Luddites try to interfere with modern medical technology in the abortion chambers.

Authentic Nouveau

The English word for fetus is offspring.

Just a reminder, they don't throw a hissy fit when people say womb instead of uterus.
During a C-section, there are 6-8 and even as many as 10 in the operating rooms if there are students and we have never seen any neurotic obsessions against our use of "BABY" in that setting.

Anesthesiologist
Nurse anesthetist
Nurse anesthetist from delivery rooms
Circulating nurse
scrub tech
RN from newborn Nursery
RN from Labor
OB Doc
OB resident

Mother
Baby

If the anesthesiologist does a block, the mom is awake and can hear what they say.

Technology is the reason sometimes they schedule to do a 'section. We use scanning to see CPD Cephalo pelvic disproportion. and other complications.

I post from my credentials. The Jailor is restricted to PP talking points.
So have any of the Local luddites ever been invited into surgery and tried to punish the teams for using the word "baby"?

Electric Skeptic

All of your words,
You don't understand either the word 'irrelevant' or the word 'unresponsive'? Then I'd suggest you learn how to use a dictionary and do so.

and neither do you understand your words.
Wrong. I understand my words just fine; your admission that you do not is your own problem.

I pointed out to you that Temujin told me words mean different things to different people.
I am completely uninterested in what someone else told you.

So I asked YOU what you meant.
No, by your own admission you asked me because you don't understand what the words mean.

You obviously didnt even understand the logic,
What logic? You offered none. Your entire post was "Which means?" There is no logic there.

let alone the question.
I understood your question, fine, too - which is why addressed it. Three times, now.

BMS

Gosh. Are you suggesting that the English word"foetus" (or fetus) is adapted from the Latin? What about pyjama, or bungalow? Or beef and mutton? English is full of words appropriated from other languages. Sometimes the meaning is retained, sometimes it is changed or adapted. What the word meant in its original meaning is not am accurate guide to its definition in English.

Incidentally, I did study Latin at school, which is why, unlike you, I am capable of parsing a sentence.
But as you said, words mean different things to different people, so how do we know whether the meaning is retained?

BMS

You don't understand either the word 'irrelevant' or the word 'unresponsive'? Then I'd suggest you learn how to use a dictionary and do so.
So do you agree with Temujin that words mean different things to different people? I dont have your response to this point.

Electric Skeptic

So do you agree with Temujin that words mean different things to different people? I dont have your response to this point.
Because that is a discussion I am not interested in. Take it up with him. I'm not interested in these little games.

Temujin

But as you said, words mean different things to different people, so how do we know whether the meaning is retained?
No, that not what I said, or implied. That is dishonest of you. That Christians cannot decide between themselves what the teaching of the Bible means does not mean that I think that words have no fixed meaning. That is your position. I am quite content to accept the meaning of words as defined by a dictionary. You are not. You have asked me to give my understanding of a selection of words from the Bible. You didn't bother to show that these words are actually in the Bible, that they are an accurate translation from the original author or that they were taken in context. Neither did you refute that other words taken from the Bible cast doubt or directly contradict the words you have chosen. Nor were you able to deny or explain that eminent Christians, with a rather higher trust profile than yourself, do not agree with the meanings that you ascribe to the Bible. The Bible is not a subject I am interested. If you want to use the disputed meaning of disputed phrases in a contradictory and ambiguous collection of second, third and fifth hand writings from previous millennia, as an authority to give weight to your personal pronouncements on contemporary issues, then you are fooling yourself. The Bible may be instrumental in how you come to your personal viewpoint, but it is completely irrelevant to actually reaching a resolution. It has nothing to say on the matter that has any weight, anymore than any other book.

BMS

No, that not what I said, or implied. That is dishonest of you. That Christians cannot decide between themselves what the teaching of the Bible means does not mean that I think that words have no fixed meaning.
No. That is dishonest of you.

