Likely Presidential election result

Loki

Apparently, you are not familiar with the legal situation. But to your question, no.

I'm sorry but you have no clue what you are talking about. I guess you believed the fake news, didn't you.

If there is one thing we have learned about Trump supporters over the past four years, it is that they are master projectionists. Given the absurd propaganda you've been spreading on these forums, it's utterly laughable that you would presume to lecture others about "fake news."

Well, I have the facts and apparently you don't. Pennsylvania Act 77 passed in 2019 absolutely requires that all Pennsylvanians can vote by mail but absolutely requires that all ballots be received on election day by 8:00 pm. Furthermore the sections of Act 77 are nonseverable which would disqualify all mail in ballots leaving only election day votes. "If any provision of this act or it's application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the remaining provisions or applications of this act are void." Guess what the Pennsylvania Supreme Court did? Yes, they voided the entire act. I'm guessing you believed the fake news New York Times, that said the US Supreme Court ruled on this, didn't you? Well, I have bad news for you. The New York Times lied to you, as they are so frequently want to do. If the PA Supreme's declared the 77 unconstitutional they would have been golden, but they changed the law which voided it. Well the US Supremes didn't grant the request to have the review expedited because they got it on October 28th. In fact the Supremes promised to review the PA Court decision. That means all those mail in votes, go away in PA. So I'd recommend you stop reading the fake news New York Times.

I'll make four quick points.

1. It was widely reported in reputable news sources like the New York Times that the Supreme Court would not stop Pennsylvania officials from accepting ballots that arrive after November 3, but that they might indeed choose to weigh in on the matter after the election.

In Pennsylvania, the biggest fight has been over ballots that are postmarked by Election Day but arrive later. In September, the state Supreme Court ruled, over Republican objections, that election officials could accept ballots arriving up to three days later. The U.S. Supreme Court declined to intercede, but left open the possibility that it could revisit the question.​

So you're either misinformed or you've chosen to lie about this. Neither option is a good look.

2. The ballots which arrive after November 3 are not part of the announced count that has propelled Biden into the lead in that state. In other words, Biden likely will not need these late-arriving ballots to claim victory. Now that seems like a crucial piece of information, doesn't it? Why didn't you know about it?

3. Even if the ballots do become important, there is the legal principle known as reliance interest, which protects voters relying on instructions they received on how to vote legally. There is a strong legal case to be made here in support of Pennsylvania, so I wouldn't be so quick to assume how the Supreme Court would eventually rule, should it come to that.

4. It's frankly disturbing how ready and eager Trump supporters are to arbitrarily disenfranchise people over an issue like late-arriving mail, particularly when the Post Office was deliberately sabotaged by one of Trump's cronies to slow down the mail. It's important to keep this in mind because it demonstrates we are dealing with people who prioritize winning at any cost over the democratic values that are fundamental to the success of our nation.

Temujin

4. It's frankly disturbing how ready and eager Trump supporters are to arbitrarily disenfranchise people over an issue like late-arriving mail, particularly when the Post Office was deliberately sabotaged by one of Trump's cronies to slow down the mail. It's important to keep this in mind because it demonstrates we are dealing with people who prioritize winning at any cost over the democratic values that are fundamental to the success of our nation.
What is really disturbing is that there isn't even any pretence here that there is any fraud or attempt to steal anything on the part of the Dems. Its just a naked power grab. Biden votes must be removed, simply because they are for Biden. At least any semblance of normal civilised behaviour has been stripped away and we see Trump and cronies in their true colours. Luckily, it won't work, as he has lost everywhere else as well. He cannot even succeed as a banana republic dictator.

Oh, and don't buy any green bananas.

bigthinker

If there is one thing we have learned about Trump supporters over the past four years, it is that they are master projectionists. Given the absurd propaganda you've been spreading on these forums, it's utterly laughable that you would presume to lecture others about "fake news."
That's part of the irony right? I mean that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Its not reminiscent of, it's exactly the same thing you see from many believers here on CARM. There's unsupported critical assertions made without applying the same standards for their own positions and claims.
It's laughable until it isn't.
These people lack critical thinking skills entirely and as a result, their conclusions are irrational.

