Lutheran doctrine contradicts Lutheran doctrine (i.e. Exodus 12 – Passover Instituted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that your beef?

Read post #289 again. (i.e. Lutherans bearing "false" witness to other Lutherans) (i.e. not properly proving their "addition" to Holy Scripture with sufficient and clear evidence to other Lutherans. (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - "sunset") This Lutheran "addition" to Holy Scripture "nullifies" the word of God, "quenches" the Spirit, and "despises" all of Messiah's "verbatim" Resurrection prophecies on earth.

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world
Hi David,
I'm sorry I don't see what you see.
Is the decalogue the doctrine of Christ?
What about Baptism and Holy Communion, are these the doctrine of Christ?

I already know you won't or can't answer these questions.

So you insist on harmony yet won't disclose what is harmony when asked.
The avoidance is there for some reason.

Thanks again.

Nic.

Is that your beef?

Read post #289 again. (i.e. Lutherans bearing "false" witness to other Lutherans) (i.e. not properly proving their "addition" to Holy Scripture with sufficient and clear evidence to other Lutherans. (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - "sunset") This Lutheran "addition" to Holy Scripture "nullifies" the word of God, "quenches" the Spirit, and "despises" all of Messiah's "verbatim" Resurrection prophecies on earth.

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
David, I looked at this again. What I see is a person who built a ministry around his own understanding. I don't see one translation or another as lying so much nor those that use them unless their of the likes of WatchTower or LDS and perhaps some lesser known renderings.
I'm sorry but I don't agree with your premise or conclusion. I'm truly sorry.

Nic

David, I looked at this again. What I see is a person who built a ministry around his own understanding. I don't see one translation or another as lying so much nor those that use them unless their of the likes of WatchTower or LDS and perhaps some lesser known renderings.

Nic
I would like to see where in the NT any Apostle taught that believing the correct time of day the Paschal lamb was slaughtered in the LoM is necessary for salvation, especially in tbe NEW and BETTER covenant in the blood of the spotless Lamb of God, Who alone takes away the sins of the world. The old covenant is null and void, fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

The OP is much ado about nothing, majoring on the minors.

I got halfway through the thread, all that I can get out of the opster's rant, is a sda teaching on commandment keeping. They like to be as confusing and vague as possible, so they can slip in their doctrines under the door without anyone noticing. They look for common ground, and then later use them against their victims in order to persuade them to move over to focusing on the 4 commandment and all the OT rituals, in which they, themselves can NOT keep perfectly. But want all other's to come under their umbrella.

I got halfway through the thread, all that I can get out of the opster's rant, is a sda teaching on commandment keeping. They like to be as confusing and vague as possible, so they can slip in their doctrines under the door without anyone noticing. They look for common ground, and then later use them against their victims in order to persuade them to move over to focusing on the 4 commandment and all the OT rituals, in which they, themselves can NOT keep perfectly. But want all other's to come under their umbrella.

No rant
No SDA teaching on commandment keeping
No confusion and no vagueness
No victims
No focus on OT rituals

Thanks for your opinion.

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

I would like to see where in the NT any Apostle taught that believing the correct time of day the Paschal lamb was slaughtered in the LoM is necessary for salvation, especially in tbe NEW and BETTER covenant in the blood of the spotless Lamb of God, Who alone takes away the sins of the world. The old covenant is null and void, fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

The OP is much ado about nothing, majoring on the minors.

One has made many attempts to deflect from the OP and to change the subject often, and drastically. Repeating the same old points, over and over again, without answering the questions in the OP.

Thanks for your opinion.

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Nic

One doesn't have to agree with the OP premise. That is one's choice to agree or to disagree.

Thanks for your opinion. The ministry is a gift I received from the Father of lights.

James 1:17 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson.
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

No rant
No victims
No focus on OT rituals

Thanks for your opinion.

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Personally, you've reminded me or given me the impression I have at times when I'm around some Messianic advocates like those of these on this forum and elsewhere. I've seen you go head to head as if the same interests were emphatic to a greater or lesser degree all the while having different understandings. In fact once I invited you to such a conversation a few board generations or more ago.
I find it curious that you alone are gifted with an unique understanding to reform in uniting all of Christendom. In some sense, with your alleged gift that makes you an ecumenical prophet of the Lord. One odd thing about this whole idea is you say everyone who is a Christian who rejects your very lonely prophecy, is condemned as if the gift of faith through any means is meaningless. For me that's enough to relegate your unique gift as a message contrary to the message once delivered to the saints. I know you are quick to point out all these persons from the new testament believe as you insist without however a shred of proof. You "gift" is rooted in reasoning and advocating law over promise. I think there is more evidence for an indictment in the new testament opposed to your litigious mandate than any inkling of support.
One doesn't have to agree with the OP premise. That is one's choice to agree or to disagree.

