Love .....

Slyzr

agapē ......

This is more for the schoolars on this board.

Could agape be better translated charity?

Are there any implications regarding Calvinism / Arminianism, on how this is translated?

I see fear gripped them lol, Love has a way of doing just that. :) welcome to fear factor. :)

I see fear gripped them lol, Love has a way of doing just that. :) welcome to fear factor. :)

lol ....

Do you think they are into the love thingy for not doing anything; and calling that salvation?

That is a head scratcher ....

Last edited:
lol ....

Noticed the non reposnses as well.
Gods love can have that effect on some. Its my favorite topic and attribute of God. I can talk about it 24/7. It brings me joy just thinking about Gods love for all His creation, all men, all the world and that He became one of us to provide a solution to our sins by dying for them and providing a way of esacpe/wrath/judgment if we receive / believe and confess Jesus as Lord ,that God raised Him from the dead and we repent of our sins. The gospel is His loving offer to the whole world. John 3:16, not just a select few.

In fact I might change my avatar from Jesus is God which He is to Jesus is Love since He is God and God is Love. :)

Gods love can have that effect on some. Its my favorite topic and attribute of God. I can talk about it 24/7.
Sure and it can be talked about endlessly. In the beginning in Genesis right from the start the bottom line question was what is the character of God. If his character was kind, gracious and absolute LOVE and if Adam & Eve held fast to that Satan would not have had any inroad in putting forth a doubt about his character. The devil insinuated God isn't really good! He isn't REALLY lovely! He's trying to hold back from you! He knows that in the day you eat the fruit you'll be like him, knowing.....he's therefore SELF-SERVING and selfish and not truly fair.

Interesting though before the test was allowed (allowed because God gives liberty for that's what LOVE does) but before the test God clearly demonstrated his goodness to our first parents revealing his kind, gracious and abundant giving character. He made a world for them first....all good....all beautiful.....it gave it to them as their own kingdom one might say for Ps 89:11 says, "The heavens even the heavens are the Lord's but the earth has he given to the sons of men" He gave them Dominion over the Kingdom that is the Kingdom of the Earth. There was no weeds, no pain, no death all was wonderful! Much more can be said but the idea was don't try to fix something that wasn't broken and it should have been deemed that there was no need to.

Sure and it can be talked about endlessly. In the beginning in Genesis right from the start the bottom line question was what is the character of God. If his character was kind, gracious and absolute LOVE and if Adam & Eve held fast to that Satan would not have had any inroad in putting forth a doubt about his character. The devil insinuated God isn't really good! He isn't REALLY lovely! He's trying to hold back from you! He knows that in the day you eat the fruit you'll be like him, knowing.....he's therefore SELF-SERVING and selfish and not truly fair.

Interesting though before the test was allowed (allowed because God gives liberty for that's what LOVE does) but before the test God clearly demonstrated his goodness to our first parents revealing his kind, gracious and abundant giving character. He made a world for them first....all good....all beautiful.....it gave it to them as their own kingdom one might say for Ps 89:11 says, "The heavens even the heavens are the Lord's but the earth has he given to the sons of men" He gave them Dominion over the Kingdom that is the Kingdom of the Earth. There was no weeds, no pain, no death all was wonderful! Much more can be said but the idea was don't try to fix something that wasn't broken and it should have been deemed that there was no need to.
Great insight brother, Thanks !

Back