Lutheran doctrine contradicts Lutheran doctrine (i.e. Exodus 12 – Passover Instituted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost five hundred years ago, here is Article VII from the Augsburg Confession:

Article VII. Of the Church​

1 Also they teach that one holy Church is to continue forever. The Church is the congregation of saints, in which the Gospel is rightly taught and the Sacraments are rightly administered.

2 And to the true unity of the Church it is enough to agree concerning the doctrine of the Gospel and

3 the administration of the Sacraments. Nor is it necessary that human traditions, that is, rites or ceremonies, instituted by men, should be everywhere alike.

4 As Paul says: One faith, one Baptism, one God and Father of all, etc. Eph 4:5-6.

All Scripture has a higher authority than Article VII. of the Church. Or, would one disagree with the doctrine of the Apostle Paul;

1 Corinthians 1:10 The Holy Bible, Evangelical Heritage Version®, EHV®, © 2019
10 Brothers,[a] I am making an appeal to you using the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I ask that you all express the same view and not have any divisions among you, but that you be joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

2 Corinthians 13:11 The Holy Bible, Evangelical Heritage Version®, EHV®, © 2019
11 Finally, brothers,[a] rejoice. Set things in order. Be encouraged. Agree with one another. Be at peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

Footnote:
[a] When context indicates it, the Greek word for brothers may refer to all fellow believers, male and female.

Carefully study the premise in the original post. Are all Lutherans expressing the same view regarding the Holy Scripture (Exodus 12:6 - "beyn ha'arbayim - "between two evenings"? Or, are Lutherans divided in this matter, contrary to the teachings of Jesus, and the Apostle to the Gentiles, the Apostle Paul? (i.e. bearing false witness to one another, i.e. lying to one another) (i.e. (Matthew 19:18); (Colossians 3:9))

Regarding the true unity of the congregation of saints within the one true faith, they should be joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement. (i.e. expressing the same view, not having divisions among them) (i.e. agree with one another, be at peace with one another)

Time to set things in order before it's too late!

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world

All three Lutheran positions below claim “truth” “according to the Scriptures”. (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - “beyn ha’arbayim – “between two evenings” – “twilight”)

Which Lutheran doctrinal position is true “according to the Scriptures”? (1)?; (2)?; (3)?

Which Lutheran doctrinal positions are bearing “false” witness? (1)?; (2)?; (3)? (i.e. contrary to God’s commands to Moses in Exodus 12 – Passover)

There is only “one” Holy Spirit “inspired” meaning of “beyn ha’arbayim – “between two evenings” – “twilight” – “according to the Scriptures”. (i.e. "first" mention – Exodus 12:6)

ss|(1)_____________________(_2_)ss|(3)________________________ss|

Key: - ss| (sunset)

Key: - Exodus 12:6 - “beyn ha’arbayim” – “between two evenings” – “twilight” – positions (1); (2); (3)

• (1) – twilight beginning Nisan 14 - between sunset and “end of daylight” – from Jewish man’s perspective – sunset to sunset reckoning
  • (2) – twilight between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. ending Nisan 14 afternoon – sunset to sunset reckoning
  • (3) – twilight ending Nisan 14 – between sunset and “end of daylight” – from God’s Perspective – (i.e. Nisan 14 from God’s Perspective - “beginning of daylight” (morning) to “end of daylight” (evening) reckoning - (i.e. Genesis 1:5) (Numbers 9:15,21))

Key: - Exodus 12:6 - “beyn ha’arbayim” – “between two evenings” – “twilight” – positions (1); (2); (3)

• (1) – (i.e. LCMS doctrine – i.e. per interim President Dr. Daniel Preus - Concordia Seminary St. Louis )
  • (2) – (i.e. WELS doctrine – i.e. W. Georgi’s doctrine - Concordia Theological Monthly -Vol. XVIII; April, 1947; No. 4) (p. 264, last paragraph)
  • (3) – (i.e. Paschal Lamb Ministries’ doctrine – i.e. David Behrens' doctrine - baptized and confirmed in the Lutheran traditions (LCMS) within the one true faith – Biblical Judeo/Christian faith (Genesis 1:1 – Revelation 22:21))

