Lidar

Status
Not open for further replies.

dberrie2020

But Joseph Smith did go around telling people that Book of Mormon events happened in North America.

What "events" are you referring to? Where do we find Joseph Smith describing the events around 200 A.D., and found in the Book of Mormon--were the events Joseph Smith described as being in North America?

Bonnie

Thanks for those references, Bonnie. I haven’t had time to research it all again.

But Joseph Smith did go around telling people that Book of Mormon events happened in North America. One day they picked a bone up out of the dirt in Missouri
and he said it was from a white Lamanite named Zelph who had died in a battle there 1500 years before.

Oh brother...how would Smith know that? :rolleyes: But it does show that he thought the BoM people lived in N. America.

dberrie2020

Bonnie said:
YOUR conclusions about the population are what Theo was referring to. But then, anyone can see that, who isn't looking at what he wrote through Mormon-colored glasses.

Maybe we could explore that claim. What conclusions of mine do you or Theo feel was "phoney"?

I watched another documentary about exploring the remains of Mesoamerica this week--after a shutdown due to covid. They were exploring the remains shown on Lidar through aircraft. Did anyone else see that?

So, again--what conclusions do you feel is "phoney"--concerning the conclusions of the National Geographic team, concerning the population base of Mesoamerica being much larger than previously thought, during the time period described?

Any comment on the argument about the population base claimed in the Book of Mormon--possibly correlating with the Lidar imaging estimates--- defying the claims of the critics that the population could not have been that large?

Status
Not open for further replies.