting blocks which when snapped together form similar feet, bodies and arms prove we are all descendants of an original Lego organism.
Lenny then sat back and after a few seconds looked at his Grand Pa and continued with, and it all seems to make sense to me. Besides the pictures my teacher had models of them all lined up in a row. Each LEGO animal had the same type of feet. Each LEGO animal had the same square blocky head, each LEGO block has the same plug and socket for joining the blocks together... just like us Grand Pa.
Grand Pa Lego then took a deep breath to explain to Lenny the truth behind the evolution of LEGO people when Lenny blurted out with "Grand Pa, where did we come from? Why do we have similar parts? Does this prove we evolved from a common LEGO block?"
In which Grand Pa Lego replied back with, Lenny, we know the history of the first LEGO man. He was created fully formed and complete although Lenny, some will present the argument or a similar argument to us like your science teacher did. The reason why we have such similar body parts is because our Creator used the same style of building blocks. What works for us works for the LEGO cow and the LEGO fish. No matter what is build from the LEGO blocks, they will always be similar. The so-called evolution story is just an attempt to strip our creator of the glory of his work and the magnificent ability to put together his building blocks to serve a useful purpose. Remember LEGO legs should be similar Lenny, whether the building blocks are used for a man, ape, cow, dinosaur, bird, or alligator. The only difference would be the need for a slightly different arrangement of the building blocks to better suite the LEGO animal for their particular environment or lifestyle.
Lenny then smiled as the realization of the truth settled into his block shaped brain. A common creator would use common building blocks when He created life.
An explanation that will satisfy anyone with a block shaped brain. The parody fails on so many levels that it's probably best to leave it on the table to point and laugh at.

Neo

An explanation that will satisfy anyone with a block shaped brain. The parody fails on so many levels that it's probably best to leave it on the table to point and laugh at.
The main concept of the story is true. Similarities in the genome (or in legos) can be interpreted either for evolution or for a common designer. In the case of Legos, observation points to a common designer (humans).

If evolutionists want to reject a designer, then the burden of proof is on them to show how the material realm exists without the need of a creator. The plastic used in Legos is designed by humans.

Thus, the lego men must ask, where did the plastic come from? Likewise, humans must ask, where did matter come from?

Mr Laurier

The main concept of the story is true. Similarities in the genome (or in legos) can be interpreted either for evolution or for a common designer. In the case of Legos, observation points to a common designer (humans).

If evolutionists want to reject a designer, then the burden of proof is on them to show how the material realm exists without the need of a creator. The plastic used in Legos is designed by humans.

Thus, the lego men must ask, where did the plastic come from? Likewise, humans must ask, where did matter come from?
Legos are obviously designed.
Humans are not.
Humans are derived from proto-humans, who are derived from bipedal apes, who are derived from quadrupedal apes.
And so on and so on.

Evolutionists are imaginary boogiemen. Not real.
The carbon in humans was made by stars.

Matter formed when the universe formed, It formed in all parts of the universe.

Neo

Legos are obviously designed.
Humans are not.
Humans are derived from proto-humans, who are derived from bipedal apes, who are derived from quadrupedal apes.
And so on and so on.

Evolutionists are imaginary boogiemen. Not real.
The carbon in humans was made by stars.

Matter formed when the universe formed, It formed in all parts of the universe.
How did the universe form?

Mr Laurier

How did the universe form?
That is not related to evolution.
It is a completely different field of study, called COSMOLOGY. which involved physics, not biology.
You are deliberately trying to muddy the waters with this radical topic change.
Why?

Neo

That is not related to evolution.
It is a completely different field of study, called COSMOLOGY. which involved physics, not biology.
You are deliberately trying to muddy the waters with this radical topic change.
Why?
You stated the universe formed. I was following your logic and asking for clarification. Should we not follow where the logic leads? Is it not ok to ask questions in a discussion?

Temujin

No, I don't accept this. There is a huge body of literature explaining the mechanisms of evolution, in general and in particular. The evidence gathered is considerable and nothing has been found that is not achievable by natural means through the mechanisms of natural selection and imperfect replication. The facts of evolution have been established and continue to be so day on day, year on year.

If creationists which to challenge this orthodoxy, they are the ones with the burden of proof. They need to show how evolution cannot proceed without a guiding hand from a designer.

As far as the creation of matter or the beginning of life is concerned, take it up elsewhere, since it doesn't concern evolution. Evolution happens, whether the universe was created or not, and whatever the origin of life may be. Evolution describes how life progresses once it has appeared. Most theists accept evolution.

Last edited:

Mr Laurier

You stated the universe formed. I was following your logic and asking for clarification. Should we not follow where the logic leads? Is it not ok to ask questions in a discussion?
https://forums.carm.org/threads/formation-of-the-universe.148/#post-4341

Except you were not following my logic. You were changing the topic. But I created a thread in the proper forum.
We can discus astronomy and cosmology in the astronomy forum.

