Lutheran doctrine contradicts Lutheran doctrine (i.e. Exodus 12 – Passover Instituted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've been given the Scriptural facts in the original post, but you refuse to accept them. You have also refused to answer the questions in the original post. Why?

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world
The Scriptural facts, the particular English translations of Scripture, which were in the OP do not support the Christ less interpretive scheme in which you are trying to place them. That is why in the years you've been posting these claims youve never been able to produce a command to the Gentiles to adopt the Hebrew calendar, etc.

Trust Christ, the Alpha and the Omega.

You've been given the Scriptural facts in the original post, but you refuse to accept them. You have also refused to answer the questions in the original post. Why?

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
And you have been shown that the time of day the lamb was slaughtered isn't doctrine in our church, and have refused to answer my simple question: where in the NT did either Jesus or the Apostles teach that knowing and believing the correct time of day the Paschal lamb was slaughtered for Jesus' last supper is something we MUST believe, in order to be saved?

And you have been shown that the time of day the lamb was slaughtered isn't doctrine in our church, and have refused to answer my simple question: where in the NT did either Jesus or the Apostles teach that knowing and believing the correct time of day the Paschal lamb was slaughtered for Jesus' last supper is something we MUST believe, in order to be saved?
Ja, we said no to popery or enthusiasm five hundred years ago.

All of a sudden a very old song popped into my head, Everybody Wants To Rule The World. It probably didn't have an intended theological background but it does sum up the temptation brought by the serpent and what is in the heart of man since the first sin.

All of a sudden a very old song popped into my head, Everybody Wants To Rule The World. It probably didn't have an intended theological background but it does sum up the temptation brought by the serpent and what is in the heart of man since the first sin.
Ah, "My way or the highway," eh? :)

Ah, "My way or the highway," eh? :)
I remember as a newbie, and a fish totally out of water, a German lady from the old country was explaining German culture to me. She basically said, "There is the right way, the wrong way, and the family way. Every family's way is the right way." :)

I remember as a newbie, and a fish totally out of water, a German lady from the old country was explaining German culture to me. She basically said, "There is the right way, the wrong way, and the family way. Every family's way is the right way." :)
Each family thinks its way is the best way. That is natural, I suppose...

?
Great song that is part of the playlist for the new Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind ride at Disney World Epcot. (y)

Sigh. I didn't mean that Jesus' dying on good Friday is NOT something we teach. We do. But what you posted is NOT about doctrines but is simply an explanation for a Greek idiom. That is all. Please learn the difference.

[Official Doctrinal Statements of the Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod - Years: 1847-1998

(i.e. Doctrine correction 1926 11, 144 Every member of Synod has a responsibility to insist on the correction of doctrinally erroneous statements printed in official publications)

(i.e. Church orthodox 1947 40, 485 Doctrine actually taught in pulpits, schools, and publications determines
the orthodoxy of a Church. (Brief Statement, 29)]

"According to the Scriptures" (i.e. Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21), Jesus was not crucified on Good Friday. (i.e. Scriptural evidence is "visually" displayed in the Key of David illustrations) Therefore, those who preach and teach that Jesus' death occurred on Good Friday, are bearing "false" witness against the Scriptures, and are also bearing "false" witness to believers in Jesus Christ "on earth". (i.e. In effect, "nullifying" the "doctrine of Christ", and "quenching" the Holy Spirit - (i.e. Exodus 12:6; Matthew 26:2; Mark 8:31))

In other words, Good Friday is not good! (i.e. John 4:22-24; 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21)

(Key of David illustrations - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-vRZXXbDELqfrMOM1aGgVH9icPmPgpIx/view)

Truth Matters! Abide in the "doctrine of Christ". (i.e. 2 John 9)

2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Footnote: [a] training, discipline

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Dave is this what you wrote, or are you quoting a writing from my church?

