Let's apply Calvinist hermeneutics to Romans 5:19.

praise_yeshua

Yes, all Jews are born under the requirement to keep the Law of Moses. Jesus had to die for the Wages of my Sin...

They why did Jesus have to die?

You believe that Jesus lived under the requirements of the law and fulfilled the law by keeping the law perfectly....

Then why did Jesus have to die?

civic

You believe that Jesus lived under the requirements of the law and fulfilled the law by keeping the law perfectly....

For our sins which required atonement by the law.

What does this mean to you from 1 Cor 15.

Jesus died for our sins according to the Scriptures?

ReverendRV

Jesus had to die because he is my Scapegoat; God hates unequal Scales. Christ and I played "Hot Potato" with my Sin, and he got caught holding it. The Wages of Sin is death...

praise_yeshua

Jesus had to die because he is my Scapegoat; God hates unequal Scales. Christ and I played "Hot Potato" with my Sin, and he got caught holding it. The Wages of Sin is death...

They why are you saying that Jesus had to keep the law. There are no wages for sin if Jesus lived perfectly for you......

praise_yeshua

Which was the death of Jesus Christ. Not keeping any law. Did the Priest offer up their own works on the altar or did something have to die for atonement?

Exactly. DIED for our sins. Not LIVE according to the law for our sins.

praise_yeshua

My Sin was Imputed to Jesus; he became Sin. I'll look for that Gospel Tract too...

Okay. Then why didn't Jesus Christ keeping the law free you from your sin? Jesus would have done what you couldn't do......

The law never made anyone righteous. It was never intended to make anyone righteous. ANYONE.

ReverendRV

My Sin was Imputed to Jesus; he became Sin. I'll look for that Gospel Tract too...
I found this one first...

Imputation - by ReverendRV

Romans 5:13 KJV
; (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Warning! Reading this Gospel Tract could cost you your life!! Many things come with warning labels these days; medicine comes to mind. Some medicines even come with warnings that they can cause other conditions to develop that you do not want; in clinical studies taking a medicine has led to some patients dying. If a Pill causes a different ailment to develop, this is much like the Biblical understanding of Imputation; adding something to another persons Being they didn’t have before. ~ One day, the Evangelist Ray Comfort realized something about the Gospel; it is incomplete without the Bad news of the Ten Commandments prevening (going before) the Good News of the Gospel. He developed an Evangelism method which has led many Souls to Salvation. This is where the warning applies; when a Preacher uses the Ten Commandments, God uses the Preacher like a syringe to Impute Sin. Let me show you how this works. ~ Have you ever told a Lie? What do you call someone who Lies? A Liar; right? See, when I showed you the Law of God and you saw that you broke it; this changed who you are and now you are a Liar. Have you ever stolen anything? What do you call a person that Steals? Now you are a Lying Thief. Have you ever Lusted, or Hated anyone? Jesus said Lust makes you an Adulterer at heart and Hatred makes you a Murderer at heart. ~ Imputation turns you into something that you don’t want to be; Sinners go to Hell for all Eternity…

The Apostle Paul describes it like this; “But Sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the Law of God, produced in me every kind of Coveting. For I was alive without the Law once: but when the Commandment came, Sin revived, and I died.” ~ Sin is in the world; and is now in you. The Law is like an alarm clock which wakes the sleeping Giant within. ~ But you don’t have to die in your Sins; since they were Imputed once, they can be Imputed a second time! In the Bible we read about Atoning Sacrifices. In the past on the Day of Atonement, two goats were Sacrificed; one shed it’s blood on an Alter but the other one had the Sins of Israel confessed (Imputed) onto its head, then it was led into the wilderness to never return. This isn’t practiced anymore because there is no longer a Temple to conduct Sacrifices; but there is an alternative Sacrifice of Atonement we all can benefit from…

God provided a Sacrifice by sending his very own Son to be born innocent like a spotless sacrificial Lamb. Jesus lived a life of keeping the Ten Commandments and this pleased God. There came a time that Jesus had to die and shed his blood on the Cross like the goat of old. But Jesus is also like the Scapegoat, the Sins of every believer was Imputed to this innocent man; to never be seen again. We are Saved by the Grace of God through Faith in the Resurrected Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! When we do this there is a third Imputation; Christ’s good record is now your good record and you are good enough to go to Heaven. Find a Bible believing Church, Repent of your sins and Confess Jesus to be your Lord God. ~ Imputation is often translated as a credit that goes to your account; having an Eternal Being’s goodness as your very own, is Priceless and can never be exhausted…

Romans 4:3 ESV; For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”

praise_yeshua

I found this one first...

Jesus lived a life of keeping the Ten Commandments and this pleased God.

I realize this is your tradition. You've followed it well. However, there is not a single Scripture that says what you've written here. Not one.

Jesus said.....

Joh 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
Joh 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

The Eternal Son of God is Impeccable. Have you ever studied Impeccability? He wasn't sinless because of some law that was "added".... because of transgressions.[/b]

ReverendRV

I realize this is your tradition. You've followed it well. However, there is not a single Scripture that says what you've written here. Not one.

Jesus said.....

Joh 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
Joh 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

The Eternal Son of God is Impeccable. Have you ever studied Impeccability? He wasn't sinless because of some law that was "added".... because of transgressions.[/b]
There's not? I guess you win...

T

TomFL

I disagree. Jesus never had to keep the law. He was the law giver. Jesus Christ was innately Righteous. Impeccable. The very Righteousness of God dying (being made under the law) for sinners.

I think the bible is clear Jesus was subjected to the law

Galatians 4:4 (KJV)
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,