Thanks for your opinion. The ministry is a gift I received from the Father of lights.

James 1:17 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson.
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Your welcome.

Nic

No rant
No victims
No focus on OT rituals

Yet, you focus on the time of day the paschal lamb was slaughtered--part of the OT ritual in the Law of Moses. Which is null and void in the new and better covenant of grace in the blood of the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.
Thanks for your opinion.

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
No harmony at all do you bring, but dissention over something that is no longer even relevant.

The time of day the Paschal lamb was slaughtered in the Law of Moses isn't a doctrine in the Lutheran church. What IS doctrine is that Jesus Christ fulfilled the LoM, and became the ultimate "Lamb of God" who alone can take away the sins of the world, by His holy, innocent, suffering and death on the cross--and by His glorious resurrection.

What ministry? So, God the Father told you to focus on this one minor point from the OT LoM, a point that is no longer the slightest bit relevant, and hasn't been for nearly 2000 years? Somehow I doubt that.

I don't see this near fanatical focusing of yours on the time of day the Paschal lamb was slaughtered and the differences of opinion between two Lutheran pastors as a "good gift" at all, and certainly not one to being peace or harmony. The time of day the Paschal lamb was slaughtered isn't even a doctrine in our church. I have never even heard of its being taught. The focus in our church, instead, is on Jesus Christ, Who completely fulfilled the OT LoM, and ushered in the new and BETTER covenant of grace in HIS blood, shed on Calvary's cross, for the forgiveness of our sins.
In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
You are not bringing harmony at all, but dissention over something that has no relevance whatsoever in the Gospel message.

The time of day the Paschal lamb was slaughtered in the Law of Moses isn't a doctrine in the Lutheran church. What IS doctrine is that Jesus Christ fulfilled the LoM, and became the ultimate "Lamb of God" who alone can take away the sins of the world, by His holy, innocent, suffering and death on the cross--and by His glorious resurrection.

What ministry? So, God the Father told you to focus on this one minor point from the OT LoM, a point that is no longer the slightest bit relevant, and hasn't been for nearly 2000 years? Somehow I doubt that.

I don't see this near fanatical focusing of yours on the time of day the Paschal lamb was slaughtered and the differences of opinion between two Lutheran pastors as a "good gift" at all, and certainly not one to being peace or harmony. The time of day the Paschal lamb was slaughtered isn't even a doctrine in our church. I have never even heard of its being taught. The focus in our church, instead, is on Jesus Christ, Who completely fulfilled the OT LoM, and ushered in the new and BETTER covenant of grace in HIS blood, shed on Calvary's cross, for the forgiveness of our sins.

You are not bringing harmony at all, but dissention over something that has no relevance whatsoever in the Gospel message.
You really don't beat around the bush. Lol

No, I don't. I believe in being direct. :) Less chance of misunderstanding. :)

Why should anyone believe one's posts here, when the original post questions are unanswered by you.

One lacks any credibility relative to the original post in one's meaningless responses.

Jesus determines who believes in him and who doesn't. One's misunderstanding of Holy Scripture is clearly evident for all to see.

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Why should anyone believe one's posts here, when the original post questions are unanswered by you.

What questions? But then, you have never answered mine...
One lacks any credibility relative to the original post in one's meaningless responses.

My responses are far from meaningless.
Jesus determines who believes in him and who doesn't. One's misunderstanding of Holy Scripture is clearly evident for all to see.

Yes, we see it in your posts, majoring on something that is not even doctrine in our church, and is totally irrelevant in the new and Better covenant in the blood of the ultimate Lamb of God, who alone takes away the sin of the world.
In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Your posts do not serve Christ Jesus or anyone, and certainly do not bring unity in the church, but rather, divide, making an issue out of a complete non-issue in the New and better Covenant in Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nic
To talk about a law centered imagination as authoritative, all one would have to do is read the Evangelical Heritage Version EHV®, © 2019 Wartburg Project translation - (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - "sunset")

Jesus did not follow the command in (Exodus 12:6) (i.e. sunset) as imagined by the Wartburg Project translators. What bewitched them to add that translation to Holy Scripture? (i.e. "sunset" - "nullifies" the Word of God (i.e. "all other" "most likely" English translations of Exodus 12:6); "quenches" the Holy Spirit (i.e. "beyn ha'arbayim" - "first mention" (Exodus 12:6)) ; "despises" all of Messiah's fulfilled "verbatim" Resurrection prophesies on earth (i.e. (Matthew 26:2; Mark 8:31)) Jesus never "nullifies' the Word of God "on earth"; Jesus never "quenches" the Holy Spirit "on earth"; Jesus never "despises" all of Messiah's fulfilled "verbatim" Resurrection prophesies on earth.