Note1: All Lutherans are bound by Scriptural authority (Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21), and by the Lutheran Confessions’ authority - not to make public or declare for truth, anything that cannot be properly proved with sufficient clear evidence. (i.e. Reference: The Book of Concord - The Large Catechism - The Ten Commandments - The Eighth Commandment - 254] 271] 272]; (1 Thessalonians 5:19-21))

Note2: (LCMS) Concordia Seminary St. Louis interim President Dr. Daniel Preus confirmed to Paschal Lamb Ministries in November, 2020, that W. Georgi’s article (Concordia Theological Monthly -Vol. XVIII; April, 1947; No. 4), was never adopted by Concordia Seminary as its official position, and that it cannot be said that Concordia Seminary St. Louis espouses W. Georgi’s views.

So, Lutherans, which doctrine truthfully shows how Moses, and the congregation of Israel, obeyed God’s commands in (Exodus 12:6) perfectly? If Lutherans don’t clearly understand how God’s commands in (Exodus 12:6) were perfectly obeyed by Moses, and the congregation of Israel, then Lutherans can’t possibly clearly understand how Jesus, and Jesus’ family and friends, perfectly obeyed God’s commands in (Exodus 12:6) during their lifetimes.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Footnote: [a] training, discipline

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
I'm not sure about all your ongoing dogma, but Georgi's work was done with LCMS & WELS, ELS in altar and pulpit fellowship. Can you demonstrate from W Georgi's work that his views were doctrinally bound teaching for salvation or condemnation as your view does?

Last edited:
All Scripture has a higher authority than Article VII. of the Church. Or, would one disagree with the doctrine of the Apostle Paul;

1 Corinthians 1:10 The Holy Bible, Evangelical Heritage Version®, EHV®, © 2019
10 Brothers,[a] I am making an appeal to you using the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I ask that you all express the same view and not have any divisions among you, but that you be joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

2 Corinthians 13:11 The Holy Bible, Evangelical Heritage Version®, EHV®, © 2019
11 Finally, brothers,[a] rejoice. Set things in order. Be encouraged. Agree with one another. Be at peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

Footnote:
[a] When context indicates it, the Greek word for brothers may refer to all fellow believers, male and female.

Carefully study the premise in the original post. Are all Lutherans expressing the same view regarding the Holy Scripture (Exodus 12:6 - "beyn ha'arbayim - "between two evenings"? Or, are Lutherans divided in this matter, contrary to the teachings of Jesus, and the Apostle to the Gentiles, the Apostle Paul? (i.e. bearing false witness to one another, i.e. lying to one another) (i.e. (Matthew 19:18); (Colossians 3:9))

Regarding the true unity of the congregation of saints within the one true faith, they should be joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement. (i.e. expressing the same view, not having divisions among them) (i.e. agree with one another, be at peace with one another)

Time to set things in order before it's too late!

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
The irony in your post is as thick as a six foot thick brick wall. You imagine a command to the Gentiles to use the Jewish calendar and then write of unity and how terrible it is if people don't accept your law centered imagination as authoritative.

The Faith has already come, the justification from God that is apart from the law.

I'm not sure about all your ongoing dogma, but Georgi's work was done with LCMS & WELS, ELS in altar and pulpit fellowship. Can you demonstrate from W Georgi's work that his views were doctrinally bound teaching for salvation or condemnation as your view does?
That is a point I have made earlier...is believing the lamb was killed at a certain time of day, in the Law of Moses, which we are not under, necessary for salvation? Did Peter or Paul preach that it is?

The answer should be obvious.

Last edited:
That is a point I have made earlier...is believing the lamb was killed at a certain time of day, in the Law of Moses, which we are not under, necessary for salvation? Did Peter or Paul preach that it is?

The answer should be obvious.
Thanks Bonnie!?