1. It was widely reported in reputable news sources like the New York Times that the Supreme Court would not stop Pennsylvania officials from accepting ballots that arrive after November 3, but that they might indeed choose to weigh in on the matter after the election.

In Pennsylvania, the biggest fight has been over ballots that are postmarked by Election Day but arrive later. In September, the state Supreme Court ruled, over Republican objections, that election officials could accept ballots arriving up to three days later. The U.S. Supreme Court declined to intercede, but left open the possibility that it could revisit the question.​

So you're either misinformed or you've chosen to lie about this. Neither option is a good look.

2. The ballots which arrive after November 3 are not part of the announced count that has propelled Biden into the lead in that state. In other words, Biden likely will not need these late-arriving ballots to claim victory. Now that seems like a crucial piece of information, doesn't it? Why didn't you know about it?

3. Even if the ballots do become important, there is the legal principle known as reliance interest, which protects voters relying on instructions they received on how to vote legally. There is a strong legal case to be made here in support of Pennsylvania, so I wouldn't be so quick to assume how the Supreme Court would eventually rule, should it come to that.

bigthinker

What is really disturbing is that there isn't even any pretence here that there is any fraud or attempt to steal anything on the part of the Dems. Its just a naked power grab. Biden votes must be removed, simply because they are for Biden. At least any semblance of normal civilised behaviour has been stripped away and we see Trump and cronies in their true colours. Luckily, it won't work, as he has lost everywhere else as well. He cannot even succeed as a banana republic dictator.
Right.
and what do they expect, the "pro American, pro freedom, anti regulation" president is going to seize power?
How ironically un-American.
Blindness and ignorance are the fuel. The useful idiot is the vehicle.
wtf.

Thistle

It looks like your pipedream is being overtaken by events, which is just as well.
Well you're free to dismiss the US Constitution as a pipe dream to whatever extent makes you happy. But we fought a war with you guys because fine distinctions like that make a difference to us, and we'll fight that war as many times as maybe necessary. Seems like the elitists never really get the message, do they?
I would hope that in the cool light of dawn you would be ashamed of what you are advocating,
I can see right now that you were going to be sorely disappointed.
even gloating over here, a naked power grab worthy of a Mugabe or an Assad.
Excuse me power grab? Coming from the elitists who have mobilized every institution of power both nationally and internationally to invalidate the results of the 2016 election, fighting tooth and nail against the will of the American people, for four solid years, these elitists are now talking about a power grab? That is the most singular example of unintentionally hilarious pros in the history of the English language.
All pretence of "ballot stuffing" gone,
Who told you that, the New York Times? They are making a fortune off of people who come to them for their daily fix of lies that they want to believe.
just a legalistic effort to remove the votes from over half the state's population in order to keep in power a despot who has lost his popularity.
When republican counties in a state or obeying the state legislatures laws about elections and the Demacrat counties are not, that is an equal protection issue and here in America we take equal protection seriously.
What on earth do you think the reaction would be if what you propose here actually happened?
It's going to happen so we will see. I know that obeying the law may seem quaint to you across the pond but here in America we still like to believe that we can do things according to the law.
What would happen to the stock market, to international relations, to the economy?
There you go the parade of horribles from 2016. You remember Robert Reich saying that the Dow Jones industrial average was going to lose 50% of its value if Donald Trump became president? We've had a nonstop sermon from the left saying how our esteem in the world has gone down, while peace is breaking out all over the world because of Donald Trump's world leader ship! And the irony of you mentioning the economy is absolutely hysterical! We have just come off the biggest growth quarter in the history of the United States if not the history of western civilization period!
Is keeping an elderly, gentle man like Biden out of power so vital that you would risk a real civil war.
I am old enough to remember when Joe Biden was just a dopey guy backed by the tammany Hall machine. He didn't have the intellectual acuity to be president United States at his peak. But if you actually believe that Joe Biden is going to be running the country under a Biden administration you should take a look at that legislation that Nancy Pelosi introduced for having a commission for invoking the 24th amendment removing the president for lack of capacity. Nancy was ask "is this directed at Donald Trump" she replied "no this is not directed to Donald Trump." Who does that leave?
Not just between the posturing non-entities of the Proud Boys and Antifa, but involving the whole nation?
Why don't you tell the thousands of small business people who had their shops and stores burn to the ground by antifa that antifa is a non-entity. I think they will beg to differ.
Do you endorse the police officer in Texas who advocates shooting Biden supporters for the treasonous act of voting?
I haven't heard that, but do you think he was serious? It's like those left wing news outlets the truth check Donald Trump's hyperbolic comments in his rallies . They literally have no ability to detect having been pulled on like a sock.
Do you want to turn your country into the Lebanon?
If I did I'd be voting for Biden! Clearly antifa is burning the country to the ground and it's not gonna get better under Biden, those are his voters.
Of course it won't happen.
Just as those canards were canards in 2016 there still canards in 2020.
After much flummery SCOTUS will disqualify all the postal votes arriving after Nov 3. It will make no difference to the election in Pa or anywhere else.
Leaving the accounting from election night making Donald Trump the winner.
Trump will be led off into the sunset,
If the world has learned anything in 2020, or from 2016 to 2020, for that matter, the left can't predict anything!
still chuntering and the business of governing will continue.
You mean the elitists and rent seekers will still be riding the gravy train and popping their champagne corks? Not if the American people have anything to say about it!