Hebrews 13:8 Evangelical Heritage Version EHV®, © 2019 Wartburg Project translation
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Your claim about the EHV translation in this regard is silly and false. Like all enthusiasts you assert one way of translating correctly translating a passage, that is, your way alone. It was previously noted that the EHV footnoted your preferred translation.

If you acknowledge and affirm that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever then please note that He gave no command to the Gentiles to adopt the Hebrew calendar or their loose or eye ball method of reckoning time.

You have an anti-christ and anti-Evangelical view that is contrary to the objective true good news to all men regarding Jesus the son of Mary and the Son of God.

Your claim about the EHV translation in this regard is silly and false. Like all enthusiasts you assert one way of translating correctly translating a passage, that is, your way alone. It was previously noted that the EHV footnoted your preferred translation.

If you acknowledge and affirm that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever then please note that He gave no command to the Gentiles to adopt the Hebrew calendar or their loose or eye ball method of reckoning time.

You have an anti-christ and anti-Evangelical view that is contrary to the objective true good news to all men regarding Jesus the son of Mary and the Son of God.

If you acknowledge and affirm that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever then please note that He gave no command to the Gentiles to translate the Hebrew Tanakh. (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV - 2019))

(i.e. Deuteronomy 4:2; Romans 15:4)

Romans 15:4 New King James Version
4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the [a]patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.

Footnote: [a] perseverance

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

If you acknowledge and affirm that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever then please note that He gave no command to the Gentiles to translate the Hebrew Tanakh. (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV - 2019))
You're kidding, right? If you have inferred and mean to state that Jesus didn't want the Tanakh translated then do you also consider it to be an error that the Apostles wrote in Greek, the far reaching common language of their day? Their writings contained translations of the Scriptures.

If you meant to express your displeasure regarding an English translation which has your preferred English translation as a footnote then you are expressing a personal preference. Don't mistake your personal preference for a command or law from God.

You're kidding, right? If you have inferred and mean to state that Jesus didn't want the Tanakh translated then do you also consider it to be an error that the Apostles wrote in Greek, the far reaching common language of their day? Their writings contained translations of the Scriptures.

If you meant to express your displeasure regarding an English translation which has your preferred English translation as a footnote then you are expressing a personal preference. Don't mistake your personal preference for a command or law from God.

One is kidding right? So one is comparing the Scriptures that the Apostles wrote (i.e. Holy Spirit "inspired"), to the texts that the Evangelical Heritage Version translators translated, or mistranslated. (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - Evangelical Heritage Version) (EHV - 2019)

The literal Hebrew meaning of "beyn ha'arbayim" is in the main text of Exodus 12:6. It is not a footnote in the Tanakh! What Jewish source lists "sunset" as the true Hebrew meaning of "beyn ha'arbayim" in Exodus 12:6? Answer: None!

It is in fact, the Evangelical Heritage Version English translators (EHV - 2019) that have expressed their extreme disdain with the correct previous English translations of (Exodus 12:6 - "beyn ha'arbayim" - "between the evenings", "dusk", and "twilight"), by changing the main text to (Exodus 12:6 - "beyn ha'arbayim" - "sunset").

As is evidenced by today's perplexing world events, it is the Evangelical Heritage Version Bible translators (EHV - 2019) that are partly responsible for the present pouring out of God's wrath on unrighteousness. (i.e. unrepentant) (i.e. Exodus 12:6; Romans 1:18-19 - i.e. suppressing the truth in unrighteousness)

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

One is kidding right?
No. You were the one who made a context less blanket statement regarding translation.
So one is comparing the Scriptures that the Apostles wrote (i.e. Holy Spirit "inspired"), to the texts that the Evangelical Heritage Version translators translated, or mistranslated. (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - Evangelical Heritage Version) (EHV - 2019)
You are again expressing your personal preference in translation which has been addressed numerous times in the past.

One shouldn't mistake one's personal preference for a. law or command from God.

Misery loves company...hah! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back