Live Chat Discussion on Calvinism

Beloved Daughter

This is not the A/C board ??????????

or was this an already moved post

Tom, I don't think it has been moved. We could ask the mods. The problem with the conversation/discussion is that Matt asked a specific question and you and others have gone beyond Matt's question. Maybe start a new thread.

In any case these responses don't address the OP. Setting up a place and time and asking people who would be interested is straight forward. I'm asking for some courtesy toward Matt and his invitation.

Is there any reason that we can't respect the OP?

TomFL

Tom, I don't think it has been moved. We could ask the mods. The problem with the conversation/discussion is that Matt asked a specific question and you and others have gone beyond Matt's question. Maybe start a new thread.

In any case these responses don't address the OP. Setting up a place and time and asking people who would be interested is straight forward. I'm asking for some courtesy toward Matt and his invitation.

O.K.

Its Matt's board if he wants to pin something to the top it's his right

And if he wants to terminate further posts it is also his right

I have no objections to that or your comments

zerinus

In any conversation among intelligent people, one thing leads to another, and many different (but related) issues may eventually be discussed. That is to be expected, and is normal. If somebody posted a message that was totally unrelated to the thread of the conversation, to the OP, or to anything that anybody else has said, that would be objectionable. If I posted a message about the moon landing, or about the war in Iraq, totally unrelated to the OP, or to anything that anybody else had said, that would be objectionable. That is what you have been guilty of. You have attempted to hijack threads unrelated to Mormonism into Mormonism, totally unrelated to the subject of the thread, until you were called out; now you are trying to falsely accuse of doing the same. There is a word for that, it is called hypocrisy.

Theo1689

And am fully confident he will defend his position well and without acrimony or any hostility.
If you can say that, it is apparent that you aren't familiar with him.

Naturally I would disagree with your claim as a former Calvinist he is well acquainted with what Calvinism teaches

He is constantly misrepresenting Calvinism.
So either he is ignorant of what he claims he used to hold, or else he is intentionally misrepresenting it. I wonder which it is...

Matt Slick

CARM President
Staff member
The Greek words/phrases “πάντας”, “παντων”, “ὅλου τοῦ κόσμου” are critical for understanding whether or not Jesus’ atonement is opened up to everyone or just a select few in the following verses:

1 Tim 2:4 (πάντας), 2:6 (παντων).
1 John 2:2 (ὅλου τοῦ κόσμου).
John 12:32 (πάντας).
Acts 17:30 (πάντας).
2 Pet 3:9 (πάντας).
What does "opened up to" mean?

ReverendRV

TomFL, do you consider Leighton to be on your side? Curious. He is making lots of mistakes in Calvinism. He's been corrected before.

Nevertheless, I am offering this opportunity to people to have a friendly discussion. It is NOT to be hostile. I am well versed in Reformed Theology along with Scripture. So, let me know. Perhaps I can set it up for an evening Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday next week... The week of the 27th.

Let me know who all is interested.
I'm interested...

Leighton Flowers used to be a regular Poster on CARM Forums years ago; aka LWF...