Look for God in the ONLY way and place that He can known to occur to you.

Tercon

He does have a believing mind. Everyone does.

Unbelievers don't have believing minds, that's why they are called unbelievers silly.

He just doesn't believe in your god, just as you don't believe in the gods of countless other religions.

That's a problem, because God is the embodiment of truth and reality.
So, if you disbelieve in how and why the truth and reality is known to exist; being a unbeliever and all, when belief and a believer is required to know the truth and reality of God, then you are stuck in a delusion, because you disbelieve in the truth and reality of God.

But everyone, whether Christian, atheist, Jew, or Muslim, believes and knows plenty of things.

Not without being a believer can you know the truth and reality of God. And because it is only in and with a Believing Mind that the truth and reality can be known to exist and occur, then disbelieving the Owner of that Believing Mind exists and occurs eliminates you from reality. Sorry Bub, but no unbelievers allowed.

If you want to be a part of the truth and reality, then you are going to need to believe in Whom embodies the truth and reality to begin with.

Nouveau

Unbelievers don't have believing minds, that's why they are called unbelievers silly.
Wrong. Unbelievers in God still have minds that believe plenty of other things. They are unbelievers only with respect to one specific belief. Likewise, you also can be considered an unbeliever with respect to certain things, such as objective reality for instance. Or the JTB account of knowledge, by which belief alone is not sufficient for knowledge.

That's a problem, because God is the embodiment of truth and reality.
No he is not. Even if defined as such, that doesn't mean anything real actually answers to that definition.

Not without being a believer can you know the truth and reality of God.
Unless the truth and reality of God is that he isn't real at all. In which case your belief is leading you into error.

Algor

Wrong. Unbelievers in God still have minds that believe plenty of other things. They are unbelievers only with respect to one specific belief. Likewise, you also can be considered an unbeliever with respect to certain things, such as objective reality for instance.
Has Tercon ever considered that everybody (by his apparent definitions) disbelieves many more thing than they believe? One wonders.

Algor

Actually you know you read my posts, because you believe you read my posts. There is no knowledge of the truth an d reality without belief.
So I have a believing mind. So do other atheists like myself. Everyone that can believe has a believing mind.

Tercon

Wrong. Unbelievers in God still have minds that believe plenty of other things. They are unbelievers only with respect to one specific belief. Likewise, you also can be considered an unbeliever with respect to certain things, such as objective reality for instance. Or the JTB account of knowledge, by which belief alone is not sufficient for knowledge.

How can you have a believing mind when you disbelieve belief makes the truth and reality known to you silly? You are so far behind you think you in first, when in reality you have been lapped.

Tercon

The object of my belief is Christian doctrine, that I believe exists, and is in error.

More conflating of belief and unbelief, because in reality you disbelieve "Christian doctrine". You can't use someone else's belief like it's your own, when in reality you disbelieve what they believe to begin with silly. Come on man, you're smarter than that.

Algor

More conflating of belief and unbelief, because in reality you disbelieve "Christian doctrine".
I believe that it exists. This is obvious and true.
You can't use someone else's belief like it's your own, when in reality you disbelieve what they believe to begin with silly. Come on man, you're smarter than that.
I can truthfully and easily claim to believe doctrine exists, and your disbelief is an error.

Tercon

I believe that it exists. This is obvious and true.

But you disbelieve it is true though and that's not so "obvious and true".

I can truthfully and easily claim to believe doctrine exists, and your disbelief is an error.

Strawman. But you can't "truthfully and easily claim" you believe it's true can you.

All you are doing is demonstrating for all to see that you hold the truth in very low regard.

Algor

But you disbelieve it is true though and that's not so "obvious and true".
I believe that it exists, and I believe it is untrue, with my believing mind.
Strawman. But you can't "truthfully and easily claim" you believe it's true can you.
I claim that it is true that doctrine exists, with my believing mind.
All you are doing is demonstrating for all to see that you hold the truth in very low regard.
On the contrary: I am demonstrating that I believe in some things, and that you are reluctant to admit it.

Whatsisface

You are conflating belief and unbelief.
What is you object of belief that "God doesn't exist" silly?
Beliefs don't have to be about objects. I believe mathematics is is useful, but it doesn't exist as an object. In the same way, I believe God doesn't exist.

Tercon

Beliefs don't have to be about objects. I believe mathematics is is useful, but it doesn't exist as an object. In the same way, I believe God doesn't exist.

So, "God doesn't exist" "the same way" and for the same reason numbers don't exist?
Because I have been believing for years that mathematics' object of belief are logic and numbers silly?