Say what one will, but Lutherans are divided in this matter (reference original post), contrary to the teachings of Jesus, and contrary to the teachings of the Apostle to the Gentiles, the Apostle Paul? (i.e. bearing false witness to one another, i.e. lying to one another) (i.e. (Matthew 19:18); (Colossians 3:9))

Truth matters! Abide in the "doctrine of Christ". (2 John 9)

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Say what one will, but Lutherans are divided in this matter (reference original post), contrary to the teachings of Jesus, and contrary to the teachings of the Apostle to the Gentiles, the Apostle Paul? (i.e. bearing false witness to one another, i.e. lying to one another) (i.e. (Matthew 19:18); (Colossians 3:9))

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Hi David, just because you believe what you believe doesn't make it so. Declaring Jewish calendar doctrine that you say unites all of Christendom providing they bend their knee to your innovative views is riddled with problems. By the way that whole premise of yours begs the question, unite in what exactly? It's easier to understand your opined dogma as it divides all of Christendom. This also pertains as to whether or not you make use if the law in other ways like beating people over their heads with accusations of bearing false witness or lying to one another. IOW it doesn't make it so just because you pronounce something as if you couldn't possibly error in judging the hearts and motives of men.
I give you the benefit of the doubt in believing your sincere in your understanding and its assertion, but your view is very specific that few if anyone find christian harmony. What about your with other matters of division of doctrine, why is it this same issue? It seems if the claim is uniting all of Christendom, a more than bold claim, then you would have work just as in depth on all the other areas that divide or at least make an effort, wouldn't you? Or for some reason, you're okay with certain doctrine being divided over? How is that consistent with your premise? Maybe your grand claim if uniting needs to be more focused instead of so broad and inclusive? Just thinking outloud...
Thanks again.
Nic?

Hi David, just because you believe what you believe doesn't make it so. Declaring Jewish calendar doctrine that you say unites all of Christendom providing they bend their knee to your innovative views is riddled with problems. By the way that whole premise of yours begs the question, unite in what exactly? It's easier to understand your opined dogma as it divides all of Christendom. This also pertains as to whether or not you make use if the law in other ways like beating people over their heads with accusations of bearing false witness or lying to one another. IOW it doesn't make it so just because you pronounce something as if you couldn't possibly error in judging the hearts and motives of men.
I give you the benefit of the doubt in believing your sincere in your understanding and its assertion, but your view is very specific that few if anyone find christian harmony. What about your with other matters of division of doctrine, why is it this same issue? It seems if the claim is uniting all of Christendom, a more than bold claim, then you would have work just as in depth on all the other areas that divide or at least make an effort, wouldn't you? Or for some reason, you're okay with certain doctrine being divided over? How is that consistent with your premise? Maybe your grand claim if uniting needs to be more focused instead of so broad and inclusive? Just thinking outloud...
Thanks again.
Nic?

Hi Nic, just because you believe what you believe doesn't make it so.

I am a child of the living God. Jesus is my Lord and Savior, now and for everlasting.

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

The irony in your post is as thick as a six foot thick brick wall. You imagine a command to the Gentiles to use the Jewish calendar and then write of unity and how terrible it is if people don't accept your law centered imagination as authoritative.

The Faith has already come, the justification from God that is apart from the law.

To talk about a law centered imagination as authoritative, all one would have to do is read the Evangelical Heritage Version EHV®, © 2019 Wartburg Project translation - (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - "sunset")

Jesus did not follow the command in (Exodus 12:6) (i.e. sunset) as imagined by the Wartburg Project translators. What bewitched them to add that translation to Holy Scripture? (i.e. "sunset" - "nullifies" the Word of God (i.e. "all other" "most likely" English translations of Exodus 12:6); "quenches" the Holy Spirit (i.e. "beyn ha'arbayim" - "first mention" (Exodus 12:6)) ; "despises" all of Messiah's fulfilled "verbatim" Resurrection prophesies on earth (i.e. (Matthew 26:2; Mark 8:31)) Jesus never "nullifies' the Word of God "on earth"; Jesus never "quenches" the Holy Spirit "on earth"; Jesus never "despises" all of Messiah's fulfilled "verbatim" Resurrection prophesies on earth.