Last edited:

Temujin

Well you're free to dismiss the US Constitution as a pipe dream to whatever extent makes you happy. But we fought a war with you guys because fine distinctions like that make a difference to us, and we'll fight that war as many times as maybe necessary. Seems like the elitists never really get the message, do they?

Excuse me power grab? Coming from the elitists who have mobilized every institution of power both nationally and internationally to invalidate the results of the 2016 election, fighting tooth and nail against the will of the American people, for four solid years, these elitists are now talking about a power grab? That is the most singular example of unintentionally hilarious pros in the history of the English language.

Who told you that, the New York Times? They are making a fortune off of people who come to them for their daily fix of lies that they want to believe.

When republican counties in a state or obeying the state legislatures laws about elections and the Demacrat counties are not, that is an equal protection issue and here in America we take equal protection seriously.

It's going to happen so we will see. I know that obeying the law may seem quaint to you across the pond but here in America we still like to believe that we can do things according to the law.

There you go the parade of horribles from 2016. You remember Robert Reich saying that the Dow Jones industrial average was going to lose 50% of its value if Donald Trump became president? We've had a nonstop sermon from the left saying how our esteem in the world has gone down, while peace is breaking out all over the world because of Donald Trump's world leader ship! And the irony of you mentioning the economy is absolutely hysterical! We have just come off the biggest growth quarter in the history of the United States if not the history of western civilization period!

I am old enough to remember when Joe Biden was just a dopey guy backed by the tammany Hall machine. He didn't have the intellectual acuity to be president United States at his peak. But if you actually believe that Joe Biden is going to be running the country under a Biden administration you should take a look at that legislation that Nancy Pelosi introduced for having a commission for invoking the 24th amendment removing the president for lack of capacity.

Why don't you tell the thousands of small business people who had their shops and stores burn to the ground by antifa that antifa is a non-entity. I think they will beg to differ.

I haven't heard that, but do you think he was serious? It's like those left wing news outlets the truth check Donald Trump's hyperbolic comments in his rallies . They literally have no ability to detect having been pulled on like a sock.

If I did I'd be voting for Biden! Clearly antifa is burning the country to the ground and it's not gonna get better under Biden, those are his voters.

If the world has learned anything in 2020, or from 2016 to 2020, for that matter, the left can't predict anything!

You mean the elitists and rent seekers will still be riding the gravy train and popping their champagne corks? Not if the American people have anything to say about it!
Well, all I will say for now is that I'm very disappointed in you personally, but I hope that you cope with your coming disappointment better than you are now.

Loki

Here is some truth for you. Pennsylvania belongs to Trump. You might check to see if you can return that champagne.
Here's a story published by The Hill which reports that the number of ballots in Pennsylvania affected by the Supreme Court order is believed to number between 3,000 and 4,000. As I noted above, these ballots have been segregated and are not included in the tabulations published by the state.

