Leopards ate my face

Whateverman

Is anyone here familiar with the phrase? It's silly, but it actually represents a somewhat real phenomenon. Here's how UrbanDictionary defines it:

Leopards Ate My Face When I Voted For The Leopards Eating People's Faces Party is a parody subreddit which almost exclusively features content of people regretting their choice of voting for Brexit or Trump.

Definition on r/leopardsatemyface:

'I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party. Revel in the schadenfreude anytime someone has a sad because they're suffering consequences from something they voted for or supported or wanted to impose on other people.
A: "How do you feel about Brexit as a Brexit voter?"
B: "I never thought that it would be such a ****show"
A: "Leopards Ate My Face When I Voted For The Leopards Eating People's Faces Party"

So, Schadenfreude, expressed in a silly way.

Speaking of which, anyone seen the video clips of Republican voters saying they wont vote in the run-off elections until Republican politicians prevent the POTUS election from being stolen?

It's Schadenfreude, but sort of the reverse, wherein voter Faces have started eating the Republican leopards...

Whateverman

I don't get it?
The phrase represents a specific kind of Schadenfreude: regret for having voted for something that is now causing you trouble. The definition has the following example: 'I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.

It may be that my reference was a bit obscure, but the same kind of thing is happening in reverse to Republican politicians down in Georgia. Including Drumpf himself. They've spent a lot of time coddling and encouraging the consumption of fake news over the last decade (or more), but now that the voters are literally addicted to the stuff, the politicians are getting eaten. Republican voters are refusing to vote in the Georgia runoffs because they think Republican politicians aren't doing enough to prevent the election from being stolen.

Faces eating leopards?

edit: the reference may have been a bit too obscure :D

Gus Bovona

Is anyone here familiar with the phrase? It's silly, but it actually represents a somewhat real phenomenon. Here's how UrbanDictionary defines it:

So, Schadenfreude, expressed in a silly way.

Speaking of which, anyone seen the video clips of Republican voters saying they wont vote in the run-off elections until Republican politicians prevent the POTUS election from being stolen?

It's Schadenfreude, but sort of the reverse, wherein voter Faces have started eating the Republican leopards...
I hate it when leopards eat my face.