Looking for Bibles named after their translators

C

Chuckz

I was at a bible college and there were used books for sale including bibles. Some of the bibles had names by translators. I dont remember their names and I can no longer find them.

If I ask for help, people are just going to tell me to to look on Bible Gayeway and these books are not on Bible Gateway. They are not on Amazon or Christian Book distributors.

Looking for translations named by their translators only.

I was at a bible college and there were used books for sale including bibles. Some of the bibles had names by translators. I dont remember their names and I can no longer find them.

If I ask for help, people are just going to tell me to to look on Bible Gayeway and these books are not on Bible Gateway. They are not on Amazon or Christian Book distributors.

This is a hard question. There is no telling how many people have attempted their own translation of the Bible. Knowing which college this was or, at least the college's affiliation if it had one, might provide a helpful nudge in the right direction.

Roger Thornhill

Goodspeed
Moffat
Weymouth
Knox
Darby
CB Williams
Hugh J. Schonfield
Lamas
Byington

C

Chuckz

also Noah Webster
John Wesley
Robert Young

We're talking 20th century and not on Biblegateway. They may have translated and been on the translation committees of the NIV, NASB or other modern versions. I've looked through what's available on Amazon and Christian Book with no results.

TrevorL

Greetings Chuckz,
I am not sure that these fit what you are looking for:
Rotherham's, William Barclay NT, Robert Alter OT, Alec Motyer Psalms and Isaiah, JB Phillips NT Epistles. A few commentaries include their own translation of a particular book of the Bible.
Kind regards
Trevor