Losing Salvation

No, it is a fact. Just ask Jesus and see what Jesus says.
It is not a fact and Jesus would say it what universe do you think I would allow those who do not expose sin any authority what so ever. Where would I allow paedophiles into leadership roles, that is not in my scriptural requirements for leaders. Jesus says a clear NO to RC false teachers and false authority.

It is scriptural to acknowledge authority irregardless of the authority's behavior.
It is not because to have scriptural authority of any description one would have to meet the scriptural requirements for leaders, your leaders don't so they have no authority. That is just RCs way of justifying the fact that Jesus would not allow such evil men to be in leadership roles or to have any authority. You have nothing. Of course behaviour affects the things.

It is? Please quote the Scripture that tells you to ignore the sin of your leaders and continue in fellowship with them.
scripture is clear.

1 Cor 5:12+

For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”
1 Cor 5:11+
But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

It is not because to have scriptural authority of any description one would have to meet the scriptural requirements for leaders, your leaders don't so they have no authority. That is just RCs way of justifying the fact that Jesus would not allow such evil men to be in leadership roles or to have any authority. You have nothing. Of course behaviour affects the things.
That is not completely true. Jesus said to his disciples, “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses’ seat; therefore, do whatever they teach you and follow it; but do not do as they do, for they do not practice what they teach."

Also in Acts:
Acts 23:3-5, "At this Paul said to him, “God will strike you, you whitewashed wall! Are you sitting there to judge me according to the law, and yet in violation of the law you order me to be struck?” Those standing nearby said, “Do you dare to insult God’s high priest?” And Paul said, “I did not realize, brothers, that he was high priest; for it is written, ‘You shall not speak evil of a leader of your people.’”

So we see that the person's behavior doesn't effect their authority. We are to still acknowledge their authority.

It is? Please quote the Scripture that tells you to ignore the sin of your leaders and continue in fellowship with them.
Acts 23:3-5, "At this Paul said to him, “God will strike you, you whitewashed wall! Are you sitting there to judge me according to the law, and yet in violation of the law you order me to be struck?” Those standing nearby said, “Do you dare to insult God’s high priest?” And Paul said, “I did not realize, brothers, that he was high priest; for it is written, ‘You shall not speak evil of a leader of your people.’”

So we see that the person's behavior doesn't effect their authority. We are to still acknowledge their authority.

Nothing to do with ignoring the evil acts of your leaders at all. You just ignore what scripture really says about it. Speaking the truth is not speaking evil at all.

scripture is clear.

For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”
But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

Yep the person's actions does effect their authority. Scriipture is clear they are to be judged and purged from among us and we are not to even associate with them.

That is not completely true. Jesus said to his disciples, “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses’ seat; therefore, do whatever they teach you and follow it; but do not do as they do, for they do not practice what they teach."

Also in Acts:

You show you do not understand scripture.

scripture is clear.

scripture is clear.

That's not what Paul stated in these verses. Not speaking evil of a leader does not mean you acknowledge the authority of an evil leader. You are adding to the text that which isn't there.

Matthew 12:34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

Are you saying Jesus was wrong and should have recognized these religious leaders authority? And equally, when your pope curses then don't we know what his heart is full of? Yes. Yes we do.

That's not what Paul stated in these verses. Not speaking evil of a leader does not mean you acknowledge the authority of an evil leader. You are adding to the text that which isn't there.

Matthew 12:34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

Are you saying Jesus was wrong and should have recognized these religious leaders authority? And equally, when your pope curses then don't we know what his heart is full of? Yes. Yes we do.
excellent response

That is not true either. Jesus said to his disciples, "“The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses’ seat; therefore, do whatever they teach you and follow it; but do not do as they do, for they do not practice what they teach."

That is not true either. Jesus said to his disciples, "“The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses’ seat; therefore, do whatever they teach you and follow it; but do not do as they do, for they do not practice what they teach."
Well actually the poster was right and the scribes and pharisees were not teaching false doctrines like your leaders. So that does not apply to your leaders. But they have one trait that is like the pharisees and that is they are hypocrites. They teach one thing and do another, they do not follow scripture and yet claim they do.

Well actually the poster was right and the scribes and pharisees were not teaching false doctrines like your leaders. So that does not apply to your leaders. But they have one trait that is like the pharisees and that is they are hypocrites. They teach one thing and do another, they do not follow scripture and yet claim they do.
The Pharisees were not teaching false doctrines??? Really?? That is not consistent with scripture. I believe that Jesus had a few words to say about some of their doctrines.

He is calling them hypocrites. And Jesus despised the Jewish religious leaders who, by the way in case you didn't know, also conspired and succeeded in killing Him. The law was in effect prior to Jesus' death and that's why He told His disciples to follow the Law. This, the quote you referred to, is pre-NC. You're just putting stuff up to put stuff up without the first inkling of what you are saying.

He is calling them hypocrites. And Jesus despised the Jewish religious leaders who, by the way in case you didn't know, also conspired and succeeded in killing Him. The law was in effect prior to Jesus' death and that's why He told His disciples to follow the Law. This, the quote you referred to, is pre-NC. You're just putting stuff up to put stuff up without the first inkling of what you are saying.
Much better said than I posted. Thank you,

Back