Likely Presidential election result

Biden is currently leading in Arizona, Nevada, and Georgia, and it appears Biden should take the lead in Pennsylvania sometime today. If these results hold, and Trump wins Alaska, North Carolina, and Maine District 2, then the final electoral vote count will be:

306 - Biden
232 - Trump

Interestingly, this is identical to the 2016 election result, with the parties reversed:

306 - Trump
232 - Clinton

Temujin

Biden is currently leading in Arizona, Nevada, and Georgia, and it appears Biden should take the lead in Pennsylvania sometime today. If these results hold, and Trump wins Alaska, North Carolina, and Maine District 2, then the final electoral vote count will be:

306 - Biden
232 - Trump

Interestingly, this is identical to the 2016 election result, with the parties reversed:

306 - Trump
232 - Clinton
It will be interesting to see how big the inauguration crowd is this time.

Temujin

And a Constitution burning party? They might as well.....
It could probably do with updating. Why something written by slave-owning, rich, white men 250 years ago should be regarded as holy writ is baffling to anyone who doesn't regard something written by superstitious bronze age men 2000 years ago as holy writ.

Carol

It could probably do with updating. Why something written by slave-owning, rich, white men 250 years ago should be regarded as holy writ is baffling to anyone who doesn't regard something written by superstitious bronze age men 2000 years ago as holy writ.

Some of those guys owned slaves so the Constitution must not be good.

Argumentum ad hominem.

Temujin

Some of those guys owned slaves so the Constitution must not be good.

Argumentum ad hominem.
Ha is right. You really don't know what an ad hominem argument is. I am suggesting that the Constitution may be out of date because those people who drafted it are unrepresentative of society today, one of the reasons being that they approved of slavery and many owned slaves. The criticism is not just true, but also relevant, rendering your cries of ad hominem invalid.

Carol

Ha is right. You really don't know what an ad hominem argument is. I am suggesting that the Constitution may be out of date because those people who drafted it are unrepresentative of society today, one of the reasons being that they approved of slavery and many owned slaves. The criticism is not just true, but also relevant, rendering your cries of ad hominem invalid.

You're talking about "those people ". To the man.

Have you read our Constitution? What, specifically, do you think is "out of date"?

Temujin

You're talking about "those people ". To the man.

Have you read our Constitution? What, specifically, do you think is "out of date"?
That isn't for me to say. What I said is that if your country decides to "burn" your Constitution and start afresh, that's no big deal. Plenty of countries do that. Plenty more manage perfectly well with no Constitution at all.

Diogenes

That isn't for me to say. What I said is that if your country decides to "burn" your Constitution and start afresh, that's no big deal. Plenty of countries do that. Plenty more manage perfectly well with no Constitution at all.

The US is actually on its second constitution. The first was called The Articles of Confederation but we realised the national government needed to be stronger.

Temujin

The US is actually on its second constitution. The first was called The Articles of Confederation but we realised the national government needed to be stronger.
Fair enough. The question now is, "Is the Constitution working as it should?" If the answer is no, then as a country, do something about it. If it is yes, then there is no problem.

Diogenes

Fair enough. The question now is, "Is the Constitution working as it should?" If the answer is no, then as a country, do something about it. If it is yes, then there is no problem.

Problem though is that in a highly polarised environment, rewriting a constitution is all but impossible.

Thistle

306 - Biden
232 - Trump

306 - Trump
232 - Clinton
I think I'll stay tuned until the end of the movie. This prognostication is coming from the guys that missed all the polls by seven percentage points. Literally the polls were substantially worse than nothing. Unless you had in mind cheating.