LFW in The WCF and The LBC

Reformedguy

No

Were a different option taken God's foreknowledge would have reflected that

Foreknowledge does not determine it just knows
So its not possible for you to choose other than how God knows your going to choose? You said it was possible for the fall not to occur. How is that possible if God knew the fall would occur?

civic

CHAPTER IX. Of Free Will

GOD hath endued the will of man with that natural liberty, that it is neither forced, nor by any absolute necessity of nature determined, to good or evil.
II. Man, in his state of innocency, had freedom and power to will and to do that which is good and well-pleasing to God; but yet mutably, so that he might fall from it.c

Westminster Assembly, The Westminster Confession of Faith: Edinburgh Edition (Philadelphia: William S. Young, 1851), 59.'

and the LBC

CHAPTER 9; OF FREE WILL

Paragraph 1. God has endued the will of man with that natural liberty and power of acting upon choice, that it is neither forced, nor by any necessity of nature determined to do good or evil.1
Agree with this as its pre-fall, II. Man, in his state of innocency,

TomFL

Agree with this as its pre-fall, II. Man, in his state of innocency,
Yes

However the reason I posted this is to get others to realize LFW is not a threat to the sovereignty of God

and if Adam chose freely to sin God could not have determined all sin

ReverendRV

Yes

However the reason I posted this is to get others to realize LFW is not a threat to the sovereignty of God

and if Adam chose freely to sin God could not have determined all sin
Arminius would disagree with you. What is THE point you could provide which would cause Arminians and Calvinists to side with you?

TomFL

Arminius would disagree with you. What is THE point you could provide which would cause Arminians and Calvinists to side with you?
Arminius is not inspired

In any case why would a Calvinist worry about what Arminius has to state

when the WCF and the LBC both affirm Adam had freewill

CHAPTER IX. Of Free Will

GOD hath endued the will of man with that natural liberty, that it is neither forced, nor by any absolute necessity of nature determined, to good or evil.
II. Man, in his state of innocency, had freedom and power to will and to do that which is good and well-pleasing to God; but yet mutably, so that he might fall from it.c

Westminster Assembly, The Westminster Confession of Faith: Edinburgh Edition (Philadelphia: William S. Young, 1851), 59.

Do Calvinist not accept the word of the WCF and the LBC ?

ReverendRV

Arminius is not inspired

In any case why would a Calvinist worry about what Arminius has to state

when the WCF and the LBC both affirm Adam had freewill

CHAPTER IX. Of Free Will

Westminster Assembly, The Westminster Confession of Faith: Edinburgh Edition (Philadelphia: William S. Young, 1851), 59.

Do Calvinist not accept the word of the WCF and the LBC ?
I'll have to get back to you later, am working...

ReverendRV

Wow

That is bad news

Do you know if they have a bad or a mild case of it ?
The Senior Road Officer is in the hospital and everyone else is at home...

I had it in the Spring, tested positive for 3 Months straight; but was Asymptomatic the whole time. Maybe that's why I'm not sick now; but Glory to God Alone...

TomFL

The Senior Road Officer is in the hospital and everyone else is at home...

I had it in the Spring, tested positive for 3 Months straight; but was Asymptomatic the whole time. Maybe that's why I'm not sick now; but Glory to God Alone...
Wow

So I guess you are immune now ?