Neo

https://forums.carm.org/threads/formation-of-the-universe.148/#post-4341

Except you were not following my logic. You were changing the topic. But I created a thread in the proper forum.
We can discus astronomy and cosmology in the astronomy forum.
Ok, let's stick to the topic. You said Legos were created, but humans were not created.

According to observation, Legos are created. In all observed cases something comes from something else.

Is there any observed cases where something does not come from something else?

Mr Laurier

Ok, let's stick to the topic. You said Legos were created, but humans were not created.

According to observation, Legos are created. In all observed cases something comes from something else.

Is there any observed cases where something does not come from something else?
According to observation, there is not a factory mass producing humans.

According to observation, some things form in situ.

According to observation, humans are gestated and born via other humans.

Neo

According to observation, there is not a factory mass producing humans.

According to observation, some things form in situ.

According to observation, humans are gestated and born via other humans.
Yes, as you said humans are born via other humans.

Is there any observational evidence where humans were born via something other than humans?

CrowCross

No, I don't accept this. There is a huge body of literature explaining the mechanisms of evolution, in general and in particular. The evidence gathered is considerable and nothing has been found that is not achievable by natural means through the mechanisms of natural selection and imperfect replication. The facts of evolution have been established and continue to be so day on day, year on year.

If creationists which to challenge this orthodoxy, they are the ones with the burden of proof. They need to show how evolution cannot proceed without a guiding hand from a designer.

As far as the creation of matter or the beginning of life is concerned, take it up elsewhere, since it doesn't concern evolution. Evolution happens, whether the universe was created or not, and whatever the origin of life may be. Evolution describes how life progresses once it has appeared. Most theists accept evolution.
Well, that's pretty simple to do.

How many places in our DNA base pairs can a mutation occur? I'll grant you they do occur.

What percentage of these mutations are considered as harmful, neutral and beneficial?

Put those two questions together and tell me the odds of a beneficial mutation occurring and changing the DNA of a paticular trait.

Now present the odds of a second so-called beneficial mutation occurring in the species progeny that enhances the benefit and fitness of the trait.

When one realized it would take many, many mutations to beat the odds to fully realize the traits we see in the animals today...evolutionism fails.

Reactions: Neo

Temujin

Well, that's pretty simple to do.

How many places in our DNA base pairs can a mutation occur? I'll grant you they do occur.

What percentage of these mutations are considered as harmful, neutral and beneficial?

Put those two questions together and tell me the odds of a beneficial mutation occurring and changing the DNA of a paticular trait.

Now present the odds of a second so-called beneficial mutation occurring in the species progeny that enhances the benefit and fitness of the trait.

When one realized it would take many, many mutations to beat the odds to fully realize the traits we see in the animals today...evolutionism fails.
Garbage. You completely ignore the filter of natural selection, which allows beneficial mutations to build, while deleterious mutations are removed. You have a fake mechanism. Try using the actual evolutionary mechanism. It is easy to find the details.

CrowCross

Garbage. You completely ignore the filter of natural selection, which allows beneficial mutations to build, while deleterious mutations are removed. You have a fake mechanism. Try using the actual evolutionary mechanism. It is easy to find the details.
OK, it's your claim...show me...and the others...how mutations add up and form new traits. If you can't then please retract your statement.

Neo

That is a pretty intelligent and prophetic filter to be able to know which mutations will be beneficial to pass on and which mutations are deleterious to remove. This must be why most organisms have symmetry. Natural selection knows what to keep and what to remove. Interesting, natural selection is pretty intelligent!

Gus Bovona

What relationships between genomes of organisms would we *not* expect to see if they were created by a creator and not through an evolutionary process? And why, given some characteristics of that creator?

rossum

OK, it's your claim...show me...and the others...how mutations add up and form new traits.

I am European, so I have inherited the mutation for pale skin from my ancestors. Also, because I am European I have inherited one version of lactase persistence from my ancestors.

Each of those mutations arose in a different ancestor, and each mutation was advantageous in their particular environment. Pale skin increases vitamin D production away from the Equator. Lactase persistence allows groups with pastoral agriculture to use milk as a food into adulthood.

Because both mutations were beneficial when and where they appeared, they spread through the population. I have two different beneficial mutations inherited from my ancestors.

rossum

That is a pretty intelligent and prophetic filter to be able to know which mutations will be beneficial to pass on and which mutations are deleterious to remove.
Not intelligent at all. The more grandchildren you have the more copies of your genes (and the mutations they carry) are passed on to future generations.

After that beneficial mutations increase like compound interest. The more copies there are in the population today, the more copies there will be in future generations.