Biden currently leads in Pennsylvania by 28,833 votes with something like 98,000 remaining. Trump will have to win a large majority of the remaining vote to overtake Biden. Lots of luck with that: mail-in ballots have skewed heavily Democratic because Trump thought it wise to discourage his supporters from voting by mail. It is extremely likely that Biden's lead will increase as the remaining votes are counted.

Thistle

A significant difference is that Biden will end up having won the popular vote as well.
Which is really important to urban elitists who want to subjugate the plaintive masses who occupy most of America.
Imagine Trump's response if he won the popular vote but not the electoral vote?
People who vote for Trump vote for the policies that he's going to implement not for the reactions he's going to tweet out.
He's unhinged now, I can only imagine the sh*tstorm that would ensue. Lol.
Real Americans have gotten over any discomfort that might be associated with being laughed at by elitists along time ago. They truly could care less!

Thistle

Well, all I will say for now is that I'm very disappointed in you personally, but I hope that you cope with your coming disappointment better than you are now.
How typical of the left, completely impervious to being proven wrong time and again! There will be no acknowledgment from you when you're wrong once again.

Temujin

How typical of the left, completely impervious to being proven wrong time and again! There will be no acknowledgment from you when you're wrong once again.
Well, if this was the old boards I would be able to reference several occasions when I have been shown to be wrong, and acknowledged it. Will you be able to do the same? In this case, I won't hold my breath.

Thistle

Here's a story published by The Hill which reports that the number of ballots in Pennsylvania affected by the Supreme Court order is believed to number between 3,000 and 4,000. As I noted above, these ballots have been segregated and are not included in the tabulations published by the state.

Biden currently leads in Pennsylvania by 28,833 votes with something like 98,000 remaining. Trump will have to win a large majority of the remaining vote to overtake Biden. Lots of luck with that: mail-in ballots have skewed heavily Democratic because Trump thought it wise to discourage his supporters from voting by mail. It is extremely likely that Biden's lead will increase as the remaining votes are counted.
So if the poll watchers had only had the ingenuity and imagination to say that they were reporters for the hill they would've been able to get into the area where the counting was going on, to actually see whether or not any of what you just said is true, we would know wouldn't we? Shall we chalk that up to lack of imagination or truthfulness?

Thistle

Well, if this was the old boards I would be able to reference several occasions when I have been shown to be wrong, and acknowledged it. Will you be able to do the same? In this case, I won't hold my breath.
Yes, and not only have I corrected the record, but I've been I've done it in a very pointed fashion.

Reepicheep

Below is a photo, taken during Trump's last press conference, which succinctly answers the question "Likely Presidential Election Result":

110520_trump.jpg

Temujin

Which is really important to urban elitists who want to subjugate the plaintive masses who occupy most of America.

People who vote for Trump vote for the policies that he's going to implement not for the reactions he's going to tweet out.

Real Americans have gotten over any discomfort that might be associated with being laughed at by elitists along time ago. They truly could care less!
"In the 1956 book When Prophecy Fails, three social psychologists studied a small religious sect in Chicago called “the seekers,” who believed that the world would soon be destroyed by a flood, and that a flying saucer was coming to save them. The seekers were deeply invested in the prophecy’s fulfillment—many had quit jobs and left spouses to prepare. On the appointed day, they gathered at their leader’s home to wait for deliverance. The psychologists wanted to know how the seekers would react when the world didn’t end. Would they realize they’d been duped? Denounce their former belief system? Turn on their prophet? As it turned out, no. When Armageddon failed to materialize, they simply decided that God had spared Earth from destruction because of their faith; that they had been right all along.
The psychologists who studied the seekers attributed their rationalizations to the discomfort of cognitive dissonance: When a true believer is faced with “undeniable evidence” that what he believes is wrong, he “will frequently emerge, not only unshaken, but even more convinced of the truth of his beliefs than ever before. Indeed, he may even show a new fervor about convincing and converting other people to his view.”

The question of whether Trumpism has a long-term future in the GOP will be debated at length in the coming months. What’s certain is that it won’t be vanquished by Trump’s impending defeat alone—if anything, his most devoted supporters may be further radicalized."