I posted quotes from the Bible and your response included "I have pointed out that what the words mean to you are not what the words mean to other Christians "
So no shared language Temujin, or is that just no shared language where other people disagree with your worldview?
For example, "the narrow gate", how do the words 'narrow' and 'gate' have different meanings to different Christians? They don't.

One of the reasons it is not important to me, is that other people, who also call themselves Christian use what they also claim are the words of Jesus to say something completely opposite to what you say.
So what do the words say and mean Temujin? So when presented with the words in the Biblical text you simply say other people don't agree. Well Temujin, other people dont agree with you.

Arguing a point based on "this is what Jesus says" is completely worthless,
Its invaluable when looking at what is recorded as Jesus saying. That is is worthless to you doesn't mean it is worthless, it just means it is worthless to you.
since Jesus apparently said a lot of things that are interpreted in different ways.
Apparently? so you aren't sure then. So no examples. Your opinion is worthless unless you have attempt to demonstrate it.

You are not Jesus.
What on earth possessed you to make such a ridiculous statement. Nowhere have I claimed that and every time I have posted what Jesus said from the Bible it tells us its what Jesus said and not what I said.

I am afraid that when you claim to speak with the voice of Jesus,
I dont think I have ever claimed that. I have posted what Jesus said, but I haven't specifically claimed to be speaking with His voice. Give us an example. But dont be afraid, "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John

I don't believe you.
Or to be more precise, you dont believe Jesus

That is your position. I am quite content to accept the meaning of words as defined by a dictionary.
But not if they dont agree with what some Christians think. I see.
You have asked me to give my understanding of a selection of words from the Bible.
So you think that is unreasonable?
You didn't bother to show that these words are actually in the Bible, that they are an accurate translation from the original author or that they were taken in context.
Well I did cite where they are from in the Bible, and they have been translated by expert linguists and I can give you the context but your responses were that you arent interested. Can we revisit them then?
Neither did you refute that other words taken from the Bible cast doubt or directly contradict the words you have chosen.
There aren't any concerning the ones I quoted. For example "“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
Nowhere does the NT say the gate is wide and the road broad. So for example He also says "4 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.” - Luke 13

Nor were you able to deny or explain that eminent Christians, with a rather higher trust profile than yourself, do not agree with the meanings that you ascribe to the Bible.
Do you mean, the Pope the ABC and Lord Steele that you cited? We saw that they essentially did. So not sure where you are with that.
The Bible is not a subject I am interested. If you want to use the disputed meaning
But you are interested enough to suggest that there are different meanings, but not interested enough to be able to support that claim.

BMS

If you don't understand basic English, that's your problem. Everybody else on the board seems to be able to do it okay.
Obviously I do understand basic English. You understood my last post didnt you?

You guys are unable to address the message, only the messenger. ie if you dont like the message you attack the messenger rather than discuss the message

Electric Skeptic

Obviously I do understand basic English. You understood my last post didnt you?
Then stop whining about not understanding basic English. You're not making sense.

You guys are unable to address the message, only the messenger. ie if you dont like the message you attack the messenger rather than discuss the message
The only message you've given me so far is that you had difficulty understanding a two word post.

BMS

Then stop whining about not understanding basic English. You're not making sense.

The only message you've given me so far is that you had difficulty understanding a two word post.
'the stop whining' is not an answer to the question "You understood my last post didnt you?"

J regia

The modern sonogram technology shows us the mom has a human baby in utero.

The heart monitor is an electronic sensor which displays the heart rate. They watch it to see when the baby has been killed before chopping the baby into parts for extraction. It is against the law to deliver a baby and kill it outside the womb.

Luddites oppose the sonogram and do NOT want to have the mom watch it.

Inventors

Ian Donald and engineer Tom Brown

OB doc Ian Donald was vehemently anti abortion. Barbaric
And if you are aborting an early pregnancy, do you also listen for an embryo heartbeat before you chop it up?