Luke 1:39-56, Mary visits Elizabeth

LifeIn

Please do not put words into my mouth. The unsaved are not stupid, they just do not know about God and NO ONE knows when they will be lead to meet Jesus.
I wasn't putting words in your mouth. It was a serious question. I know that some in this forum (like 4Him) have expressed the view that the unsaved have no hope of changing their fate. I am glad to hear that you do not share that view because I don't share that view either. I am of the opinion that everyone has the possibility of being saved.

But we are not to put obstacles into your path. No the first thing to do is to introduce the unsaved to Jesus. Shows how little RCs really know about being saved.
No, that's where Catholics start too, introducing children to Jesus at the beginning.

Johan

provided they remain in Him 😌
Provided that He makes them remain in Him.

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. (John 10:28)

He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 1:8)

LifeIn

Provided that He makes them remain in Him.

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. (John 10:28)

He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 1:8)
I wonder what sort of distinction you are trying to make here. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to be over the issue of the will. The question is, do a person's willful choices make any difference in the final disposition of one's soul? Or are we all just passengers sitting in a ride to heaven or hell and all we can do is just sit back with our seatbelts fastened and remain on whatever track this ride is going? Needless to say, the Catholic view is the former. That is, we do choose one path or the other.

JoeT

Mother of God? So Mary is the mother of the Father as well? Or isn't the Father God?
It works like this,

Jesus is God,
Mary is the Mother of Jesus
Consequently, we find Mary is the Mother of God.

Simple, isn't it!

JoeT

mica

I wonder what sort of distinction you are trying to make here. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to be over the issue of the will. The question is, do a person's willful choices make any difference in the final disposition of one's soul? Or are we all just passengers sitting in a ride to heaven or hell and all we can do is just sit back with our seatbelts fastened and remain on whatever track this ride is going? Needless to say, the Catholic view is the former. That is, we do choose one path or the other.
catholics choose man's way - thru the rcc, not God's way.

LifeIn

catholics choose man's way - thru the rcc, not God's way.
So I guess your way is the one where we are passive passengers in our soul bound for wherever that ride is headed? No willful decision on our part affects the ultimate destination?

mica

So I guess your way is the one where we are passive passengers in our soul bound for wherever that ride is headed? No willful decision on our part affects the ultimate destination?
how'd that work out for Peter? go back and read matt 16.12-17 over and over until you see it.