Hebrews 13:8 Evangelical Heritage Version EHV®, © 2019 Wartburg Project translation
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Hi Nic, just because you believe what you believe doesn't make it so.

I am a child of the living God. Jesus is my Lord and Savior, now and for everlasting.

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Morning David, sure I can always be wrong, as can you. I never said you were not a believer. I take issue with the law you demand of others. As stated previously, you appear to give a pass on other law where Christians dispute yet you focus on a single point as essential to saving faith.
I'm fairly confident I abide in the doctrine of Christ with your ongoing objection noted.

Nic

Morning David, sure I can always be wrong, as can you. I never said you were not a believer. I take issue with the law you demand of others. As stated previously, you appear to give a pass on other law where Christians dispute yet you focus on a single point as essential to saving faith.
I'm fairly confident I abide in the doctrine of Christ with your ongoing objection noted.

Nic

Your issue is not with me. Your issue is with the "law demands" of the Lutheran Confessions - Book of Concord, and all the demands that they place upon believers in Jesus Christ on earth today. (i.e. All Lutherans are bound by Scriptural authority (Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21), and by the Lutheran Confessions’ authority - not to make public or declare for truth, anything that cannot be properly proved with sufficient clear evidence. (i.e. Reference: The Book of Concord - The Large Catechism - The Ten Commandments - The Eighth Commandment - 254] 271] 272]; (1 Thessalonians 5:19-21)))

So Nic, do you believe that anything can be made public and declared for truth, without first properly proving that matter with sufficient and clear evidence? If so, why? How would one rewrite the Book of Concord's explanation of the eighth commandment to reflect Nic's perspective?

Lutherans today tend to place the 2nd and 3rd tiers of authority above the Holy Scriptures - 1st tier of authority, so much so, that the 2nd and 3rd tiers of authority are grafted into the Holy Scriptures via ungodly and unrighteous translations. (i.e. Evangelical Heritage Version EHV®, © 2019 Wartburg Project translation (Exodus 12:6 - "sunset")) - (i.e. Covid 19 pandemic) Lutherans would also argue with the Apostle Paul over his teachings, if they were given the opportunity today. (i.e. 1 Corinthians 1:10; 2 Corinthians 13:11)

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Your issue is not with me. Your issue is with the "law demands" of the Lutheran Confessions - Book of Concord, and all the demands that they place upon believers in Jesus Christ on earth today. (i.e. All Lutherans are bound by Scriptural authority (Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21), and by the Lutheran Confessions’ authority - not to make public or declare for truth, anything that cannot be properly proved with sufficient clear evidence. (i.e. Reference: The Book of Concord - The Large Catechism - The Ten Commandments - The Eighth Commandment - 254] 271] 272]; (1 Thessalonians 5:19-21)))

So Nic, do you believe that anything can be made public and declared for truth, without first properly proving that matter with sufficient and clear evidence? If so, why? How would one rewrite the Book of Concord's explanation of the eighth commandment to reflect Nic's perspective?

Lutherans today tend to place the 2nd and 3rd tiers of authority above the Holy Scriptures - 1st tier of authority, so much so, that the 2nd and 3rd tiers of authority are grafted into the Holy Scriptures via ungodly and unrighteous translations. (i.e. Evangelical Heritage Version EHV®, © 2019 Wartburg Project translation (Exodus 12:6 - "sunset")) - (i.e. Covid 19 pandemic) Lutherans would also argue with the Apostle Paul over his teachings, if they were given the opportunity today. (i.e. 1 Corinthians 1:10; 2 Corinthians 13:11)

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
David, the gospel between the book ends you cite remains the same, whether one is Lutheran or any other believer, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Nic.

David, the gospel between the book ends you cite remains the same, whether one is Lutheran or any other believer, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Nic.

I agree with the Holy Spirit "inspired" Scriptures, what is one's point?

Ephesians 2:8-9 New King James Version
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Are these questions too difficult for one to answer?
Does one believe that anything can be made public and declared for truth, without first properly proving that matter with sufficient and clear evidence? If so, why? How would one rewrite the Book of Concord's explanation of the eighth commandment to reflect one's perspective?