"According to the Scriptures" (i.e. Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21), Jesus was not crucified on Good Friday. (i.e. Scriptural evidence is "visually" displayed in the Key of David illustrations) Therefore, those who preach and teach that Jesus' death occurred on Good Friday, are bearing "false" witness against the Scriptures, and are also bearing "false" witness to believers in Jesus Christ "on earth". (i.e. In effect, "nullifying" the "doctrine of Christ", and "quenching" the Holy Spirit - (i.e. Exodus 12:6; Matthew 26:2; Mark 8:31))

It is you that doesn't have the facts and has refused to answer my very simple question, reiterated below. Why?
In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Sorry, but Jesus died on a Friday, because His body could not be left hanging on the Sabbath, which was the next day, and was a special High Sabbath, if memory serves. Also, the Gospels specifically mention the day before the Sabbath as the day of Jesus' death:
Matthew 27:62: "62 The next day, the one after Preparation Day, the chief priests and the Pharisees went to Pilate."

Mark 15:42: "The Burial of Jesus--
42 It was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath). So as evening approached, 43 Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent member of the Council, who was himself waiting for the kingdom of God, went boldly to Pilate and asked for Jesus’ body."

Luke 23:
"50 Now there was a man named Joseph, a member of the Council, a good and upright man, 51 who had not consented to their decision and action. He came from the Judean town of Arimathea, and he himself was waiting for the kingdom of God. 52 Going to Pilate, he asked for Jesus’ body. 53 Then he took it down, wrapped it in linen cloth and placed it in a tomb cut in the rock, one in which no one had yet been laid. 54 It was Preparation Day, and the Sabbath was about to begin."

John 19:
When Pilate heard this, he brought Jesus out and sat down on the judge’s seat at a place known as the Stone Pavement (which in Aramaic is Gabbatha). 14 It was the day of Preparation of the Passover; it was about noon......

31 Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath. Because the Jewish leaders did not want the bodies left on the crosses during the Sabbath, they asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken down."

The Sabbath was on Saturday, was it not? So, once again, you are incorrect. Should I believe you or the Key of David link, over what the Bible actually says? Shouldn't I believe what the gospels writers wrote under inspiration of the Holy Spirit?

And you yet again have refused to answer my simple question...is it too difficult or what? "Where in the NT did either Jesus or the Apostles teach that knowing and believing the correct time of day the Paschal lamb was slaughtered for Jesus' last supper is something we MUST believe, in order to be saved?"

Last edited:
Dave is this what you wrote, or are you quoting a writing from my church?
This entire thread, for however many years it has been going on, has been a demonstration of how far afield a person's interpretation can go when they overlook or ignore the context of Scripture.

It is analogous to some of the wack-a-doodle arguments that people have about Genesis 1 when people don't realize that Christ is being placarded before their very eyes in that chapter.

This entire thread, for however many years it has been going on, has been a demonstration of how far afield a person's interpretation can go when they overlook or ignore the context of Scripture.

It is analogous to some of the wack-a-doodle arguments that people have about Genesis 1 when people don't realize that Christ is being placarded before their very eyes in that chapter.
Yes, the Biblical witness is clear--Jesus died on a Friday, the day BEFORE the Sabbath, and the Sabbath was on Saturday. Why do some refuse to believe the clear biblical witness?

Last edited:
Yes, the Biblical witness is clear--Jesus died on a Friday, the day BEFORE the Sabbath, and the Sabbath was on Saturday. Why do some refuse to believe the clear biblical witness?
Indeed. If there was a problem with the accounts of the crucifixion and resurrection of the incarnate LORD then it would have been noted and addressed by first century friend and foe alike.

As we all know, there are only first century Scriptural and historical crickets to be heard in this regard.

Reactions: Nic
We have been discussing this topic for years and it has been pointed out for years that the in the church calendar Good Friday, like other particular days of remembrance or celebration, is a place holder.