When the MAGA Bubble Burst
McKay Coppins • The Atlantic

Thistle

Would that include Justice Alito who just had to reiterate his instructions to segregate ballots; he was taken in by the fake news is is that your argument?

1. It was widely reported in reputable news sources like the New York Times
You mean the irreputable New York Times. If the New York Times were reputable they would give back their Pulitzer Prize is for lying about Trump.
that the Supreme Court would not stop Pennsylvania officials from accepting ballots that arrive after November 3, but that they might indeed choose to weigh in on the matter after the election.
Yeah and the dishonest framing it doesn't bother you in the least? They didn't take the case on the merits because there was not enough time before the election. They have said they will consider the case on the merits that's a promise! Anyone reading your comment would come to the opposite conclusion proving that you believe the New York Times is a lie. Is this fact that you believe the lie and a lot of other people that is the problem.
In Pennsylvania, the biggest fight has been over ballots that are postmarked by Election Day but arrive later.​
That is a complete miss characterization that is one of many troubling irregularities and the suggestion that it is the biggest issue is absurd.
In September, the state Supreme Court ruled, over Republican objections, that election officials could accept ballots arriving up to three days later. The U.S. Supreme Court declined to intercede, but left open the possibility that it could revisit the question.​
They ordered that the ballots be segregated so that the question could be considered on the merits and judge Alito is convinced that the Democrat counties are not doing that so he had to reiterate his order just yesterday!

You seem to know information judge Alito does not know; how did you come by that?
That would make amending the constitution regarding elections a pretty low bar if that were excepted as you outline it. In case your missing the understatement, the constitution will prevail.
4. It's frankly disturbing how ready and eager Trump supporters are to arbitrarily disenfranchise people over an issue like late-arriving mail,
But trashing the constitution is no problem?
particularly when the Post Office was deliberately sabotaged by one of Trump's cronies to slow down the mail.
Weren't you just lecturing me about conspiracy theories?
It's important to keep this in mind because it demonstrates we are dealing with people who prioritize winning at any cost over the democratic values that are fundamental to the success of our nation.
Says the leftist who has been cutting the legs out from under a duly elected president for four solid years. What do you have where the rest of the human race has a sense of irony?

Carol

I am old enough to remember when Joe Biden was just a dopey guy backed by the tammany Hall machine. He didn't have the intellectual acuity to be president United States at his peak. But if you actually believe that Joe Biden is going to be running the country under a Biden administration you should take a look at that legislation that Nancy Pelosi introduced for having a commission for invoking the 24th amendment removing the president for lack of capacity. Nancy was ask "is this directed at Donald Trump" she replied "no this is not directed to Donald Trump." Who does that leave?

Who will be Kamala's VP?

bigthinker

Biden is currently leading in Arizona, Nevada, and Georgia, and it appears Biden should take the lead in Pennsylvania sometime today. If these results hold, and Trump wins Alaska, North Carolina, and Maine District 2, then the final electoral vote count will be:

306 - Biden
232 - Trump

Interestingly, this is identical to the 2016 election result, with the parties reversed:

306 - Trump
232 - Clinton
11/7/2020 11:36AM Eastern
In the end, its not really about Joe Biden, its about making a statement about decency, morality, patriotism, democracy, fairness, empathy, etc. It isn't so much about policy, its about who we are, who we want to be and the kind of country we want to live and raise our children in.

Temujin

In a fitting end, Biden is projected the winner having taken Pa, while Trump plays golf.

Loki

So if the poll watchers had only had the ingenuity and imagination to say that they were reporters for the hill they would've been able to get into the area where the counting was going on, to actually see whether or not any of what you just said is true, we would know wouldn't we? Shall we chalk that up to lack of imagination or truthfulness?
This is so much nonsense. This is what Pennsylvania Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar had to say on the matter. (Link to AP story here.)

“In Pennsylvania, every candidate and every political party is allowed to have an authorized representative in the room observing the process,” Boockvar said in an interview with CNN. “Some jurisdictions including Philly are also livestreaming, so you can literally watch their counting process from anywhere in the world. It’s very transparent.”​

The Republicans did have access. This is yet another bad faith claim that will go nowhere in the courts.