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Does one believe that anything can be made public and declared for truth, without first properly proving that matter with sufficient and clear evidence? If so, why? How would one rewrite the Book of Concord's explanation of the eighth commandment to reflect one's perspective?

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
The point is the gospel saves to the uttermost, yes even apart from abiding by any calendar observance as required in your paradigm. Obedience is how one complies with the law, but we are saved not by obedience as you seem to assert, but by grace through the gift of faith.

Nic.

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
I saw your questions as superfluous as to whether or not a person is saved by grace through the gift of faith. I'll also note you've avoided my concerns about unity and other points of non-Christian harmony which you seem to give a selective pass.
It's one thing for a person to break a commandment, it's another thing to accuse another of same. It's safe to say however, that you, I and the rest of mankind, break every last commandment.

Nic.

Last edited:

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Hi David. I have no idea when you departed the Lutheran Confessions, but I'll try to address your question.
Does one believe that anything can be made public and declared for truth, without first properly proving that matter with sufficient and clear evidence? If so, why?​
I'll stand by this, a person neither has to explain nor understand it, for the gospel to save another. Faith comes by hearing the word of God. If you like you may rephrase for the hearing impaired that gospel saves by virtue or the message and the work of the Holy Spirit. How the message is delivered is a secondary or tertiary point at best. To insist on comprehension as necessary to aid both the Holy Spirit or the divine message makes your comprehension on par with or in greater need for God himself or his divine message to save.
If you insist that comprehension is the catalyst or mover in salvation, in the very least your view is synergism and tantamount to being in part your own savior.
Would you care to cite the Book of Concord's or Catechetical reference to the eight commandment that may reflect this rewrite in contrast to anything I've said? That would give me a helpful starting point, thank you!

Nic

No accusations, reprove, correction, and exposure! Truth matters! Abide in the "doctrine of Christ"! (2 John 9)

Ephesians 5:8-14 New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson

8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the [1]Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), 10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather [2]expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. 13 But all things that are [3]exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. 14 Therefore He says:

“Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,
And Christ will give you light.”

Footnotes:

[1] NU light [2] reprove [3] reproved

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

No accusations, reprove, correction, and exposure! Truth matters! Abide in the "doctrine of Christ"! (2 John 9)

8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the [1]Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), 10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather [2]expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. 13 But all things that are [3]exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. 14 Therefore He says:

“Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,

Footnotes:

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Here's some issues:
You say abide in the doctrine of Christ.
I say demonstrate that what you say was taught as such in the New Testament.
What about Baptism and the Lord's Supper are they also the doctrine of Christ? If so, how do you abide by those?
I have a hunch, this will go no where.
Here's another question for you. Can a person simply read the new testament and be saved and have full knowledge of your minutia of twilight evenings, et al, or do you contend it is unlikely that a person could truly be saved in such a way or is it that your emphasis of between, twilight, evenings, doesn't save anyone but serves as a form of ecumenism? Is that your beef?

Nic

“Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,

Footnotes:

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Good morning David,
Is the decalogue also the doctrine of Christ? I can make a case for and against, how about you? What's your take?

Nic

Here's some issues:
You say abide in the doctrine of Christ.
I say demonstrate that what you say was taught as such in the New Testament.
What about Baptism and the Lord's Supper are they also the doctrine of Christ? If so, how do you abide by those?
I have a hunch, this will go no where.
Here's another question for you. Can a person simply read the new testament and be saved and have full knowledge of your minutia of twilight evenings, et al, or do you contend it is unlikely that a person could truly be saved in such a way or is it that your emphasis of between, twilight, evenings, doesn't save anyone but serves as a form of ecumenism? Is that your beef?

Nic

Is that your beef?

Read post #289 again. (i.e. Lutherans bearing "false" witness to other Lutherans) (i.e. not properly proving their "addition" to Holy Scripture with sufficient and clear evidence to other Lutherans. (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - "sunset") This Lutheran "addition" to Holy Scripture "nullifies" the word of God, "quenches" the Spirit, and "despises" all of Messiah's "verbatim" Resurrection prophecies on earth.

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back