Live Discussion on Calvinism Arminianism with Matt Slick, 10/29/2020, 9PM EST

Matt Slick

CARM President
Staff member
Live Discussion on Calvinism Arminianism with Matt Slick
Thursday, 10/29/2020
9PM EST

I will put the streamyard link here (If I remember) and on CARM Facebook shortly before 9PM EST. If you want to participate in live discussion, you'll need a microphone. You have the option of being on camera as well.

Or, you can watch from the Youtube and Facebook feeds and type in the chat areas. They will be shown in the streamyard feed.

I hope the anti-calvinists would show up and I'll try and answer their objections. Likewise, I hope they would try and answer mine.

Please let me know here, if you plan on attending.

Thanks

civic

Hopefully we will get people like Tom, Doug and a few other CARM members to come and participate on the Q/A.

Matt Slick

CARM President
Staff member
Interesting... No participants from the anti-Calvinist side? I thought people would like the opportunity to dialogue. Am I wrong? Do the anti-Calvinists NOT want to participate in a friendly, live discussion?

Honestly, I'm surprised that none have agreed to dialogue here.

What do you think the reasons are that might support their reticence?

civic

Interesting... No participants from the anti-Calvinist side? I thought people would like the opportunity to dialogue. Am I wrong? Do the anti-Calvinists NOT want to participate in a friendly, live discussion?

I just sent a link to a couple of Arminian posters to this thread with an invite.

TibiasDad

I, unfortunately, will not be able to as I am dealing with both of my parents recovering from major health issues right now. As both are in tenuous positions, I cannot commit to anything outside of my current commitments. If opportunity presents itself, I will try to join in the conversation.

Doug

zerinus

I don't know about others, but I am more of a "text" man rather than a "voice" man, or "video" man, especially when dealing with complex doctrinal or theological issues; because when you are typing text, you have the time to research the subject, look up scriptures whose references you may have forgotten, search other resources especially the Internet if required, gather all the information you need, compile and present them in a convenient and persuasive manner. In a conversational setting that is not such an easy thing to do, especially when conducted by video over the Internet, where the personal touch, closeness, observance of behavior, body language, tone of voice etc. are missing. Discussing politics in that kind of environment may not be as difficult or objectionable, because the nature of the subject is such that it does not require that kind of rigorous, detailed, analytical, exegetical, and accurate presentation of the subject; but discussing controversial theological, hermeneutical, and exegetical matters in that kind of setting is not so convenient.

Matt Slick

CARM President
Staff member
I, unfortunately, will not be able to as I am dealing with both of my parents recovering from major health issues right now. As both are in tenuous positions, I cannot commit to anything outside of my current commitments. If opportunity presents itself, I will try to join in the conversation.

Doug
I hope they are going to be okay.... Take care of them.