Since it is a place holder that has been shown to "nullify" the word of God "on earth" (i.e. message of the cross - i.e. (Matthew 26:2; Mark 8:31; 1 Corinthians 2:1-5; Galatians 1:11,12, 20)), the place holder of Good Friday is an "unsound" doctrine "on earth". (i.e. not "according to the Scriptures"; i.e. false doctrine, i.e. an "unsound" teaching not taught by Jesus or His apostles)

At the end of the day (no pun intended) you are still in the same place with regard to your claim, namely, there is no command to the Gentiles to adopt the Hebrew calendar.

There are commands to the Gentiles, given by the apostle to the Gentiles (apostle Paul), not to quench the Spirit nor to despise prophecies, and to hold fast what is good (i.e. 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21) Pagan traditions that "nullify" the word of God "on earth", that "quench" the Spirit "on earth", and that "despise" prophecies "on earth" are not to be held fast "on earth"! Why? These pagan traditions are not good. They go beyond what is written in the Holy Scriptures. (i.e. 1 Corinthians 4:6) (i.e. John 4:24 "... must worship in spirit and truth"; Ephesians 5:11-13 "...have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness" ...)

Hold fast to the "doctrine of Christ", this is good, "on earth" as in heaven. ((Matthew 26:2; Mark 8:31; 2 John 9)

At the end of the day (no pun intended) you are still in the same place with regard to your claim, namely, there is no command to the Gentiles to adopt the Hebrew calendar.

There are other commands given to the Gentiles, by the apostle to the Gentiles (apostle Paul). (i.e. Romans 12:16 "... Do not be wise in your own opinion.; 1 Corinthians 1:10 "... that you all speak the same thing ... be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement.)

So, in the Gentile calendar that one proposes, will the Eastern Orthodox Christians be moving their place holder for Great Friday in 2024, from May 3rd according to the Julian calendar, to March 28th according to the Gregorian calendar held by the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, or will the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod's placeholder for Good Friday be moved to May 3rd this year? Afterall, it is written to be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement.

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Since it is a place holder that has been shown to "nullify" the word of God "on earth" (i.e. message of the cross - i.e. (Matthew 26:2; Mark 8:31; 1 Corinthians 2:1-5; Galatians 1:11,12, 20)), the place holder of Good Friday is an "unsound" doctrine "on earth". (i.e. not "according to the Scriptures"; i.e. false doctrine, i.e. an "unsound" teaching not taught by Jesus or His apostles)

There are commands to the Gentiles, given by the apostle to the Gentiles (apostle Paul), not to quench the Spirit nor to despise prophecies, and to hold fast what is good (i.e. 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21) Pagan traditions that "nullify" the word of God "on earth", that "quench" the Spirit "on earth", and that "despise" prophecies "on earth" are not to be held fast "on earth"! Why? These pagan traditions are not good. They go beyond what is written in the Holy Scriptures. (i.e. 1 Corinthians 4:6) (i.e. John 4:24 "... must worship in spirit and truth"; Ephesians 5:11-13 "...have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness" ...)

Hold fast to the "doctrine of Christ", this is good, "on earth" as in heaven. ((Matthew 26:2; Mark 8:31; 2 John 9)

There are other commands given to the Gentiles, by the apostle to the Gentiles (apostle Paul). (i.e. Romans 12:16 "... Do not be wise in your own opinion.; 1 Corinthians 1:10 "... that you all speak the same thing ... be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement.)

So, in the Gentile calendar that one proposes, will the Eastern Orthodox Christians be moving their place holder for Great Friday in 2024, from May 3rd according to the Julian calendar, to March 28th according to the Gregorian calendar held by the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, or will the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod's placeholder for Good Friday be moved to May 3rd this year? Afterall, it is written to be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement.

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
Adiaphora by definition doesn't nullify God's word.

The one nullifying God's word in this regard is you since you are asserting a non existent law, that is, that there is a command for Gentiles to follow the Hebrew calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back